Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  
 Pages:  1  2  3  4
Author: Subject: eJukebox 4.99.82 BETA
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-9-2009 at 11:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
if you are talking about drag and drop from under the songlist then yeah that will come

yeah I'm talking about add to playlist the tubes from under the songlist.

Quote:
RE: Buffering state
Does it not show that its buffering in the tube video? or do you mean before it first starts playing?

You are right Audiosoft, there is a buffering animation in the video, but it doesn't show any information on the part that is already in the buffer. You know I mean a bar or maybe a index like the playtime/buffer bar you have on the youtube original site. That would be interesting to have a similar buffer bar in eJukebox. Because sometimes when the buffer is loading slowly, the best way is to pause the video then play it again only when the buffer is fast enough.. If we don't know how long is the video in the buffer, often it stars to play, but it stops 3 seconds layer then play again 3 seconds.. Interrupted Music is very unpleasant! I prefer to wait it buffered enough before starting to play these "less available" tubes.

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-9-2009 at 10:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk, you can already add tubes under the songlist to the playlist by clicking the text for the tube instead of the thumbnail.... looking into buffer. curious how long does it take yours from clicking a tube thumbnail under the songlist until you see the buffering notice on the video?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-10-2009 at 01:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, today effectively.. I must admit I can add the videos under the songlist to the playlist clicking on the text!!
You'll not believe me but for me it's the first time this feature works.. I've just restarted my PC, maybe I tried too much betas these last days? I'm glad it works good now! :D Since which beta that is supposed to work?

Buffer: the buffering notice is almost immediate, but it's not because you see this buffering notice in the video that you know if the buffer is loading fast enough... With that you just wait a moment before the tube starts to play: Great, the tube is now playing! Ouch.. too bad, it stops 3 seconds later! and so on... Luckily some tubes are buffering good, but which ones will??
Response: When it exists a buffer length indicator (x % or better, a halftone time bar for the whole video) like on the youtube original web site, you are not surprised by these interruptions. Even you can bring under control the poor streaming by playing it again from the beginning while the buffer (materialized by the halftone time bar) is loading a bit more.. still better than hashed music and video! but this is only possible if it exists a buffer time bar.

I hope my explanations will be useful. Thanks.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-10-2009 at 07:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
add tubes to the playlist by clicking their text under has worked since you could see results under songlist. only thing is ej will crash and disappear if you click to add another tube text while the first one is still being added. have been trying to get that corrected. I'll see what I can do about buffering.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-10-2009 at 08:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
well ok if you say that add tube to playlist by clicking on text already worked from result under the songlist.. I'm glad that now works for me too. I just still don't understand why it was not working for me before today. That's a bit crazy but it doesn't matter..

Glad if you can improve video buffering. Do you eventually consider to add a buffering bar to the eJukebox player?

Thanks a lot for your innovating work on tubes inside eJukebox.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-10-2009 at 11:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
.73 is up now with buffer progressbar!

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-11-2009 at 11:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wow! This morning with .73 it seems now all is working good! :cool:

progress bar: Ahh.. of course, you reused the mp3 progress bar that was now never used.. Nice shot! :D It works good.
low quality: It seems you chose to switch to low quality by default. How can we return to high quality by default? because when the streaming is bad, it doesn't stream better in low quality..
streaming: This morning the streaming works perfectly good! I hope that will continue..

Thank you very much.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-11-2009 at 01:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
.73 small bug report

Audiosoft, a small bug: when you use winamp player for mp3s but internal player for videos. if you are playing a mp3 and you add to playlist a tube. then when the mp3 ends the tube in the playlist doesn't go to now playing. ej player just stops and the forward button doesn't works. The only way is to click on the video title in the playlist.

Otherwise since .73 streaming is working a lot better. I don't know how you managed to improve it but, Well done!

Thanks again.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-11-2009 at 08:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for testing Pirk! Does the new buffer bar help? BTW I do notice that problem where its not starting the tube from the playlist at the end of current song in winamp...will try to get that fixed for the next update.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-11-2009 at 09:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes of course the buffer bar help a lot! it's still useful to know how the streaming is loading, especially when it is loading too slow..
I hope you'll also give us a way to start videos in HIGH quality. Because I don't think low quality helps more with slow streaming. Thanks.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-12-2009 at 12:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
LOW might not help with the streaming but it seems to give more FPS for video and uses allot less CPU. HIGH smooths over the video image but in the process it seems to loose about 1/2 the frames. Will have to add an option somewhere.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-12-2009 at 11:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah? 1/2 frames are lost in high quality?! Maybe they are not lost on all systems? Sure that a user option for that will be welcome. Low, Medium or High.

CiXel

posted on 4-12-2009 at 01:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Pirk
Sure that a user option for that will be welcome. Low, Medium or High.

Well, there are only 2 options straight from YT, Standard or High quality.
CiXel

posted on 4-12-2009 at 01:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmmm... ok so I just installed 73. When I add a YT to the playlist and the currently playing song finishes (via winamp) the YT does not enter into the player (Set to use internal for video). What happens is the last playing song starts over. EJ has removed the 'next' song from winamp so that much is getting though

Also the up-next YT time shows 0:00. That makes sense (without parsing the video for the time), but is that the way it's supposed to display
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-12-2009 at 03:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : CiXel
Quote:
Sure that a user option for that will be welcome. Low, Medium or High.

Well, there are only 2 options straight from YT, Standard or High quality.

Well, on my YT 3 options are usable: Low, Medium or High. But I will not make a whole cheese if only 2 are enabled in eJ.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-12-2009 at 03:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Hmmm... ok so I just installed 73. When I add a YT to the playlist and the currently playing song finishes (via winamp) the YT does not enter into the player (Set to use internal for video). What happens is the last playing song starts over. EJ has removed the 'next' song from winamp so that much is getting though

You are outstripped on this.. Audiosoft has already said he will try to fix it. :P
Quote:
Also the up-next YT time shows 0:00. That makes sense (without parsing the video for the time), but is that the way it's supposed to display

Good remark! Personally eJ shows tube icons instead of time.. so I not noticed this problem yet.

CiXel

posted on 4-12-2009 at 03:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
You are outstripped on this.. Audiosoft has already said he will try to fix it. :P

Doh. Thanks Pirk. I thought I read through and it looked liked you were getting along ok ;)

Quote:

Good remark! Personally eJ shows tube icons instead of time.. so I not noticed this problem yet.

Yeah, it would be fine for me to just show an 'icon' for any YT video when 'time' is selected. It would be difficult to parse the times until the files are called and you don't want to be calling a ton of files multiple times from a single ip.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-12-2009 at 04:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Yeah, it would be fine for me to just show an 'icon' for any YT video when 'time' is selected. It would be difficult to parse the times until the files are called and you don't want to be calling a ton of files multiple times from a single ip.

I guess that Audiosoft will choose to show icons for tubes even when 'time' is selected. :)

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-14-2009 at 12:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
.74 is up!

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-14-2009 at 08:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, .74 is working good.

There is just a curious thing since the latest betas: sometimes the "Next" button show up when it should not since there are still songs in the playlist. It not disappears immediately when you add song to the playlist, unless you click on it. And it also show up when you resize the nowplaying/playlist pannels or when you browse the playlist..

Thanks a lot for all these improvements.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-14-2009 at 06:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Pirk .75 is up and fixes that!

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-15-2009 at 09:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

The NetRelated ON/OFF option is welcome.
I would also like the tubes are not added to the Homeview stats "songs in database". Or maybe using a new stat.
Thank You Audiosoft.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-16-2009 at 09:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk, .77 is up it now shows the correct count on the home view!

With 4.99.75 tube stream quality was:
Resolution: 320 x 240
Bitrate: 200 kbps
Audio: 22KHz 64 kbps Mono
Video: Flash

With 4.99.76 stream quality is now:*
Resolution: 480 x 360 <-when HQ available. If not it is 320x240. All include better sound and bit rates than with .75:
Bitrate: 512 kbps
Audio : 44.1KHz 128 kbps Stereo
Video: h.264

and when there is a real HD version available:
Resolution: 1280 x 720
Bitrate: ~2000 kbps
Audio 44.1KHz 232kbps Stereo

*needs Quicktime installed for it to show best quality on all tubes. If not installed ej will revert to the low quality flash player.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-17-2009 at 06:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah great Audiosoft, .77! I've just installed .76.. So eJ will now offer the HD! I just fear it will be difficult for me to receive in HD?! But I'll try..
Thanks for the homeview correct count.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-17-2009 at 06:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
the buffer should be better now that its not flash. but the bitrate is higher so might have to wait a little longer. especially if its 720p. if it is a problem i could add an option to use the previous low bitrate flash player.

NOTE: With .77 if you still can see low-medium-hi quality when you right click the playing tube video area: then you are not getting the full quality video/stereo audio because quicktime is not installed. if you like download and install quicktime and restart ej

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-17-2009 at 07:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Okay Audiosoft, I'm running .77. it tried to stream the first tubes in HD. no right click menu, so I suppose it's quicktime player? but until now the buffer has never loaded enough.. so I never seen a tube in (supposed) HD yet.. Moreover after my first tries it now loads all the tubes with the old flash player, even those in HD 720p. I need to test more..

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-17-2009 at 07:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ok well in .77 if it ever shows in the old flash player it will not attempt to use quicktime again until you restart ej. hopefully can get this worked out in next version on Monday. seems like some tubes are not loading in new player but most do. search for 720p in ej search box and see if any will play. might need to uncheck prevent playback stoppage.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-17-2009 at 08:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
right Audiosoft, when I restart eJukebox it try to load again with quicktime..
New problem: I'm trying successively different tubes labeled as HD.. but when they start to stream, eJ -well quicktime in fact- continue to buffer a previous tube. I cannot remove this tube from the now playing pannel. The now playing anim skips to the next tube with its "cover" image, but when it starts to play again it's still the previous tube! unless I restart eJ..

Otherwise I managed to load a trailer in HD 720p! Very nice.. :cool:

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-18-2009 at 11:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk, I fixed most issues you can re-download .77 is new exe.

anyone that gives it a try...let me know if it works good for you now or not

CiXel,
.77 should have fixed .76 problem so the internal player no longer crash when quicktime is not installed. if no hd quicktime installed it uses flash for tubes. Even if you don't have quicktime or flash installed it should not crash on tube play...it just won't be able to actually play them so can hit >> button

CiXel

posted on 4-19-2009 at 11:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So if you don't have flash and java installed, EJ crashes out when you try to play a tube ;) (I keep my computer pretty light weight) Is there someway to handle this exception more gracefully?
 Pages:  1  2  3  4

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats