Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Playlist with wheels
Fishy

posted on 11-25-2003 at 02:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Playlist with wheels

Just wondering if there is any news on this? :) It Would be lovely to scroll the playlist with the mousewheel. Maybe one even could drop the "page flip system" in it and give the playlist a little scrollbar instead?

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 11-25-2003 at 10:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Fishy
Maybe one even could drop the "page flip system" in it and give the playlist a little scrollbar instead?

I would not be against a scroll bar...

I would love if the eJukebox playlist could be like the Winamp playlist: multiple selection to move or delete several titles together. Even if the "delete artist" option is already very handy.
Fishy

posted on 11-25-2003 at 04:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the support on this Pirk :)

Don't know, but a scrollbar sollution (with wheel support) seems kindof more handy than having to go all the way down to the flip buttons.

I have seen several people get confused when they use the playlist of ej. And most reacts negativly having to click those buttons, as opposed to scrolling with the wheel or a scrollbar.

Also I often find the playlistview too small.

A small button that could maximise the playlist to take up all of the "now playing panel" space could do the trick? Or maybe it could get maximized, and set back to normal view by dobbelclicking the "up next bar". Hmmm... or would this be too confusing?

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 11-25-2003 at 08:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Fishy
Also I often find the playlistview too small.

Yes i agree, songs are a bit cramped in the current playlist!
But i don't know where the playlist could be outstretched without harm to the other panels? Over the now playing panel, ow! maybe it's a bit delicate...

The thing is currently there also isn't enough WIDTH for the playlist. And unfortenately i think if there was a scroll bar, things could get worse... Maybe even it's the original reason of the page buttons! Only, the result is not so fine...

On the other hand, i still support the idea of the playlist be displayed in the songlist area. At least here there is room!! :)
Fishy

posted on 11-25-2003 at 09:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That's true. Hopefully we will see a 1280 mode soon... hmm.. having the playlist in the songlist view. There is more room in there that's true. Sometimes I wish that ej supported horizontal and vertical resizing.... Maybe if I close my eyes and wish really hard ..... :)

-----------
Fishy
Fishy

posted on 11-25-2003 at 09:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi! That's true. Hopefully we will see a 1280 mode soon. Having the playlist in the songlist view you say. Interesting alternative, and it actually is more room in there. Then the "now playing panel" could be filled with other goodies as well.. hmm.. but sometimes I wish that ej supported horizontal and vertical resizing.... Maybe if I close my eyes and wish really hard ..... :)

-----------
Fishy
stsirois

posted on 11-26-2003 at 01:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here's a post I created that discusses the idea of putting the current playlist into the Main Song List view:

http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=445

Much more real estate on that side of the screen to view important stats about the songs in your current playlist. I think this would be a very cool feature.

Thanks,
Steve
Fishy

posted on 11-29-2003 at 09:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes you are right. hmm.. I really like this idea about an option to put the playlist in the songlist view. I hope they do something about the current playlist. In it's current state I find it too small and cluttered.

-----------
Fishy
Corrosion

posted on 12-5-2003 at 10:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Can't move songs very well

You know with the current playlist, it's a problem if there's already 50 songs in your playlist and you want to add one right after the one that's playing right now, because you cannot drag a song from a page to the next.. So a scrollbar in the playlist view would be nice and as people have said before, a dynamic playlist in the songlist view would be PERFECT
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 12-6-2003 at 11:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Corrosion,
There is already a way to insert a song right after the one that's playing - but it's a bit hidden: You can do a LEFT click on the NUMBER of the song you want to move! Then you have a menu to move the song to top, up, down or bottom.

Furthermore i think that would be great if Audiosoft could add a way to move an Album or Artist, maybe adding a "Move Album" and "Move Artist" submenu to the current right click menu?
Fishy

posted on 12-7-2003 at 12:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I would not be against a submenu option to do things. But it should be developed in addition to, not instead of, a drag and drop sollution of doing things. It's from my point of view a minus that ej doesn't support drag and drop of albums and artists directly to the playlist.

Also the drag and drop system in the current playlist doesn't work as well as it should, as pointed out earlier in the thread. A bigger playlist, or a scrollbar might make this work a little better.

It would also be nice if it was possible to choose several tunes by pushing ctrl or shift and move these around with ease. Like Pirk suggested earlier.

To sum things up it seems like the general consensus lies in the term: "make the ej playlist work a little more like the winamp one". At least one could "steal" a lot of good ideas and sollutions from it.

This is just my personal option and you are welcome to disagree with me of course :)

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 12-7-2003 at 12:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, concerning the playlist, that's sure, Winamp is superior to eJukebox!!
The Winamp playlist is so handy: multiple selection, drag and drop, scroll bar, free size...
Like you say Fishy, it should be taken as a model...

The only benefit of the eJukebox playlist is it can display the image of the next song, well... before they remove this ability! :( But normally we should have a come back of this great feature! Eh Audiosoft? :) [Sorry, i know it's planned... but i am in a hurry!]
Another good point is, when you have a group of several songs of the same artist, the artist name is only displayed once. I like that too! And even i would love the ALBUM name be also displayed once! :o

So we have already 2 good points...:D But for the rest... things would require to be improved!
Fishy

posted on 12-7-2003 at 01:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi, Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah! Of course there are positive things to say about the playlist. Sorry, If I have implied something else. However some of the functions mentioned in this thread would give ej a more dynamic and streamlined feeling.

I would not like to have a free floating playlist like the one in winamp however. So if one takes ideas from the winamp playlist, one should also keep the integration of components in the gui in mind..

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 12-7-2003 at 02:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi, thank you too!

Currently i feel there is a little relaxation of users in the Audiosoft forums...:P Not many post: maybe users feel eJukebox is already almost perfect!
Me, i still wait for the next version with the same impatience, still hopping many improvements! ;)
Fishy

posted on 12-7-2003 at 03:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Maybe people got other things to think about. Christmas enclosing and such. But we're still going strong. Nothing can stop my hunger after new features. And the beast must get fed :D

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 12-7-2003 at 10:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Oh yes... i hope Audiosoft prepare a big gift-wrapped parcel for us their regular customers! :D;)
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats