Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Album covers wrong
Dyno Don

posted on 12-30-2009 at 01:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Album covers wrong

I have about 2000 mps that are the very favorites of my group. I spent a lot of time with MP3Tag and Tag and Rename, etc to get the tags perfect. Every one is right. But eJ is having a tough time. It sees most of them ok, but some are way off. For example. BAND 1 is playing Song 1. The ej window shows the cover as BAND2 but the song title is still right, SONG1. If I click on the wrong cover it takes me to the artist (BAND1) that is playing, but ALL the covers for that band are all the wrong one. Editing in ej shows the wrong cover too, both sizes, but winamp has the cover right. Every time winamp can display the "album art" corectly, but ej gets it wrong. I have cleared my internet cache and done a fresh install. Some are ok, maybe more than half, but the ones it gets wrong is maddening. Santana has a pic of Frank Zappa from "apostrophe", etc.
My Tags ARE correct, what am I doing wrong with ej?
Win xp pro. Nothing else on the machine but a few codec packs for the videos.
NO cover.jpgs, all are in the tags. Does it matter that some of the MPS have a blank Album TITLE? The imbedded pic is right, but some are without a album title.
Quick On-Topic question: Does ej read ID3v1 or ID3v2 tags?

Thanks, Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-30-2009 at 07:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Both ID3v1 and ID3v2
I believe if you disable unicode in tag and rename it might make the art readable.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dyno Don

posted on 1-11-2010 at 12:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I fixed the covers. I thought I would share how, in case someone has the same problem.

The image seems to be cached. By wiping out the install directory, deleting the internet cache and fresh installing, all showed up ok. You have to do it all at once.

Don
Dyno Don

posted on 3-22-2010 at 02:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Missing Covers FIX part 2

I recently rebuilt a ej for a friend using win 7. It worked fine, but he caught a nasty virus and we had to rebuild it again. This time though the covers would not show. We had to jump through hoops of rebooting, clearing cache, etc. It would show them for a while, then we would add some tunes, those had no covers either (they showed a blank box with a red X in the corner.) When trying to fix those new ones, we would eventually lose them all. Very frustrating.
But it is solved. I am documeting it here for all to see in case it happens to you.
UAC. User Account Control. Since Vista I always defeated it as part of a build. But on this second rebuild I left it on by request, the user wanted a safety net from new viruses. That was the problem. With Win 7's UAC set to default (second of three steps), covers won't show. Turn it off, they come back.
This may be documented elsewhere here, but just in case, here it is. This was tested on three different machines with the same result.

Audiosoft, I tried running "As Administrator", with UAC at default, and ej crashes at "loading album list", every time. A long time at "load interface" and then a crash. With UAC off all is well. Many non-techies may have it at default and experience this problem, thus lessening the appeal of the ej. If they can't get covers to show after a few attempts, they give up. And lose having a fine running ej. Or any ej at all!

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-22-2010 at 10:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Don,

I am going to post a new exe in a few minutes that should keep the album image cache regardless of UAC setting. Please test it out and let me know how it goes.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dyno Don

posted on 3-22-2010 at 10:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Will do. I am playing with it now. ;)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-22-2010 at 11:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok here it is..
This should totally fix the missing cover image cache problem on Vista and Windows7.
It will re-cache all your images pulling them from your database on the fly (as the images are needed) so you will Not need to rebuild. it will need to recreate the artist list and album list so it may be a little slower the first time. after that it will be fast and all the cached cover images should stay put!

Note the download has been moved to Latest Updates HERE

also this fixes the Video Position dialog and possibly your next song issue. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Dyno Don

posted on 3-23-2010 at 01:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sadly it did not fix the covers but it did fix the positioning problem.

I did overlay the new .exe. Windows saw it as different and asked. So I am sure I am using it. The problem is the same.
I tried testing at all three lower UAC settings. If it is above the very bottom with either .exe there are blank covers, at the very bottom covers come back, I don't even have to rebuild, they just show up, although rebuilding makes sure to get them all as there are a few straglers who stlil have blanks, but a rebuild with the setting at the bottom returns all covers.

Sorry, and thanks.

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-23-2010 at 01:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ok thanks Don! i think i got this solved now...
Please try this new exe with UAC on and let me know.

Dyno Don

posted on 3-23-2010 at 03:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not yet. Same results, maybe a bit worse.
Not only are the covers missing, but it thinks none of the tunes are in the library. After a fresh build, you click on any artist and they have no songs. So even though I added 2000 songs I can't play any.

Turning UAC to lowest level (and rebooting, you always have to reboot after changing it) brought the covers back. Also the new problem went away too. Newest exe (dated 7:19 tonight) too.

Sorry x2

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-23-2010 at 03:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hmm can you check if the auto cover lookup is able to find anything using the editor on win7?

Dyno Don

posted on 3-23-2010 at 03:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
With UAC at default, and using the 5.06 exe, no covers show. I picked one song, had the editor look it up. It did get it, and the cover took. I went to another song and then played the first one again. The cover is there. The only one.

Don
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats