Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  
 Pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ..  9
Author: Subject: eJukebox 5 Beta 45
SimonC

posted on 2-22-2008 at 01:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Audiosoft - Thanks for Beta 7 - solves the height issue nicely.

However, I have a new problem introduced by Beta 7:

Whenever I start EJ, I now get the same 1st song each time.
This happens in custom mode. If I have a playlist loaded, it will add the same "random" song to the top of the playlist.

Also, with all Betas, Full screen mode isn't working properly. If I select Fullscreen mode and then press a letter from the A-Z, it returns to EJ view and usually fails to display any artists in Shelf3D.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-22-2008 at 01:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

The Shelf3D saving feature of your Beta 7 works good!
I'm also glad that Shelf3D handle leading THE, LE, LES, LA and L'. But I noticed the alphabetical order is not completely respected: Artists with leading THE, LE, LES, LA and L' are sorted at the end of their letter! Have a look at my screenshoot: Les Caméléons, The Clash and The Crystal Method should become before Cypress Hill..

I'm longing eJukebox handle leading THE, LE, LES, LA and L' in the ARTIST LIST and the ALBUM LIST too!

Concerning the Shelf3D a-z list in fullscreen:
As it seems it can't display all the albums for each letter.. maybe you could make it shows the more rescent albums first?

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
rllercstr7

posted on 2-22-2008 at 06:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Audiosoft,
I just wanted to bring a small problem to your attention. Sometimes after I have clicked the next button with my mouse, the button stays in its highlighted state as if the mouse were still over it eventhough it is not. Consequently the next time I click anywhere with my mouse eJukebox skips to the next song. This happens fairly often for me, but I can't seem to recreate it when I am trying to unfortunately.
Thanks!
blackcat

posted on 2-23-2008 at 11:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
What's new in 5 Beta 7: - Feb 22nd
*Note: Beta 7 updated (after 13 downloads) - now fixes playlist track times showing 0:00 when Next Song display is disabled.

Many thanks for this fix Audiosoft.
Dragon_slayer

posted on 2-23-2008 at 05:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,
The new Shelf3D looks great; it should look good with the new skin I’ve just completed. It’s a re-imaging of your EJ Remix skin. If I have time I’ll post an image of it tomorrow.
Dragon_slayer

posted on 2-24-2008 at 04:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here’s some screenshots of my new skin. It’s consistent with my taste in music but I was actually inspired to make it after watching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles hence it futuristic look. It’s more or less finished but I’m still tinkering with it, so it might be another few days before I make it available.

Introducing: Future Retro
Dragon_slayer

posted on 2-24-2008 at 04:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sorry about the screenshot size, it’s a bit larger than I expected. Anyway here’s another one:
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-24-2008 at 05:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nice work Dragon_slayer!

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-24-2008 at 10:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
dragon_slayer,
Nice work! Future Retro looks awesome! I can't wait to try it out!

Everyone, Beta 8 will be up tonight/tomorrow. Beta 8 will fix it so Shelf3D stays fullscreen when the song changes (which paves the way for the coming play album button and the eventual listing of tracks inside fullscreen). Plus it will prevent eJukebox from getting stuck on internet radio for those of you still experiencing that issue. Also I am looking into the playlist issues posted by rllercstr7 and SimonC so those might also be fixed in Beta 8.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rllercstr7

posted on 2-24-2008 at 10:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Audiosoft!
Dragon_slayer

posted on 2-25-2008 at 03:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Audiosoft & Pirk, I’m glad you liked it.
I know I stated that it was more or less finished, however, that was before I worked out how to implement button colour changes etc. Since then I’ve added features like transparency on the start-up page & some other original features. I’m still working on it though & probably will be for the next few days. As soon as I’m finished I will post it on the Skins forum for download.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-26-2008 at 05:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
v5 Beta 8: Internet radio works good!

Audiosoft,

Thanks a lot for fixing the Internet radio! I can now listen to a radio, then leave this radio for eJukebox songs: It's no more a problem!! :cool:

Little issue remaining: I just noticed that if I have some songs in the playlist, each time I change the radio station I lost the first 2 songs in the playlist (The playlist display seems to don't change, but if I resize the left pannel songs are missing in the playlist). It's not a big bug, but just wanted to let you know..

Thanks again.

goldfinger515

posted on 2-26-2008 at 09:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
program seems to be getting better and better. too bad im having other issues since buying the program and therfore cant even use ejukebox...

nice work though
privatejz

posted on 2-28-2008 at 05:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
well. i just upgraded to pro so i could play with this.

nice work.
blackcat

posted on 2-29-2008 at 04:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Shelf3D looks great.

Would it be possible for the home page to display the newest albums added to eJukebox in the Shelf3D view? This would allow easy access to your latest album purchases.

How are the albums in the Shelf3d currently sorted? Would it be possible to have options as in the album view? I have a lot of compilation albums and these are given priority over complete albums, often resulting in complete albums by artists being missed off the list. Could compilation albums be sorted to be displayed at the end of the Shelf3d list? My preference for sorting would be by latest year with compilations at the end of the list.
blackcat

posted on 2-29-2008 at 05:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Whenever I try and access the Shelf3D after I've been into the display newest songs or last played songs list, only 1 blank album is ever displayed for each artist in the Shelf3d view. Same on both XP (Beta 6) and Vista (Beta 8) machines. Vista machine often crashed eJukebox shortly afterwards.

This bug is also noticable after new songs are added to eJukebox as the display newest songs list is displayed after new songs are added.
CiXel

posted on 3-1-2008 at 10:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I can't manage to get shelf3D going either under XP. Installed latest flash, upgraded to IE7 (gasp!), made the settings changes to IE7 (thanks Audiosoft),installed DirectX 9.0c, and still no go (with a lot more bloat ;)

What might I be missing? What are the requirements for this?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-2-2008 at 01:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
blackcat, try the beta 9 exe in the first post as it should fix shelf3d after newest songs are listed.

CiXel, please also try the beta 9 download in the first post. What do you see in the Shelf3D area? Do you see the Home and no cover images in Shelf3D like blackcat or is the area totally empty? does right click over Shelf3d show anything?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blackcat

posted on 3-2-2008 at 09:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

Yes, the new beta 8 fixes the newest songs/latest played Shelf3D issues. Thanks.

Any plans for the Shelf3D to display main artists albums first in the list, rather than compilation albums? As an example, I have 2 Goldfrapp albums but have to scroll through 8 compilation albums before I get to the main albums in the Shelf3D view.
blackcat

posted on 3-2-2008 at 11:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

When I try and add an album to the playlist it more often than not ignores the first track. Especiallly after I start eJukebox in random playlist mode.
Fishy

posted on 3-2-2008 at 10:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, thanks for the additions and improvements in this version!

A small request: It would be nice to have an arrow (left and right) in order to ease navigation between albums in the shelf 3d. This is probably available in the fullscreen version, but not in the mini-version replacing the old carousel (I have to admit that I use ejukebox lite).

I have also noticed a bug, where one can not close the option-dialog in ejukebox lite (all options are ghosted and one is not able to close the dialog). I do think some options would be appropiate also for ejukebox lite users? I will consider an upgrade anyhow :b

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-2-2008 at 10:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fishy,
with Lite the Shelf3D options panel elements are disabled so the x does not work to close it. but I think if you right click again and click EXIT the options will disappear right?
So we need some arrow PNGs for Shelf3D? You don't like the mousewheel or clicking the images? I could add arrows as an option. Do you think clicking the arrows should list the album's songs or only move the album in shelf3d?

privatejz

posted on 3-3-2008 at 05:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
anybody else having trouble adding new songs to the database? i have added 7 new cd's i bought but they do not show up. each time i add to the database it finds the files and says it adds them, even opens up the newest songs on the shelf (even though most of them i have had in there for months, what is the time frame for the newest cd's and can we change this?) but the new ones i just added do not show up in any album list, shelf or artist..
also when i go to add to database again it skips them as it thinks they are already added.
any ideas.

also i have noticed in the shelf that it does not show all albums. it seems to pick a random collection of say when i click on blues or jazz it only grabs a selection of the albums i have.

everything worked fine and all albums showed in album view in the old 4.9

thanks.

btw. this version is pretty sweet. been preaching to some friends.. hopefully they check it out and get you some more well deserved customers.
rllercstr7

posted on 3-3-2008 at 06:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Audiosoft,
I just wanted to clarify something about the bug I post a little while back in this thread. What I believed was going wrong may not be the case. While the next song button does sometimes get stuck in the activated state, I don't think it causes issues. Instead when I click on the next song button to get eJukebox to play the next song up in my autoplay que (popularity mode) the song that is suposed to be next up starts to play and does so for probably a duration of about 10 seconds before what I am assuming is the even farther back (2nd) in the autoplay que begins to play. In a nutshell, sometimes the song that is up next in popularity mode somehow gets skipped over when I click on the next song button. As I said before it seems to happen randomly and therefore I have a hard time figuring out exactly what causes it. I hope that you can follow that ok, but just let me know if you need further clarification about anything. Thanks Audiosoft, eJukebox is looking great!
Fishy

posted on 3-3-2008 at 09:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, now I can close the dialog.

I also noticed that I can use the mouse wheel to scroll through albums :) That makes the suggested arrows redundant. Thanks!

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
ScAtMaN

posted on 3-3-2008 at 01:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I still think having arrows as an option woudl be good. -think about us touch-screen users without a keyboard and mouse!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-3-2008 at 06:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ScAtMaN, on a touchscreen wouldn't you rather just click the actual album images instead of using arrows? without arrows you touch less to get to the album you want. with arrows you would have to keep clicking them to move one at a time...unless i made the arrows scan when you hold them down.

How do you think the arrows should function? Click arrow to move 1 album at a time without listing the songs until u click the center cover? or mousedown over the arrow scans until mouseup then lists the selected album's songs?

SimonC

posted on 3-4-2008 at 02:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi

Still having a few issues with Shelf3d.

1 - Sometimes in artist view when pressing a letter, either just 1 cover being displayed or none at all. This usually happens after displaying several different letters from the a-z. Once this happens, restarting EJ is the only way to get the covers displayed again.

2 - In full screen mode, pressing any letter causes EJ to crash totally - I've only noticed this since Beta 9.

Is this happening with anyone else?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-5-2008 at 06:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
SimonC,

Beta 11 is up in the first post. Give it a try as it should fix those issues.

rllercstr7

posted on 3-5-2008 at 07:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Audiosoft,
Have you been able to figure out anything pertaining to my next song issue. Its not a showstopper, but is annoying as it happens a few times a day. Thanks!
 Pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ..  9

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats