Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  
 Pages:  1  2  3  4  ..  9
Author: Subject: eJukebox 5 Beta 45
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-14-2008 at 08:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
I am looking into the THE resort issue with the album list and shelf3d a-z. I should be able to get that working good for shelf3d but the Album list might be to complex to rework without tripling the time it takes to load. It is a pretty complex thing to ignore THE. I was able to pull it off with the artist list but on both artists and albums it may be too cpu/memory hungry. I will look it over again and see what can be done.

Is it not sufficient if you pull off only on the Artist Names in the albumlist too?

That would be great if you could also pull off on the artists names starting by LES (meaning THE in French).

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
Well_Jaggy

posted on 2-14-2008 at 08:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Well_Jaggy,

Yes when you open the full album list it hides shelf3d. It is supposed to do that. You need to x close the album list to use shelf3d. BTW Beta 1 does not load any images in shelf3d on startup/home view yet. that will change soon. my question was do you always get that grey screen or does shelf3d start working when the album list is closed and you view a song list?
no it doesn't work at all. the only time I am able to see either 3d shelf or carousel (if i untick 3d shelf to use carousel) is when the program first loads and goes immediatley to the home page. after that I am unable to view either at any time. whats on the screenshot i posted is the closest I get to it at anytime.

also, this next question probably means I have been missing some of the basic operations, but how do you get a list of songs of you don't select them through the albums? - I don't like using the artist list as it just takes up screen space!!
Well_Jaggy

posted on 2-14-2008 at 08:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
actually - just thinking - what version of flash player is needed for this to work? I have version 8 installed on the pc.

EDIT -

getting somewhere now - I have now installed flash version 9 and I can now get to the options and add the background picture.

I tried clicking on some of the songs on the home page top 10 and it brought the list up, and the picture at the top stays the same, but no album covers show - (made a bit smaller to fit on the page better)
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1053/ejhome2ai7.jpg
rllercstr7

posted on 2-14-2008 at 11:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wow! That looks great Audiosoft.
In playing around with it I did find a few features that would be nice to have. When in full screen mode the keyboard arrows could be enable to allow for flipping left and right through the albums as well as any of the letter keys activating that artist letter.
In order to increase full screen mode's usefullness, it would be cool to show the album listing when you click on the cover and it flips around. Just like any CD that has the listing on the back. Some little play buttons and the method currently used in the song list to que the tracks would be nice so you could actually play songs from the album without going back into eJukebox's songlist.
Also what resolution are the albums being displayed in for the full screen mode? I have mostly all my art at 500x500, but it just looks kinda blurry.
Did you ever get a chance to look at the suggestion I posted a few weeks ago about the database in genral discussion?

Thanks! :D
ScAtMaN

posted on 2-15-2008 at 11:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I agree rllercstr7, with a few additions in functionality fullscreen Shelf3d could make an excellent kiosk mode for small touch screens -nice, simple and uncluttered.

As well as rllercstr7 suggestions we could have a bar along the bottom for search and maybe a now playing/whats up next box. This could be very cool :cool:!
Well_Jaggy

posted on 2-16-2008 at 09:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Working now!

connected my Jukebox PC to the net (AGGHHHH) and visited windows update site. few updates and a re-boot later, voila! all good!

Nce work Audiosoft!
mchawk

cool.gif posted on 2-16-2008 at 01:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hello everyone,

here is a shelf3d-background for the blacklight-skin:
http://29155.linkredirect.onetwomax.de/

You can use the link within eJukebox-Shelf3D-Settings.
But I think it's better you download the image - the picture is more then 1 MB and could slowdown the jukebox-start.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-16-2008 at 03:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah ahh.. a town now, well a city! Nice. ;)

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-16-2008 at 08:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great ideas everyone! BTW I already planned to have a song listing show inside Shelf3D Full screen. That will take time but eventually will happen.

rllercstr7, right now the Shelf3D images are all 400x400 resized from the original. What I will do is add an option to allow you to use the original full resolution images. The only problem with that option is the borders will not look right unless all your images are square.

Update regarding the "leading THE's" album list sorting issue...
I think I have figured out a way to do this fast enough! Will probably have eJukebox generate a new field in the database called artist_for_sort before album list creation. Let me know if you think it should ignore anything else or just THE / LES.

Beta 2 is up! Please let me know if it fixes the crashing!

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blackcat

posted on 2-17-2008 at 10:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just installed Beta 2 and it still crashes when I search for something that it cannot find. It's fine when I search for something I know I've got.

Audiosoft - Great news about your solution to the sorting of the 'The' artists in the albumlist. Looking forward to this - cheers.

The zero length bug only appears when you uncheck the 'Show Next Song Display When Songs Are In Playlist' box. An image of the bug is in this post:-
http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=2190#pid77316
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-17-2008 at 12:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Update regarding the "leading THE's" album list sorting issue...
I think I have figured out a way to do this fast enough! Will probably have eJukebox generate a new field in the database called artist_for_sort before album list creation. Let me know if you think it should ignore anything else or just THE / LES.

Beta 2 is up! Please let me know if it fixes the crashing!

Glad you figured out a way to ignore the leading THE's in the album list! That would be great you add to your list: LES - LE - LA - L'
I hope that will apply to the Artist list as well?

Otherwise eJukebox v5 beta 2 still crash if I search for something that not exists in the database.

Thanks a lot for your great work.

Alpheratz13

posted on 2-17-2008 at 04:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi everybody.

It's an great work what you are doing Audiosoft, thank you.

I know is an beta version, but i can ask you, if is possible of course.
When you put the Shelf3D in full mode, is possible put a kind of "Play Button" like on Album section ? So you can stay in full mode.

It's hard to explain what I mean.
Sorry for my bad english, if you what know more ask me.

Irving
SimonC

posted on 2-17-2008 at 05:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great to see the new option for shelf3d height added. Thanks for that.

I am not sure though whether I have a problem or maybe I am not understanding how options work.

I have set height at 250. I then went into shelf3d and adjusted the image size to maximise the available height and set the background image. Then I save.

When I load the options or restart EJ, the background image comes up but the image sze defaults back to original.

Is this a bug or is it as designed?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-18-2008 at 12:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
SimonC,
The Image Size option inside Shelf3D is currently the only thing that does not get saved/restored because it autosizes. I will try to get it to autosize better when you set the height smaller. Then I will see if I can add a checkbox option called "Autosize" that is checked by default but when unchecked Shelf3d would restore your last inside and Fullscreen Image Sizes.

Alpheratz13,
RE: When you put the Shelf3D in full mode, is possible put a kind of "Play Button" like on Album section ? So you can stay in full mode.It's hard to explain what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean. A 'Play Album' button is coming soon for Shelf3D

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-18-2008 at 10:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

I've tried again the search function with the beta 3, and well it still crash but I noticed that eJukebox doesn't crash if I close the shelf3D. It also crash when I search using the old carousel! If I close all the carousels, eJukebox NEVER crash while I'm searching.. So it seems the 2 carousels cause this bug.

Thanks.

Alpheratz13

posted on 2-18-2008 at 02:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great Audiosoft.

I can't waiting for new version :D
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-18-2008 at 11:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the beta 4 Audiosoft. I like you keep the image full resolution in the shelf3D!
Unfortunately still crashing on "bad" searchs..

Otherwise just a question: Is there a limit for the among of albums that can display the shelf3D? I mean that often a lot of albums are missing in the shelf3D while they show up in the songlist.

EDIT: The beta 5 also crashed the same way than beta 4..

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-19-2008 at 12:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Improved Crimson skin search logo..

The search feature doesn't works perfectly since the shelf3D, but nevertheless this weekend I've tried to improve the search display of my Crimson skin! :D
So a new version of my skin will come.. if you like my new search logo? Safari is coming on windows guys! ;)

rllercstr7

posted on 2-19-2008 at 12:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Looks good to me Pirk!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-19-2008 at 01:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rllerscr7,
Thanks!

Audiosoft,
The full resolution images are looking excellent when the shelf3D is in full screen mode! And the list by letter works good too, but a lot of albums are missing in the shelf3D display!! Is there a limitation?

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-19-2008 at 01:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for testing these guys. I wish the search crash would effect me so I could get an error message. I will figure this out soon. But has anyone seen an error message or anything? or does it always totally disappear any time with carousel or shelf3d and no albums found??

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-19-2008 at 01:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Thanks for testing these guys.
I wish the search crash would effect me so I could get an error message. I will figure this out. But has anyone seen an error message or anything? or does it always totally disappear any time with carousel or shelf3d and no albums found??

No error message for me. eJukebox just disappear instantaneously!

I also noticed that I always have none album displayed in the shelf3D on the Homepage when eJ starts.

Quote:

Pirk,

The shelf3d albums are currently limited to about the Top 40 related albums based on pick count. I was thinking about changing it to based on numbers of songs in the album instead. What do you think?

I agree. I think that would be less restrictive..

Quote:
Also Shelf3D can handle unlimited albums but eJukebox keeps it to around the top 40 so it can load fast enough. I will add an option eventually to raise it to 100 or 200 if you got a PC that can take it.

Yes, I would prefer it loads more albums if possible. I just hope that will not be to slow on my PC!

Thanks.

blackcat

posted on 2-19-2008 at 06:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

The shelf3d albums are currently limited to about the Top 40 related albums based on pick count. I was thinking about changing it to based on numbers of songs in the album instead. What do you think?

I have big problem with it being based on the no. of songs in that it will prioritise compilation albums. Could for top 40 be based on recent album year and give priority over artists albums rather than compilations?

Many thanks,
Pirk
Posting Freak

thumbup.gif posted on 2-19-2008 at 10:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Search bug fixed!

Audiosoft,

Your Beta 6 FIXES the search bug!

Could you make that the shelf3D uses the saved image size each time it is loaded inside eJukebox and in fullscreen mode too? Until now it always restores the default small size..
Also, there is still no image in the shelf3D on the Homeview when eJ starts.

Thanks a lot.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-19-2008 at 12:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

Great!! Thanks for letting me know beta 6 fixes the search crash! I will sleep good now. When I wake up I will work on making Shelf3D automatically restore your last saved normal and Fullscreen Image Size.

Also nothing shows up in Shelf3D on startup because the home view does not add any covers yet. Do you guys want the most popular albums to show or the menu pngs we talked about before? I was planning on the pngs but I can't do that until I have all the home view PNG image files/features figured out.

rllercstr7

posted on 2-19-2008 at 03:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The png's would be great, because the homepage itself already includes album covers. Maybe everyone could suggest a few to be put in and then people could give making the icons a shot as well as using some that already exist such as internet radio. Can shelf3D handle animated images Audiosoft? I suggest the following icons:

-Internet radio
-Options
-CD Ripper
-Playlists/Autolist Builder
-New Songs
-Update database
-Help (Linking to the forums possibly?)
-Switch autoplay mode

It would be awsome if that new songs icon could link to a page something like I had the idea for earlier which was:
"There are 10 album covers corresponding to the newest songs in the database. There could be many songs under each album if they are all newly added to the database. When a cover is clicked on, the bottom portion changes to show a larger cover with its release date, and the newest tracks with their quality and rating. When new songs are added they take the place of the oldest ones in this listing and their album covers appear in the display."
If you have the time Audiosoft, I think that would be awsome! :D
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-19-2008 at 09:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Pirk,

Great!! Thanks for letting me know beta 6 fixes the search crash! I will sleep good now. When I wake up I will work on making Shelf3D automatically restore your last saved normal and Fullscreen Image Size.

Also nothing shows up in Shelf3D on startup because the home view does not add any covers yet. Do you guys want the most popular albums to show or the menu pngs we talked about before? I was planning on the pngs but I can't do that until I have all the home view PNG image files/features figured out.

Hello Audiosoft!

Well, I don't know if it's wake up time for you or not? :D I hope you sleep well! For me it's the evening.. Glad if you can make the shelf3D restore the saved image sizes. :)

Concerning the home view, I would like the menu pngs in the shelf3D AND the Top albums underneath! Or else maybe you could add a button to switch the shelf3D between menus and top albums? Unless you put the top albums in the old carousel (maybe using a smaller size), and the menus in the shelf3D.. I don't know if you can/want use the large png icons I posted earlier?

Otherwise, I agree with the menus posted by rllercstr7.

Thanks.

rllercstr7,

Maybe could you make the corresponding png images for the menus you proposed? Audiosoft needs very large and square images, once we agreed on the different choices..

Thanks.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-22-2008 at 10:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Beta 7 is up

Montana

posted on 2-22-2008 at 01:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
With the beta 7, I'm getting an error message saying it's not a valid Win32 application in Windows Vista.

Andy
SimonC

posted on 2-22-2008 at 01:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I got the same in XP.
I downloaded again and all was fine.
 Pages:  1  2  3  4  ..  9

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats