Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: bugs in new version
rangur

posted on 10-30-2003 at 10:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
bugs in new version

i installed version 3.53, and now ejukebox gets stuck whenever I try to do almost anything (add new songs, check for new version, pressing the "Artists" button, etc). I have to wait about 5 minutes for these operations to complete, and sometimes I just have to quit the program via the task manager. The only operation which seems to work fine is entering into the albums page. Needles to say this didn't happen in previos versions.

Also, whenever I start the program, the playlist is empty (no Next Song), and it says that it has -1 songs in it.

What can I do to fix it? Can I somehow get back to the previous version?
rangur

posted on 10-30-2003 at 10:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
BTW, while the program is stuck, the songs keep on playing. Only the GUI is not responding.
IBMuser

posted on 11-9-2003 at 07:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Same problem here!

Latest version is virtually unusable. 3.5 was OK. Hopefully next version comes soon!
IBMuser

posted on 11-19-2003 at 07:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Unfortunately 3.60 still not responding

Unfortunately 3.6 didn't do much difference. eJukebox still hangs very easily (processor meter goes 100 % utilization and eJukebox doesn't respond). Only albums-list seem to work properly.

Am I and Rangur the only ones who experience this behaviour? I had similar problems with some early 2.x versions, but recently all versions up to 3.50 were fine.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-19-2003 at 10:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmmm.. how big is your "C:\Program Files\eJukebox\ejuke.asn" file?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MrRaoul

sad.gif posted on 11-20-2003 at 01:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
not working

This program is not working well at all since the last upgrade. One song plays and then it stops but the pause symbol is displayed like it is playing. The only way to restart it is to select a new song to play imediately and then it hangs after it is finished. Its unusable for now.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-20-2003 at 02:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Everyone make sure you are using Classic Winamp 2.91 and NOT Winamp3 with eJukebox.

Classic Winamp Download: http://classic.winamp.com/download/

Also if you are using any Winamp Visualization Plugins make sure your set the plugin priority to less than NORMAL so that eJukebox gets to use the CPU over the plugin.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
IBMuser

posted on 11-20-2003 at 04:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Size of ejuke.asn is 105,689,088 bytes. I'm using Winamp 2.81 and Windows 2000, 384 k RAM. I don't think problem lies in Winamp, however, since Albums list works correctly and problems start only after I change tabs. Switching to Artists page stucks the software every time - their names don't appear at all. Music continues to play normally, however.

I assume eJukebox is using Microsoft database engine? Does it install all the necessary dll's etc. by itself, or does it expect to find critical files already installed? Could this be the source for this erroneus behaviour?

I'd like to downgrade back to 3.50, but I guess there is no longer 3.50 full version available. I'm also afraid of losing my registration key during the process.
junk

posted on 11-21-2003 at 07:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
100 mb sounds too large, unless you have 40 000 songs / 3000 albums or so.... do you?

If you are nowhere near these figures, follow this procedure: http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=332
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-21-2003 at 08:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The ejuke.asn file gets compressed when you exit eJukebox (except when exited via a windows shutdown)...thus the file size should be checked after eJukebox has fully exited and not while it is running.

Quote:

assume eJukebox is using Microsoft database engine? Does it install all the necessary dll's etc. by itself, or does it expect to find critical files already installed? Could this be the source for this erroneus behaviour?

You may want to try installing Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 (SP8) for Windows 2000 and seeing if it fixes the problem for you.

Also you may want to download Winamp 2.91 from: http://classic.winamp.com/download

Brandir

posted on 11-21-2003 at 08:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
The ejuke.asn file gets compressed when you exit eJukebox...

Er... always curios, I checked this, and... no, the ejuke.asn always stay the same filesize, with EJ opened or closed.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-22-2003 at 04:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah but you forgot to mention the size of the file. The file should be compressed on exiting and because of this always remain rather small even when in use, except on machines running Win98 (which doesn't support the compression).

IBMuser

posted on 11-24-2003 at 03:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I (finally) found it!

I tried everything...

I installed Jet SP8, no effect.

I downloaded dummy version of ejuke.asn and rebuilt my database - size shrunk to around 10 MB, but the problem persisted.

I upgraded Winamp to 2.91, didn't help at all.

I tried installing full version of eJukebox instead of an upgrade - still nothing.

I created new set of mp3 files and created my databse from scratch - nope.

I installed eJukebox on my second computer (1 GB Ram, Pentium 4 3.06 GHz, Windows XP)... no, still stucks every time I switch away from Albums view.

At that point I was getting quite desperate. Why did I have this problem, but nobody else didn't?

I could think only one more thing, which was probably different on my machines: country. I changed W2K Regional options from my own country to English (United States) AND BINGO! That was it!

For some strange reason eJukebox v. 3.53-3.60 cannot cope with non-US type dates or collating (sorting) order or whatever is included in these settings. I've never seen this kind of behaviour before - but now that the cause is known, it should be easy to fix?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-24-2003 at 10:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Glad you figured this out. What Regional Settings where you using before? It must be a problem with "some" regional settings - not all non-English settings because we have users from other countries that do not have this problem.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-25-2003 at 10:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox does seem to lockup (after the top buttons are clicked) under some non-English regional settings. We are working on figuring out how to fix this problem.

The odd thing is if you use the F5-F11 shorcut keys that are mapped to the top menu buttons (for example F6 key to load the artist list); those keys do work even with these non-Enlish settings. It only seems to lock up after you actually click the top buttons with the mouse - not when their assigned functions are executed. Hopefully this will be able to be fixed without requiring users to switch their regional settings. We are working on it.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-25-2003 at 12:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Happy to report that we have isolated the freezing bug to the code used to redraw the top main buttons (and the artist list X and > buttons) themselves.

It seems that the windows regional settings effect the windows display property: Ambient.DisplayAsDefault. The unexpected changing of this value by some regional settings is what was causing eJukebox to freeze. It turns out it had nothing to do with the database number/date formats.

The reason this bug did not effect previous versions is because in v3.6 we switched the style of the buttons. The code used to draw the new style contained the bug.

This bug has been fixed for all regional settings in the next version which follows v3.6. :D

jogi

thumbup.gif posted on 11-25-2003 at 01:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
change region win 98

Have massive Probs with 3.6
hang up...no memory.....:mad:
since change from Germany Region
to US Central Region no Probs :D:cool::P
Work Fine
rangur

posted on 11-27-2003 at 08:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I was the one that started this thread, but until now I couldn't find the time to look in it again. The problem also continued in v3.6, but since I'm almost certain that I'm running a non-english regional settings, I'll change it first thing when I'll come back home today.
Hopefully it will also work for me...

Thank you for solving this problem.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats