Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: New Version?
sidartha

posted on 1-27-2004 at 05:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
New Version?

Is there any ETA on the release date of a new version?
Demnos

posted on 1-28-2004 at 10:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
In one of the threads from last week they mentioned to have a new version out by the end of this week...
Sloan

posted on 2-3-2004 at 07:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm.. any updates on this? Not trying to be a nag, just looking for an official word. ;)
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Sloan's Aim
ochristmas

posted on 2-6-2004 at 02:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
offical word! official word? haha I wouldnt count on that I have put a posting, then 3 ICU messages to Audiosoft about updates for e2web - as the company I work at was going to buy multiple licences - after 3 months - as I could give them no word on an update - I gave up - and so did the company going instead elsewhere. A real shame...
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-6-2004 at 10:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ochristmas....we replied to your email on Wednesday. We are having major problems with mydoom virus clogging our email server...we have been busy trying to get this resolved and thus v3.7's release has been delayed to 2/9/04.

Here is our response to your email:

Sorry for the late response. We have been having serious problems with the mydoom virus spam causing delays and saturation of our email server. Your registration code is: 80798460

RE: In the very near future I intend to bundle your software properly licensed. We intend to sell 3 units per week initially. What are the conditions as a distributor of your software?

You may ship your systems with the 30 day trial or licensed. The only time you would need to email us for a replacement code is after formatting the HD or re-installing windows. However, we are currently working on a new registration system that would work with the old system and allow you to obtain a single (non-changing) internet enabled registration code...so that emailing us after formatting will no longer necessary.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ochristmas

posted on 2-8-2004 at 09:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hmmm curious! Thanks for that Audiosoft but that wasnt my email!! My question was about e2web development....
Sloan

posted on 2-9-2004 at 09:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the update audiosoft, good luck with the viral spam - I'm still feeling it weeks after the virus peaked.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Sloan's Aim
cbsoundman

posted on 2-9-2004 at 10:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That virus was a nasty one. It was estimated that for a while 1 out of every 12 E-Mails traveling through the Internet was that virus. Luckily, all my customers got updates anti-virus software signatures and no one got infected. Good Luck, Audiosoft. (And anyone else fighting it.)
ochristmas

biggrin.gif posted on 2-10-2004 at 09:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wahey!

Nice new version! Still playing but looking good so far!!!!
Demnos

posted on 2-10-2004 at 02:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
But....from reading the description, I guess still no ratings displayed in 800x600, right? I can only try out the new version tomorrow...booohoooo:(:(:(
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-10-2004 at 03:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes Demnos, i think you will be disappointed tomorrow! There is nothing very spectacular in this new version :(:(:( booohoo too... Perhaps you could buy a new touch screen that support 1024x768 resolution instead...

Maybe Audiosoft wait the 4.0 version to amaze us again... I hope, but how long we must dream of that new home page so expected??? and for the playlist .dis file?? the songs preview?
junk

posted on 2-10-2004 at 06:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I did not know what to expect from this version, but a new Home Page view sounds like 4.0 material, so I didn't expect that at all... same about the Songs Preview suggestion, which i also think came too recently to be picked up by this version. The playlist .dis file would be a great thing, though. Allthough, if Audiosoft are planning a major redesign of eJ in version 4.0 they might wait until that release.

But one thing i did notice abou the 3.7 version was a speed increase when navigating in the album list / opening and closing the artist list.

The artist list has also gotten a background image, which certainly made things seem a whole lot smoother.

The thing i was hoping for, (along with all the other small suggestions of improvement ;)) was the speed increase when you type a letter with the Album List open, it is still too slow from A to Z, so to speak. A to B is fine. ;) But if you try to write "Coltrane" for instance, you are in for a long wait. (A friend of mine tried eJ for the first time yesterday, and tried this intuively).

I just made a new suggestion on this issue, you can read it here:
http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=653&page=1#pid3016
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Sloan

posted on 2-10-2004 at 06:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think it's important that we realize that it's important that these smaller bugs get ironed out in current updates before we go making the big jump to 4.0... :P
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-10-2004 at 07:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Progress Update

v3.7 was a maintenance release. Tons of bug fixes (way too many to mention on our homepage) including a urgent one to get 2WEB1's image web server's auto IP detection working again....plus a new progress indicator when eJukebox is starting up and an optional one when eJukebox is shutting down...and the database update now shows the song file name when it is being added to the database.

Goals:

1.) We are going to add the 5 star rating view in non-edv by the end of this month for sure. It is really just a matter of determining where to put an option to toggle this on and off.

2.) We are struggling to come up with a new look for eJukebox. This is consuming too much of our time...so this month we will be working to implement a skinning system. This system will allow you to drop new .dis files and images in the ejukebox/images/ folder then the skin will be accessible from the right click songlist or artistlist menu - or we may create a separate skin selector window. With the help of interested skin developers who post their own skins - we hope to get inspiration for v4.0's default skin.

3.) New homepage view is being developed this month.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sidartha

posted on 2-10-2004 at 07:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hurry! We can't wait.....
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-10-2004 at 07:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
1) Demnos, this is for you! :D, lucky ;)

2) Haa... skins are again in the hot seat! junk, prepare your graphics... :)

3) So, February will be a great month! :o

Thanks for your explanations Audiosoft.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-10-2004 at 07:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And also, do you still plan to add - soon? - a second column when there are more than 20 genres in the genre list?
Demnos

posted on 2-10-2004 at 11:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Pirk

Yes Yes Yes!!!!! Once this feature is in, I will shut up and never request anything again, then eJukebox is simpy *perfect* for me. Thank you, Audiosoft!
stsirois

posted on 2-11-2004 at 04:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Demnos
Quote:
Originally posted by Pirk

Yes Yes Yes!!!!! Once this feature is in, I will shut up and never request anything again, then eJukebox is simpy *perfect* for me. Thank you, Audiosoft!

Demnos isn't the only one waiting for this feature. I have to stay at 800x600 to display eJ on my 27" TV to keep eJ legible at all.

Can't wait for the new features, Audiosoft!

Steve
Rich

posted on 2-11-2004 at 05:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Skinning = Much Happiness, bring it on!

I hope that when a final "look" is selected, the feature to change skins will always be available, with users being able to upload / download skins from the audiosoft.net website.
Demnos

posted on 2-11-2004 at 07:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

Yes Demnos, i think you will be disappointed tomorrow!

Pirk, you bet! We're talking MAJOR disappointment here. Right from the start, I noticed that the old and annoying bug is still there that eJukebox "forgets" to play the first track of the first album I select.

But the big disappoinment came, when I saw that eJukebox still hangs up when I play any track with foreign charcacters. "Synchronizing" forever....

So, straight back to version 3.4 for me again. I now realize that when the star rating display comes, I won't be able to use it, unless I rename all my tracks to get rid of the foreign characters...

This is driving me nuts.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-12-2004 at 05:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Demnos
I noticed that the old and annoying bug is still there that eJukebox "forgets" to play the first track of the first album I select.

Yes, that's true, i also still experience the same annoying bug too... :(
Quote:

But the big disappoinment came, when I saw that eJukebox still hangs up when I play any track with foreign charcacters. "Synchronizing" forever....

I don't experience this one so often than you! I think it's just because the French language don't use any specific characters, only some accents on the letters which don't cause any problem in eJukebox. And i guess, all the more, that Audiosoft is in the same case... they probably haven't never experienced this bug!
You know, in programming as much as you don't have tested the things, FOR REAL, you can never be sure that will work... So, maybe you could email to Audiosoft some short extracts of songs with your foreign charcacters in the tags, in order they could test that, for real, if they want of course!!
Demnos

posted on 2-12-2004 at 06:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Pirk, but as a reaction to my message, Audiosoft pulled out my (old) original thread about this, and we are now discussing this again over in the "run-time errors" section. Audiosoft, if you read this: Thanks, I really appreciated that! So maybe there is a chance that they will find something.

But now I am suprised: You say "I don't experience this one so often than you". This means: You *have*, at least once, experienced this as well??? This would be important, as in the other thread it seemed like I was the only one having this problem.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-12-2004 at 07:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Demnos, YES sometimes i experience something a bit similar, but it's less serious than you. I have tested that once again with one song that cause the problem (please examine my screenshoot):
- First eJ play normally the song "Comme un papillon"
- When this song is finished winamp start to play the next song "L'île de Ré" BUT eJukebox doesn't bring up to date its "Now playing" panel, it stay on the previous song! The song "L'ïle de Ré" normally play in winamp but as eJukebox doesn't send the next song to winamp, it simply stop to play at the end of the song!
- If i click on the next button on eJ, it play again the same song "L'île de Ré"... I need to suppress this song of the eJ playlist in order to unfreeze eJukebox. Then even if eJ jump the normal next song, it resynchronize with winamp!

I think the problem with this song is because of the foreign character î (i + circumflex accent).

Pirk has attached this image:
eJ freeze.JPG - 146.92kb
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-12-2004 at 09:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

The problem you are experiencing happens when the previous song has the same track length as the current song. Because of this eJukebox does not recognize that a new song is being played. eJukebox recognizes a new song is being played after the current winamp track length changes.

The reason eJukebox uses the change of the track length to determine song changes is because it is a MUCH faster (and less processor and hard drive intensive) to check winamp's song length every 1 sec than to parse winamp's playlist for the songpath that often.

eJukebox can not get any song title or song tag info directly from Winamp...It first checks track length then, if it is different from the last song, it grabs the songpath and then matches that path to the matching song in eJukebox's database.

The odds of 2 songs being played back to back having the exact same song length are small but it has been known to happen (your screenshot shows it). We are trying to find another way to determine if the song has changed without relying on track length alone...I am not sure if we will be able to do this but I will keep you posted.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-12-2004 at 10:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah! so, it's because of the songs length... YES Audiosoft, the 2 songs have exactly the same length: 2.48 mn. Moreover (as you say now) you can see that on my screenshoot, in the winamp playlist!
So in my case that has nothing to do with foreign characters! Sorry Demnos, you stay alone with your problem... But as now you are helped by Audiosoft, i'm sure they will solve that soon. ;)
Otherwize Audiosoft, i am very surprised by the way you use to determine that the song as changed in winamp!! I would think there was something handy already planned to interact easily with winamp... But it seems that is not the case!
Thank you to take an interest in this problem. I hope you will find a solution.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-12-2004 at 10:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The problem is: The Winamp API (interaction interface) is very limited and only allows outside programs to do real-time (low CPU) checks on: play, pause, stop status - current song position in the winamp playlist - Track progress time - and Track length.

The only way to determine what the current song is by instructing Winamp to output its current playlist to a file...then eJukebox parses the small playlist file to get the current song's file path. From that point, eJukebox uses that path in conjunction with the eJukebox database to show the song info in eJukebox.

This all works very well and good as eJukebox only needs to grab the current song path once - after finding a track length change during its second by second real-time check of track length.

What we are probably going to do is add a once every 10 second backup check to see if the filepath changed when the track length has not. That way it will update the song display even when the last song had the same track length without needing to use allot of cpu and hd to parse out the file path every second but rather every 10 seconds. This way eJukebox corrects the display within 10 sec after the same track length problem occurs and does not effect performance.

Demnos

posted on 2-13-2004 at 07:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

The only way to determine what the current song is by instructing Winamp to output its current playlist to a file...then eJukebox parses the small playlist file to get the current song's file path. From that point, eJukebox uses that path in conjunction with the eJukebox database to show the song info in eJukebox.

Aha. So I guess this is what is happening in the "Synchronizing" phase, right?

So then maybe for "my" problem, since this is where it hangs, it would make sense to have a look at the "small playlist file" to see what Winamp has written there? Which one is it?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-13-2004 at 08:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It outputs the current winamp playlist to: "winampfolder/winamp.m3u". Then eJukebox grabs the filepath line, for the current song, from inside that file.

Demnos

posted on 2-13-2004 at 08:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK, I will play with this. I just had a new theory: As I am getting all my MP3 files over a WLAN Network, which is really just a SHARE on my Win 2000 main PC, ...maybe the path names with foreign characters are not resolved in the way they are supposed to be? That could explain why not everyone with foreign songs here in this forum has this problem! Let's see if I find something in these files...
 Pages:  1  2
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats