Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: FlatPanel eJukebox TouchScreen Product Line Preview
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-10-2003 at 01:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
FlatPanel eJukebox TouchScreen Product Line Preview

We are excited to announce our first hardware product line! Flat panel eJukebox touchscreen systems complete with CPU/RAM/HD/Internet!

http://www.audiosoft.net/eJukeboxTouch/15black.jpg
Black 15" eJukeboxTouch System

http://www.audiosoft.net/eJukeboxTouch/xga-tablet.jpg
eJukeboxTouch Tablet

http://www.audiosoft.net/eJukeboxTouch/15clear.jpg
Clear/Customizable 15"/18" eJukeboxTouch System

Each one of these excellent systems is only a few inches thick and includes between a 1GHz-2GHz class CPU, 128-512MB RAM, 30-60GB+ Hard Drives. Clear Models also include integrated DVD/CD Rom Drives. Each with an excellet quality XGA Flat Panel touchscreen. Integrated ethernet. 802.11b Wireless access on the Tablet System...All Standard. Windows and eJukebox come pre-installed!

Internal hardware customization will be available as well Customize Design inserts and/or spray painting of the borders of the Clear Panel Systems.

Full details and system specs will be available on the Audiosoft.Net web site soon. All models are available for purchase now with the highest priced model being only $1999.00 USD. Email sales@audiosoft.net if you are interested in purchasing one of the models.

More models coming soon.

Please feel free to post any comments / questions you have on the new eJukebox Touch Screen systems here.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Blaze

posted on 6-10-2003 at 11:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Beautiful!!! And affordable.
I hope you have succes selling them. You surdenly deserve it :D
Demnos

posted on 6-11-2003 at 11:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
For me the most important question on these systems is: How noisy are they? 1-2GHZ CPU means active cooling, and the power supply is most likely also actively cooled, so I wonder if such a system could make it into the living room without spoiling the music listening experience?

Since the concept of this HW is based on the fact that it will be almost exclusively used with eJukebox (i.e. it is not primarily intended as an office PC), would it not have been better to build a system around completely noiseless components?
bosh

posted on 6-11-2003 at 12:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Like Demnos, I am also annoyed by the amount of noise from a HTPC. Currently I have an old dell P3 400 running eJukebox next to my stereo, but it's noisy. Power supply fan, case fan, cpu fan - it's all very distracting. Right now I'm looking at building a mini-itx system around the VIA EPIA-5000 ITX motherboard w/ a VIA Eden ESP 5000 processor (500MHz Processor) (http://www.lillicomputers.net/product.asp?pf_id=EPIA%2D5000). I've read this is a fine processor for mp3 playback, but I'm concerned about how it will handle eJukebox. However, the board doesn't require any active cooling. And the case I'm looking at (http://www.lillicomputers.net/product.asp?pf_id=CS%2D2699R&dept_id=16) would run off a 55watt power brick, so no noise there either. The only cooling might be a pair of 4mm low revolution fans providing some air flow for the hard disk.

The whole setup will cost me around $200, and I'll recycle my old memory/hard disk. Seems like a reasonable cost, but I'm worried about how eJukebox will perform, like I mentioned earlier, on this processor. If any one is running one of these, I'd be interested to hear their thoughts.

As for my thoughts to Audiosoft - these are definitely very nice looking systems. Maybe you have already considered the noise level, and it's minimal. At any rate, they are slightly out of my price range at the moment. :(
Demnos

posted on 6-11-2003 at 04:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
bosh, you should really look into the performance of the VIA before shelling out $200. My own fanless setup is currently based on an Intel Celeron 566, but before this was possible I had to use a Celeron 366 for a long time and I can tell you that the performance of that system was not sufficient, at least for the combination eJukebox+Winamp 2+WLAN via USB+USB Soundcard. I had severe dropouts. I heard that the VIA Chip, even though it runs at 500MHz is actually comparable to a Celeron 366 in performance. Maybe if you don't use USB audio it is not so bad, as 33% of my CPU load was consumed only by moving audio data onto the USB port.
bosh

posted on 6-11-2003 at 05:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Demnos, the board has already arrived, so there is not turning back. I plan on using the onboard SPDIF jack to output audio to my receiver, and I'll also be using a wired LAN connection. Hopefully by not using the USB bus the processor won't be as busy. I'm going to drop 256mb RAM on the board, and see how it performs. I'll post the results once it's up and running.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-11-2003 at 06:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Currently the only noise on the clear and black systems is a low hiss from the power supply fan. The white Tablet system is totally silent. Also, we are currently working to further reduce any noise generated by the power supply fan on the clear systems, so that they too will be almost completely silent during operation, when the first one ships. All the systems make noise while they power up and then become very quiet.

Also the default CPU for the clear systems is a 800Mhz VIA chip. I can't speak to the 500Mhz VIA's speed but I have to say the 800Mhz chip runs eJukebox extremely well. Here are some specs for the standard 15" clear system.

15” super-bright (260 NIT) TFT LCD touch display, Via 800MHz CPU, 256Mb Ram, DVD-CDRW, 60Gig HDD, 16 bit stereo, 10/100 LAN, 2 USB ports, 1 serial port. Price $1695.00

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Demnos

posted on 6-12-2003 at 08:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sounds very good indeed and the price (although such systems are obviously always expensive) is fair considering what you get. All 3 products look very exciting!
junk

posted on 6-12-2003 at 04:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I agree! The products look stunning! Great work, had no idea you were working on this product. But I wonder, how are you going to market this? How big are you thinking? :)
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
cbsoundman

posted on 6-12-2003 at 06:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You know, there may be a great market for a club or bar to replace their existing CD based jukebox system or for a new bar or club that needs a jukebox. You could certainly sell them on the fact that it is primarily a solid state device, unlike a normal jukebox so, there is less maintenance. (I realize you still have moving parts but, the fact that the CD-ROM is not used as much and the fact that the hard drive would be sealed, helps the longivity.)

I don't know if there has to be any sort of license purchase for the MP3s that are used, similar to buying a CD and placing it in a jukebox. I would imagine the purchase of the MP3 through a web site like MP3.com might be sufficiant or purchasing the CD and ripping it to MP3s might work. I don't know where the copyright law fight is over changing formats of purchased media. I know you can make a backup of the same type.

I do live music in a lot of bars and with the CD Ripping option, a band could bring in their CD and rip it to the E-Jukebox and have it there. I just wonder how you would import the CD Image because a lot of them are not on the web site where I see E-Jukebox obtaining its images. I guess the band could save the image on a separate data CD or use a USB drive or a smart recording engineer would add it to the CD as a data track.
lucky-7

cool.gif posted on 6-13-2003 at 05:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
beauty...

Those are some wicked setups... sucks being a poor student :)

My local bar uses mp3 jukeboxes, with a software way uglier than Ejukebox (especially when the new look comes round, which is underway from what I've heard :) ) They just took out all the CD from their old jukebox and slapped em into a junky old computer behind the bar and setup a touchscreen on the wall... I know he has the CDs to most of the stuff on there, but he also brings in a burn once in a while just to keep songs up to date then buys the album later on as opposed to wasting his money on singles...

in case anyone cared...

Don't sh1t where you eat
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
bosh

posted on 6-13-2003 at 01:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Demnos - My 500mHz Via system is up and running (the only noise is the hard disk spinning), and I finally was able to get the eJukebox trial version to run (it kept stating I had reset my clock.) The database build was slightly slower than my old p3 system, but everything else seems to go very smoothly. And, the digital SPDIF jack on the board delivers a really clean audio signal to my receiver, much better than the Sound Blaster PCI I was using previously. All and all I am very impressed with this system. I don't think your comparison of it to a Celeron 366 was at all fair.
jojo

smile.gif posted on 9-25-2003 at 05:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
New flat panels :)

These are really sweet ! I'm in the process of trying to set up a coffee shop locally, and wanted to do a media system. I found E-jukebox last week and have fallen in love with it. This is perfcect for what I was looking for.

Is there an idea on price for the black unit, yet? I'd be interested in a quality sound card, sending to a good receiver/sound system, and not sure I care how much HD it has, since most of the files would probally be on another hard drive, away from the public, at least I'm thinking. Be easier to maintain and update without taking the media system down.

Keep up the great work on E-jukebox
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
Anonymous
Unregistered

posted on 11-4-2003 at 07:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi,

I've owned eJuke for about 18 months and built myself a system similar to these about a year ago.

15' LCD, MagicTouch screen cover (heavily modified to get the touch sensitive membrane directly onto the LCD matrix for maximum accuracy).

The case is stored in a seperate room with extended long VGA leads and a cordless mouse/kb for emergencies. So it runs silent (well as silent as the LCD screen anyway).

The hardware cost me a total of about 1K so its considerably cheaper than whats on offer here.

BUT :(

It is NOT the perfect Jukebox i dreamed it would be when i started building it. Dont get me wrong its not bad, its just not perfect.

My Database has around 10,000 songs on it, and the GUI of eJukebox is quite fiddly when using the touch screen. Its fine when selecting songs from the top 10 lists and stuff, but when scrolling the software is a nightmare to use. The standard List box type interface is not really ideal for a touch sensitive. Its too small, too fiddle, and sometimes i revert to mouse operations because it gets sooo frustration when trying to find an artist out of of the 3000 i have.

The software needs VERY careful consideration when aiming at a pure touch screen interface. Navigating and finding things needs to be redesigened with large touchable buttons, not list box scroll bars.

If the software has already been redesigned then GREAT. Hopefully I'll be able to download the "Touch Screen" version of eJukebox and my dream will be complete.

Hope this critisim is seen as construcive.

Steve.
aaronND2000

posted on 12-12-2003 at 01:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'd like to see something the size of the tablet screen but with a wireless WiFi connection for the PC. I already have a CPU as a dedicated MPs server, but having a wireless touchscreen monitor to place whever I wanted in my living room would be ideal.
pathomas

sad.gif posted on 6-1-2004 at 04:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What about the DB growth issue?

From what I can see this could be a problem for a kiosk system. The database needs to be optimized automaticly.
http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=332
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member pathomas's Aim pathomas's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-1-2004 at 05:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: DB growth issue?
eJukebox's database is automatically compacted and optimized when you shutdown the machine so that is no longer a problem.
Also we have made some changes to eJukebox v3.83 so that if somehow database corruption occurs you will no longer need to reinstall eJukebox - you will just need to rebuild the music database - which will protect kiosk systems from ever needing to re-download eJukebox.

Martin

posted on 6-22-2004 at 07:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Patient Law

What about international patient on MP3 jukebox ?
Fishy

posted on 6-22-2004 at 09:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah what about it? I don't think there is such a thing. How could it be? It would mean having an international patient for all computers having mp3's on them in world. In the principle all of these can be defined as "jukeboxes".

It would follow the same logic as trying to have an international patient on the human genome. I don't think the humanity is ready to do something that stupid, yet :)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
junk

posted on 6-22-2004 at 09:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I wish i shared your optimism, Fishy... a company called Biocyte already owns the patent on all blood cells from the umbilical cord of a newborn child. Another, Systemix (I am not kidding, it's not an Asterix character), recieved the patent for all human bone marrow stem cells, in the late nineties, and was bought right away by the Swiss company Novartis because of this patent.

As you may remember from our own jukebox-building, we also heard a lot of people saying that we ought to patent this. But no matter how much i detest the concept of claiming ownership of what should be free for all, for jukeboxes as well as humans, ;P it's hard to ignore the fact that as long as there is money and power in the game, there's always a few laws that can be bent to allow patenting of what we previously considered hilarious to even consider.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Fishy

posted on 6-22-2004 at 09:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm sure that these (private firms?) got actual patents? Or if they just got the rights to do medical experiments with these genes? If they got actual patents it's just plain crazy..

Yes I guess there are many people in the legal system that are working patients for the craziest things. Just so someone over them in the system can make even more money. It makes me very sad, and I would hate to contribute to that trend. Even in the smallest context.. I respect that people take patients on their intellectual property, but it should be *their* intellectual property to begin with.. Not something one can find everywhere in nature and among people to begin with. For example genes and mp3's ;)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
rlailey

posted on 12-12-2006 at 12:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Publicity

If I owned a public venue then I'd buy one of these products because, like everyone else on this forum, we've done the rounds and looked at everything else available and concluded that eJ is the one that works - let's not pretend we haven't.

However, being a businessman myself I can't help feeling that if this isn't heavily marketed, then the MS Media Player "designed wrong from the start" incarnation may win the day if they truly scrap their code and redesign from base. This puts eJ hw/sw combination products in a vulnerable market position if it were to gain no public awareness and sales momentum. However, if it does I will buy shares in Audiosoft..
Anonymous
Unregistered

posted on 1-19-2007 at 11:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Very interesting.
Anonymous
Unregistered

posted on 1-19-2007 at 11:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Beautiful site!
Anonymous
Unregistered

posted on 1-19-2007 at 11:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Very interesting.
Anonymous
Unregistered

posted on 1-19-2007 at 11:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
good site
Anonymous
Unregistered

posted on 1-19-2007 at 12:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Excellent browsing have the to
Anonymous
Unregistered

posted on 1-19-2007 at 12:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
great site
Anonymous
Unregistered

posted on 1-19-2007 at 12:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
great site
Anonymous
Unregistered

posted on 1-19-2007 at 12:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Excellent browsing have the to
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats