radicus

sad.gif posted on 8-30-2003 at 09:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft: Updating DB hangs on loading ID3 info

This happens in several of my folders with
certain files. I try to update the database
but it just hangs on loading info, it would
be nice to see which file it is loading and
causing the hang. It is now impossible to
rebuild the database because of this problem and I do not know which file(s)
are causing the hangup.

Maybe a log file or a checkmark to skip
bad files or even one to skip loading ID3
album pictures?

This has occurred in all of the 3. versions.

Thanks!
junk

posted on 8-31-2003 at 11:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've had this problem myself, and variations of it. In the final stages, rebuilding my eJukebox database took 18 hours, and it used 100% of my CPU power.

Aided by Pirk, i deleted the db.m3u file, and replaced my existing ejuke.asn file (which was HUGE... 4-500 mb, i believe), with this empty .asn file from a fresh install, included). After that, rebuilding took 20 minutes, and my current .asn file is 44 mb.

The ejuke.asn file resides in the root folder of eJukebox (it is hidden).

You can read more about my problem and the operation <here.>

And here you can download the fresh ejuke.asn file (the same that is created after you install eJ for the first time):

Attachment: ejuke.asn (184kb)
This file has been downloaded 2328 times

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Fishy

posted on 2-3-2004 at 02:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This thread should probably be made sticky.. It happens regulary that someone need a new asn file for ej..

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-1-2004 at 05:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I believe this orignal problem was fixed a long time ago with the addition of the database compacting / database optimization on shutdown feature. So the ejuke.asn database file should be made as small as possible on Win2K and WinXP.

In eJukebox v3.83, we have made it so the ejuke.asn is replaced with the default asn file when unfixable corruption is detected. That way you won't need to reinstall or download the default asn file. When this happens you will instead get a message that says:
-
Database Could Not be Repaired
Please Restart eJukebox and Rebuild Your Music Database
If You receive this same error after restarting follow the 'Click Here if eJukebox doesn't work after installation' instructions on:
http://audiosoft.net/download.htm
-
The backup of the default database will be stored as "defaultasn.bac" in the eJukebox folder. So you will always have a backup available there if you want to copy, paste and rename it to ejuke.asn to get a totally clean database file to build with.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
junk

posted on 6-1-2004 at 10:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good thing that you've included the asn file, but the problem with the database doubling its size for each rebuild still exists; i reproduced the situation just minutes ago to be sure. Not sure if you remember, but me and Pirk suggested a long time ago that the problem only happens to those of us with id3tag images in their mp3's, inserted by external programs. All my mp3's have their images encoded in to them, so does Pirk and Fishy, and i am quite sure they experience the same problem. Due to this, i always follow the "delete .asn and .m3u file, copy fresh .asn and add all my mp3's from scratch" procedure each time i have to rebuild.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-1-2004 at 11:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
the problem with the database doubling its size for each rebuild still exists; i reproduced the situation just minutes ago to be sure

Concerning to me, i'm not sure if the problem still exist or not?
The comparison must only be done AFTER you have closed eJukebox and it has finished its compression work...
But like you i've kept the habit to replace the asn file to be sure that will works!
junk

posted on 6-1-2004 at 03:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hm, you might be right, as i didn't wait long enough before i checked earlier on... it was originally 20 mb, when i first checked, it was 100 mb (with eJ running), and now, after the rebuild, the .asn file is now only 10 mb. :)

Seems like it's time to start using the rebuild function again, for the first time since a year ago... :)
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-1-2004 at 05:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes i think maybe now that would be worth to try again to rebuild instead of bluntly replace the database file... :)
Even if the rebuild feature had already taught us severe lessons in the past! I hope that now we can really rely on it... Because, as a rebuild take a long time, i would not that end up by a swelled database! ;)
lewisjsuk

posted on 11-20-2005 at 02:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox 3.991 hangs on reading mp3 info

Hi,

I decided yesterday to re-install eJukebox as I haven't had it working sine my machine crashed

some time ago. I downloaded the latest version eJukebox 3.991 and on install I pointed it at my

music directory, which it went off and searched for some time, finding 3340+ tracks, it then began reading the mp3/id3 info which took ages and finally hung when it reached track 3118. I made a note of the problematic track, but wasn't entirely sure if it was that track or 3119 whose title hadn't actually appeared yet. Anyway I checked out file 3118's id3 tag, but found nothing untoward, nevertheless I moved the file out of the directory tree, so that it wouldn't be detected. I then blew away the ejuke.asn file and deleted the contents of the db.m3u file and tried rebuilding the database, same thing happened, this time at file 3117. I then removed all the files in that album and repeated the process including replacing the files in the ejukebox program folder. Same thing with another file, so removed that album, repeated the process again and again, same result, but eventually it hung on a file which I had previously seen imported on a few occasions.

This is obvoiously a major bug and so far I haven't once got the database to build entirely! Anybody got any thoughts? Audiosoft, do you have a fix for this problem, it seems like it's been hanging around for at least a couple of years?

Thanks and regards

Jamie Lewis
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats