Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Inncorrect Tags Being Found When Loading Database
Jed

posted on 5-10-2004 at 10:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Inncorrect Tags Being Found When Loading Database

I am up to my B folder in updating my tags and i am still seeing the problem i discussed in this post
http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=749

in about every 5 out of 50 folders that i import it picks up file tags that don't even exsist in the mp3s tag id3v1 or id3v2 the only time they did exsist is when the mp3 was first ripped.

Audiosoft have you had any progress with this bug and do you know when it will be fixed, it is becoming a bigger and bigger problem for me?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-10-2004 at 06:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If you apply album cover images to your MP3s using your tag editor program this should not happen.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jed

posted on 5-11-2004 at 12:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sorry but that doesn't work. I have two problems and i'll try and explain them in as much detail as i can.

Problem 1.
Chemical Brothers Album.
All the idv1 and idv2 tags for the album say that the artists is "Chemical Brothers".
But when i import that album into ejukebox it comes up with two artists "Chemical Brothers" and "The Chemical Brothers".
If i look at the tags out of ejukebox they haven't changed.
If i rename the artist in ejukebox to "Chemical Brothers" and close and reopen ejukebox (or refresh list)
"The Chemical Brothers" is gone.
Look at the tags out of ejukebox again they haven't changed.
But the problem is if i deleted the db.m3u fle out of the ejukebox directory to emulate a fresh install of ejukebox and import my mp3s again i'm back to square one. "The Chemical Brothers" artists exsists again.

Problem 2.
Simular to Problem 1 but a few little differences.
Ost - The Matrix 1, Score Album
All the idv1 and idv2 tags for the album say that the Album name is "Ost - The Matrix 1, Score" and the artists name is "Various Artists"
But when i import that album into ejukebox it comes up 2 albums found 1st ablum name is "The Matrix: Original Motion Picture Score" with 9 tracks under it and the 2nd ablum name is "Ost - The Matrix 1, Score" with 1 track under it and the only artist name is "Various Artists"
So right click on one of the tracks in the "The Matrix: Original Motion Picture Score" album and select edit.
Click the rename abbum button and enter the original "Ost - The Matrix 1, Score" also set an image for the album (even though it already has one i just apply it again)
Exit ejukebox and go back in (or refresh album list) and it looks fine.
But when i exit ejukebox and look at the tags it has renamed the artist in ever track except the first track to "Don Davis" and left the first tack as "Various Artists" all tags read album name as "Ost - The Matrix 1, Score"
But when i delete the db.m3u fle out of the ejukebox directory to emulate a fresh install of ejukebox.
Import my mp3s again, The album name on every track except the first one is "The Matrix: Original Motion Picture Score" the first track album name is "Ost - The Matrix 1, Score"
Also track one that has the right album name also has the right artist name of "Various Artists"
But every other track has artist as "Don Davis"
I can follow all those steps again to try and fix the artist name problem but nothing ever changes in the tags and when i do an import i'm back at the last stage with both the artist and album names being wrong on all tracks except the first one.

This is the problem, applying an album cover images to your MP3s using my tag editor does not effect it what so ever.
Audiosoft if you can think of any thing else to fix this bug it would be a great help, besides this bug i am extremly happy with this program as it has the best interface i can find for a juke box, but with this bug it will take me too much time to setup my database making ejukebox unusable.
Please help?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-11-2004 at 12:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

All the idv1 and idv2 tags for the album say that the artists is "Chemical Brothers".
But when i import that album into ejukebox it comes up with two artists "Chemical Brothers" and "The Chemical Brothers".
When you setup the eJukebox database it only can use the Artist Name in the ID3 tag or if there is not an artist name in the ID3 tag it will use the first part of the file name like: The Chemical Brothers - song name.mp3.

After the database is setup it may change the artist name / album name WHEN it looks up a cover image and gets different Artist or Album name info from the internet. But after eJukebox has images for all your songs and you edit the info in eJukebox it should be permanently changed as eJukebox will not need to lookup a cover for a song again, even after rebuilding your database - as long as your mp3s are not on a network drive.

Are your Mp3 files on a network drive? Maybe there is a problem with the tag editing program you are using...

You may want to try checking the "Disable Automatic Album Cover Lookups" option on the OTHER tab in eJukebox's options panel and/or doing the following:

Recommendation: Allot of people have had success using the program Tag & Rename - and applying cover images to the tags using it. That way eJukebox never needs to lookup an image because they are hard coded in the ID3 tag. If all your tags are set using Tag&Rename with encoded cover images it will always come up with the correct info when you build your eJukebox database. And no info will be changed as cover lookups are not needed.

Also stop reinstalling and/or deleting the db.m3u file. After making changes to tags outside of eJukebox just Rebuild your database using the UPDATE DATABASE button on the eJukebox options panel - as it does the same thing.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jed

posted on 5-11-2004 at 03:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for you prmpt responses.

I have downloaded and installed tag&rename 3.06 and applied images to the albums and it has fixed my chemical brothers problem, Thanks!

But i'm sorry to say that i still have the same problem with the matrix score and the goodies album. Ejukebox just doesn't read the tags right.
There not on a network drive there on my local computer and the security for the files is set to i have full control of them.
Any other ideas?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-11-2004 at 03:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You used Tag&Rename to set the id3v1 and id3v2 album name and an album image for EVERY song in the Matrix album and after re-building your eJukebox database and refreshing the album list it still shows "The Matrix: Original Motion Picture Score"? Are you sure you don't have duplicate copies of this album that are being imported?

Also...make sure those mp3s are not set to Read-Only.

Jed

posted on 5-11-2004 at 04:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes i renamed as you said no, duplicate copies and there not read only. Very weird problem.

I kinda fixed it though. Burned an audio cd, and ripped it using the ejukebox ripper and now tags are picked up fine. just moved the old copy of the album to a temp directory incase i ever need to diagnose that problem again. but i'm stumped can't figure where it's getting that tag information from.
Thanks for your help seeing that it's only a few corrupt albums i'll just burn them off and rip them back on so there good for life!
Jed

posted on 5-11-2004 at 12:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've just purchased ejukebox but i'm still having problem with albums showing three diffenrt artists for the one album.
I'm doing my beatles albums and the artist list is showing.

Beatles
The Beatles
Beatles, The

All the tags in tag&rename are right all the albums have covers inserted into the id3 tag.

If i rename the artist in ejukebox then rebuild the database it converts back to the wrong one. I don't think i can do anything else i'm convinced it's a bug in ejukebox, please help?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-11-2004 at 05:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If you use eJukebox's editor to rename an Artist it will only Rename the songs that have the OldArtistName to the NewArtistName. So if you wanted them all to appear as "The Beatles" you would click the small Rename "R" button on a Song with the artist "Beatles", and on a song with the artist "Beatles, The". After making edits inside eJukebox you will need to refresh the artistlist, by changing the selectbox at the top of the artistlist - or clicking the X close button on the artist list and clicking the main "Artists" button to reopen it. You need to do the same to see the changes in the album list by clicking the "Refresh List" button. You also need to both after rebuilding or adding new songs to your music database while eJukebox is running to see the new/changed songs.

There is no way eJukebox can change the Artist Name from what is specified as the Artist in the ID3 tag when it imports the songs. So maybe you missed some songs in Tag&Rename...or forgot to refresh the artist list after doing the Update or the Rename Edits in eJukebox.

Jed

posted on 5-12-2004 at 02:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm 100% that the tags all say Beatles and ejukebox is reading them as The Beatles. Can i send you another e-mail to prove it and see if you can figure out what is going wrong?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-12-2004 at 02:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah...go ahead - just make sure the file you send is a beatles song that has a cover image and has "Beatles" in the ID3 tag and comes up "The Beatles" in eJukebox.

You are using eJukebox v3.80 right?

Jed

posted on 5-12-2004 at 02:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
E-Mail has been sent.
Message body was as follows.

O.K.
There are 3 tracks

Track 2 comes up as The Beatles (Wrong)
Track 3 comes up as Beatles (Right)
Track 4 comes up as Beatles, The (Wrong)

I can right click on the track in ejukebox select edit then clcik the r button and rename the tracks. Refresh the list and it looks fine. But when i do a rebuild it gets the wrong information again.
Please get back to me as soon as you know anything.
Jed

posted on 5-12-2004 at 04:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just wondering if you got that e-mail being 9meg i didn't know if it would get to your mail server?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-12-2004 at 04:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for emailing us the files...we finally know what is going wrong!

The 2 files that come up wrong have duplicate id3 tag fields (2 TPE1 fields for the Artist and 2 TALB fields for Album).

Some other program must have inserted the field into the tag again instead of replacing the value in the existing field.

The reason the correct Artist / Album showed up correctly in Winamp and Tag&Rename is because they always use the FIRST field found...while eJukebox cycles through all the fields and the last field ends up being used. Normally there should only be 1 field which is why this problem happened. As I said some other program must have inserted the duplicate fields...it is impossible for eJukebox to do this. Good thing is... we should be able to make eJukebox always use the first field - so you don't have to worry about this problem and all your album and artist name will get read correctly. I will post an updated eJukebox.exe with the fix in here for you to replace over your current exe in a little bit. The fix will also be included in all future versions of eJukebox.

Jed

posted on 5-12-2004 at 05:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sweet good job on finding the issue.
Where can i download the updated ejukebox.exe file?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-12-2004 at 05:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I will attach it to a post in here - in about 30 minutes.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-12-2004 at 05:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK Here it is....:D
Shutdown eJukebox and Save the attached file to C:\Program Files\eJukebox\ replacing the existing ejukebox.exe file. Run eJukebox...Rebuild your database and it should no longer grab old artist and album names. Let us know how it goes.

Attachment: ejukebox.exe (635kb)
This file has been downloaded 1073 times

Jed

posted on 5-12-2004 at 06:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks heaps for your persistence with me and this problem i was eager to get it fixed. I'm at work now but will test this update tonight and repost my results, thanks again.
Jed

posted on 5-12-2004 at 08:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Tested on my b folder and also on the goodies album i kept for testing, everything is 100% working. Good job Audiosoft!
stsirois

posted on 5-12-2004 at 03:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Thanks for emailing us the files...we finally know what is going wrong!

The 2 files that come up wrong have duplicate id3 tag fields (2 TPE1 fields for the Artist and 2 TALB fields for Album).

Some other program must have inserted the field into the tag again instead of replacing the value in the existing field.

The reason the correct Artist / Album showed up correctly in Winamp and Tag&Rename is because they always use the FIRST field found...while eJukebox cycles through all the fields and the last field ends up being used. Normally there should only be 1 field which is why this problem happened. As I said some other program must have inserted the duplicate fields...it is impossible for eJukebox to do this. Good thing is... we should be able to make eJukebox always use the first field - so you don't have to worry about this problem and all your album and artist name will get read correctly. I will post an updated eJukebox.exe with the fix in here for you to replace over your current exe in a little bit. The fix will also be included in all future versions of eJukebox.

Audiosoft, I'm concerned about this duplicate ID3 tag issue, not with regards to eJ, but more because I'm really anal about keeping my ID3 tags in perfect order. Which program did you use to show you that Jed's files had duplicate ID3 tags/fields?

Thanks,
Steve
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-12-2004 at 07:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Steve,

We had to analyze the internal contents of the files in a HEX editor to see the duplicate fields....you really don't need to worry about this problem occurring as the fields in Jeds files were in working order and not corrupted...some program just inserted a field frame again instead of replacing the old one....seems like most programs read/write to the first field found and ignore the duplicate field when one exists...which eJukebox now does as well.

stsirois

posted on 5-12-2004 at 09:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Excellent. Thanks for the info. I can rest easy now. Back to work on my HTPC eJ skin:D

Thanks,
Steve
Willum

posted on 5-29-2004 at 07:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi, I have the same problem here, can you send me that exe too ??

[Edit]Scuzi.. found it.. [/Edit]
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-29-2004 at 08:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The fix will also be included in v3.83 which will be out in a few days and every new version after that.

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats