Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  
 Pages:  1  2  3  4
Author: Subject: eJukebox 4.99.82 BETA
CiXel

posted on 4-19-2009 at 10:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sure thing. I realize it's quite an edge case, just making sure someone that doesn't know better doesn't run into the same thing.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-19-2009 at 10:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Automatic Flash Installation

Thanks for bringing this up CiXel. The carousel already prompts to automatically download/install flash without ej needing to restart...shelf3d is supposed to do the same but for some reason it is not doing it...maybe should make carousel the default again for first time users. what do you guys think? or will work on getting shelf3d to do it right if it remains default

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CiXel

posted on 4-20-2009 at 12:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
CiXel well the carosel automatically installs flash player when not installed yet...maybe should make that the default again or get shelf3d to install it.

Ok, so I lied. I do have flash installed, but under IE is was only reporting version 6 (FF was reporting 10.x). Consequently the carousel was working but Shelf3d would not. After bringing IE up to version 10.x both work and I don't seem to have the 'ungraceful' symptoms anymore. Perhaps it would be good to do a version check beyond just a flash check.

On a side note, Having just played with the carousel, I think you should add a display option to 'reverse rotation' so left goes left and right goes right. It would feel more natural to some people.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-20-2009 at 05:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: 'reverse rotation' so left goes left and right goes right
I just tried it that way. Reverse does not work good like you would think. basically the albums would then move away from your mouse instead of toward making it very difficult to click the cover you want

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CiXel

posted on 4-20-2009 at 10:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
RE: 'reverse rotation' so left goes left and right goes right
I just tried it that way. Reverse does not work good like you would think. basically the albums would then move away from your mouse instead of toward making it very difficult to click the cover you want

Interesting. I was thinking of using a touchscreen, so I was trying to get the effect of flicking your finger to rotate ( I see your point with a mouse though. Actually on the touch screen it's difficult to use since each 'press' (single click) on the carousel launches an album. Perhaps later down the line if 'touchscreen' is enabled it would be better if a double-click selected in the carousel?

In either case I'll see how YT reacts with 'quicktime-alternative' installed either tonight or tomorrow.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-20-2009 at 05:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
CiXel, unfortunately quicktime "alternative" will not work for the hd tube streams...real quicktime needs to be installed for those to work. "alternative" can only be used by ej internal player for local file playback.

CiXel

posted on 4-20-2009 at 05:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
CiXel, quicktime "alternative" will not work for the hd tube streams...real quicktime needs to be installed for that to work. "alternative" can only be used by ffdshow for local file playback in ej

Ahh, good to know. Thank you for saving me some hair pulling ;)
Fishy

posted on 4-21-2009 at 04:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
With the latest beta I experience problems with HD tubes which tend to pause themselves regularly without any user action.

I have quicktime installed and an updated version of flash. Windows Vista.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-21-2009 at 05:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: I experience problems with HD tubes which tend to pause themselves regularly without any user action.

Fishy, could it be it pauses because it is waiting for it to buffer enough? also keep in mind the true 720p HD streams need much more cpu than the lower quality ones...so to get them to play smooth you might need to check/close in taskmanager other exe's that are using allot of cpu/disk.

CiXel

posted on 4-21-2009 at 05:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Is there anyway to pre-buffer YT's when they are 'up next' so when it's time to play they are good to go?
Fishy

posted on 4-21-2009 at 10:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, that could be. I will try tomorrow with some when I am more patient :)

Cixel suggestion would have been fantastic, if it is possible to buffer up the next stream while playing the current one in parallel.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-23-2009 at 08:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: Cixel suggestion would have been fantastic, if it is possible to buffer up the next stream while playing the current one in parallel.

impossible has turned possible!
v4.99.80 is up...now with pre-buffering! :D

CiXel

posted on 4-23-2009 at 11:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great work with the pre-buffering. That will make for a better user experience.

Let me be that guy for a moment...
I can't get this going :/
I installed full on real quicktime and I can get the video to 'load' into the video window, winamp stops, and the video just sits there. There's a little blue bar on the lower right (underneath auto-play) that looks about 1/8 'full'. Is there so other test I can run to make sure I have things going properly? Seems strange...
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-24-2009 at 05:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ok .81 is up! streams should work much much better now....fixed problems with streams when winamp enabled. also now pre-buffers upnext between winamp tracks (and internal player tracks) so streams no longer need to be back to back for them to pre-buffer.

the streams begin pre-buffering 5 seconds after they are up next. also the very first stream you play in the ejukebox session cannot be pre-buffered.

Fishy

posted on 4-24-2009 at 04:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I still have this problem with random pausing. This does not happen with HD-video in e.g. firefox, where they buffer pretty fast and play flawlessly from youtube.

In the beta, HD-videos needs about 2 minutes with buffering. When it has completed buffering (according to the progressbar), it does not start up playing directly. One has to manually press the play button. The Ejukebox beta also pauses the video randomly even after buffering has been completed.

Am I the only one who have these issues with HD-videos?

For some reason these problems mainly occur when I go fullscreen.

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-24-2009 at 08:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Fishy
Am I the only one who have these issues with HD-videos?

Sorry Fishy, not really tested HD tubes yet. I must complete other things, immediately! Not sure I can load HD streams efficiently..

Thank you guys for taking the torch! :D

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-29-2009 at 06:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
.81 exe refreshed...
-new options on Auto List Builder: 'Include Media Types' with check boxes for Audio Files, Video Files and Internet Streams. These allow you to restrict Autoplay to only audio files or only video files and prevent or only internet streams. List builder now allows you to generate an custom Album List of only videos or streams.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-29-2009 at 09:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, Could you also add a option or something preventing that the last played tubes show up first in "newest songs" when they should not? Because when I add new mp3 albums it's always the last tubes which are in the spotlights in the caroussel and the songlist, even if they are more old then my new albums..
In fact I think you would "just" need to mix and to sort out the two sources accurately in "newest songs".

Thanks.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-29-2009 at 09:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk, new .81 exe is up. -fixes Newest Songs so it no longer shows all streams first in the songlist and carousel/shelf.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-30-2009 at 09:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Audiosoft.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-2-2009 at 05:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
4.99.82 is up!

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-2-2009 at 10:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Audiosoft. I like much your new option box for the shelf3D, Nice blue! Well done. :cool:

Pages:  1  2  3  4

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats