Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: eJukebox 4.04 Released
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-26-2006 at 05:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox 4.04 Released

Here is v4.04! I hope you all like the improvements. It has been a long road to 4.0...I want to Thank Everyone who has contributed to the forums especially those who have stuck around since the beginning. You know who you are...you have kept me going all these years! I feel very proud of v4.0 and so should you. Just remember it is not done yet. If there is something you really wanted for v4.0 and it is not in it...rest assured there will be allot of new features in v4.x's. It will only get better from here!

eJukebox v4.04 is now available for download at:
http://audiosoft.net/download.htm

Note: It will still say v4.0 on the installer and the eJukebox splashscreen until there is a v4.1. The latest update will say v4.04 on the taskbar and the system tray EJ icon's tool-tip.

v4.04 Update:
-fixed crashing and jittery audio on some systems caused by Priority=3 and Priority=2 ejukebox.ini settings by removing:

[Processor]
Priority=X
and changing it to use:
[CPU]
ProcessPriority=1

You can edit ejukebox.ini manually to change the ProcessPriority under [CPU] if you want it to be something other than 1 but do so only if you system can handle it. You may experience crashes or jittery sound if you set it too high. 2 seems safe on most systems.

1=Normal
2=High
3=Realtime

v4.02 Updates:

-fixed eJukebox not always installing new lower resource using artistlist correctly
-fixed editor, virtual keyboard and autolistbuilder look so they are not effected by windows theme
-fixed eJukebox display not refreshed correctly on Win2k after changing skin
-added Disable AlbumList Jump on ArtistList Click option to OTHER tab

Updates since Beta 4:
-fixed artistlist in default skin causing excessive handle/resource usage
-made default artistlist skin fit more artists per page by reducing row height
-disabled animate panel movemement by default
-made visualization launch button make winamp viz stay ontop of eJukebox window. Viz button no longer disabled in fullscreen mode
-optimized eJukebox AutoPlay randomization
-fixed eJukebox repeating songs if AutoPlay is setup with tracks from only 1 artist
-updated AutoPlay so that the 80% (or more) of songs played least recently are open to randomselection so that songs are repeated less often across multiple eJukebox sessions. The maximum most recently played songs that can be excluded is 50
-fixed bottom position carousel not loading on startup and getting clipped when not in EDV
-updated autolist builder/autoplay mixer look
-new screenshot on first time user welcome screen

What's New in v4 Beta 4:
-Fixed Msdxm.ocx error

What's New in v4 Beta 3:
-Fixed moving the mouse over the left panel sizer causing a crash.

What's New in v4 Beta 2:
-New skinnable A-Z Artistlist bar slider for easier touchscreen use at lower resolutions
-Clicking A-Z bar letter when artistlist visible now loads Album Carousel with Top 12 Albums by Artists starting with the letter clicked. Right Click A-Z letter when artist list hidden to only load carousel and not songlist for the letter.
-fixed eJukebox not importing track# from files named # - artist - title.xxx when id3 tag does not have track number. If a filename starts with a number and there is no track # in the id3 tag eJukebox will use it for the track number even if it is in () or has other punctuation.
-Artist list now aligned with top when not using EDV
-fixed 'Show Starrating when not in EDV' alignment problems by making the song titles use less width
-'Show Starrating when not in EDV' now enabled by default
-fixed uneven borders around low quality old ejukebox lookedup album images in albums list
-fixed new large play control << and >> buttons not working after 12am (until play/pause clicked)
-fixed dragging over playlist < and > buttons not paging playlist
-fixed 'Music Video' youtube.com quicklink
-added 'Resizing' status message to songlist title bar when resizing
-added 'Requesting Data' status message when loading all songs by artist with A-Z letter
-made left panel width sizer move smoother
-fixed bookmark/playlist mode not working with large lists when random selected
-autoplay modes now open to all matching songs not just 1/2 played least recently
-AutoPlay will not pick songs by the same artist back to back. Autoplay does not pick the same song more than once in the same eJukebox session. Both true unless no other songs are available or non-random bookmark AutoPlay mode in use.
-removed flicker when typing artist name into albumlist to jump to artists albums
-made artist title text in album list start 5px lower after Jumping to letter
-can now right click large play/pause button to Stop
-fixed flicker on opening albumlist
-made fadein fadeout effect smoother
-fixed "Processor", "Priority" ejukebox.ini setting not being used on startup
-fixed restore from minimize video artifacts (changing artistlist bar/width/scrollbuttons)
-fixed artistlist not loading at startup if only A-Z bar visible on last close
-added search instructions to virtual keyboard and updated how it looks
-Drag and Drop in Kiosk Mode now enabled if Kiosk Mode option "Enable Right Click/Drag and Drop" checked
-got rid of unskinnable gray line to the right of A-Z bar when using scrollbars
-fixed numerious resizing/maximize/fullscreen issues
-fixed ejukebox unable to get the correct screen width after running a 3d game
-fixed outside screen resolution change eJukebox not auto-resizing eJukebox correctly
-fixed fullscreen mode incorrect resizing
-added 1152x864 to fullscreen mode resolution options
-aligned top of left panel sizer with bottom of titlebar
-database import now shows the file name of the file being worked on BEFORE possible freeze/long delay caused by corrupted or 1/2 downloaded music files...so that user knows what file is causing the problem instead of showing the name of the file before the problem file
-Id3 Tag Editor now only loads the song previews in embedded windows media player when play is clicked instead of when file is opened in editor....making the editor faster and more stable.
-updated look of the AutoList Builder
-New SilverTuneZ skin

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
inslag

posted on 8-26-2006 at 11:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hang beta 2

Hi,

I installed de update version beta 2, but will hang after it start up, pc don't respond anymore and play teh same song only 3 seconds over and over again.

Rob
Fishy

posted on 8-26-2006 at 02:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The update works fine here. Thanks for fixing the issues with 3d games and for the other fixes as well :)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-27-2006 at 10:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for this update Audiosoft. It starts to look like a jukebox! ;)

:cool: Pirk
rlailey

thumbdown.gif posted on 8-27-2006 at 01:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Major bug

Quote:
Originally posted by inslag
I installed de update version beta 2, but will hang after it start up, pc don't respond anymore and play the same song only 3 seconds over and over again.

I get exactly the same problem as this in every way. My XP hangs to the point where Ctrl-Alt-Del does not work so I have to power recycle my machine.

This may be reproduced by quickly moving the mouse left and right over the carousel and then moving the mouse to resize the vertical bar to the right of the up next area.

This does not happen on Beta 1 and I chose the upgrade download executable. I have an ATI Radion 9600 series card driver 8.273.0.0 18/07/2006

PS I think the Beta1 download has been removed so I'm unable to revert back :(
inslag

posted on 8-27-2006 at 06:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
fixed

I uninstall the beta 2 and than install the full version, and now it works. strange.

Rob
rlailey

thumbdown.gif posted on 8-27-2006 at 08:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
reproducable crash

Thanks for the tip inslag (Rob) but this still produces a fatal crash even with the full version. I reverted back to v3.999 (as v4.0 Beta 1 has been removed) and then performed a full install from the download above.

To crash your machine, move the mouse pointer to the vertical position bar just to the right of where it says 'Auto Play' in the Up Next area at the bottom left of the screen so that the mouse pointer changes to a resize double arrow - works every time :o
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-27-2006 at 09:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wow weird that that would crash a machine. Here it just freezed the eJukebox display until you moved the mouse off that bar. I think I have fixed the problem. I will have a Beta 3 up next week.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rlailey

posted on 8-27-2006 at 11:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
:)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-28-2006 at 08:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rlailey,

The Beta 3 download is up top...it should fix the crash problem.

rllercstr7

posted on 8-28-2006 at 07:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thats great Audiosoft! I really like how the current alphabetical letter from the Artist List changes silver depending on the letter you are looking at. Personally I still ike the default skin the best.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-28-2006 at 07:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rllercstr7,

Glad you like it. You can also drag and slide that silver A-Z letter to scan the artistlist. BTW There will be a nice improvement in v4.0 final for the default skin that could not be included in the betas. The artistlist will look pretty much the same except it will show a few more artists per page (less row height devoted to each artist) and most importantly it will use ALLOT less system resources (handle and memory) making it faster and more stable.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-29-2006 at 12:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
You can also drag and slide that silver A-Z letter to scan the artistlist.

Waow! :o Don't tried that! :cool:

Hey Audiosoft, today I've installed IE7 RC, and I don't know if the last eJukebox betas have been optimised for IE7, but now eJukebox Skins look a lot better! Also I've put some transparents PNG in my skin: It looks damned good too!! :P

PS: I vote for my own skin as the next eJukebox default skin! Let me know if you want more details. I've updated it, a lot.. :)

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-29-2006 at 01:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here is a little screenshot:

Pirk has attached this image:
eJ Crimson-Transp2.png - 385.48kb

rllercstr7

posted on 8-29-2006 at 01:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Lookin good Pirk!
VWBUG

posted on 8-31-2006 at 09:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Still get crashes with beta 4

Hi, just installed beta 4 and it freezes after a minute or so, I take it this problem has not been fixed.

Made in Scotland
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-31-2006 at 07:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
VWBUG,
Can you be more specific as to what you are doing or what eJukebox is trying to do when it freezes? Do you have to restart eJukebox after it 'freezes'? Any error messages? What skin are you using?

VWBUG

posted on 8-31-2006 at 10:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Audiosoft

The whole computer freezes about 10 seconds after ejukebox loads the home page. It seems to be related to the carousel as it is the only thing that continues to move after the freeze.

Mouse, keyboard freezes, cannot ctrl, alt, delete, need to use the universal reset button.

I managed to quickly navigate past the start up page to the album list and ej worked as normal, but when I went back to a screen with the carousel it froze again.

I didnt get the problem using beta 2.

I am using the default skin. No error message.

Thanks

Made in Scotland
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-1-2006 at 12:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK, well hopefully v4.0 will fix it. I have a feeling it is a problem with the default skin using too many handle resources to support the carousel at the same time on some machines. I have fixed the exessive handle usage on the default skin in v4.0 final (which I am getting ready to release later tonight) so hopefully that will take care of it.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-1-2006 at 04:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox Version 4.0 has been released and is now available for download

VWBUG

posted on 9-1-2006 at 08:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Audiosoft

This did not fix the problem, the only difference is that now the carousel moves faster and the system freezes faster than before. I have noticed that as well as the carousel continuing to move, when the mouse pointer is over the album cover the icon changes as normal. ( the pointer just happened to freeze over the carousel)

Thanks again for the help

Made in Scotland
blackcat

posted on 9-1-2006 at 10:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm having the same problem. The PC freezes after starting eJukebox. I think I may have had the run in RAM option selected from a previous version.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-1-2006 at 02:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm..so it only freezes after you put the mouse over the carousel? Can you disable/uncheck the show carousel option under the eJukebox display options and see if it still freezes.

If you can't disable it before the freeze please edit your C:\Program Files\ejukebox.ini and replace the line Carousel=1 with Carousel=0 and restart eJukebox.

Please let me know if eJukebox 4 freezes with the carousel disabled so I know if the carousel is actually what is causing the problem or not. Thanks. Also what version of Flash, CPU brand/Mhz and how much RAM do you have?

VWBUG

posted on 9-1-2006 at 02:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No it freezes without moving the mouse.

The PC is a 1.2GHz Athlon with 512MB Ram. (it was Free) I use it as a stand alone Jukebox with nothing else running other that the touch screen software.

Seems to run fine with carousel disabled.

Made in Scotland
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-1-2006 at 02:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK, Thanks. I have a feeling that your system can not handle when the carousel is fully loaded with 12 albums. I bet if you go to an artist with only a few albums and enable the carousel it will not freeze....but I might be wrong about that.

Try this:
Goto an artist with 'only a couple albums' and see if it freezes after you re-enable the carousel. Let me know. Then Shutdown eJukebox. Install Flash 9 from here: http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie .

Now open task manager and watch the CPU usage of ejukebox.exe while you Restart eJukebox and see if it still freezes when the carousel is full from the home view with Flash 9 installed. How much CPU was eJukebox using when it froze (if it froze)?

I think the solution to this might end up being to lower the visual quality of the carousel so that it uses less cpu...then give an option to raise the quality for people with higher system specs.

One more thing: You may want to edit ejukebox.ini and change Priority=2 to Priority=1 and restart eJukebox and see if that stops it from freezing.

VWBUG

posted on 9-1-2006 at 05:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sorry, no it crashes when the carousel is disabled also, just takes a bit longer.

Made in Scotland
rlailey

posted on 9-1-2006 at 05:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Crash also

I have just installed eJ 4.0 Final today too and it crashes - details: here
rllercstr7

posted on 9-1-2006 at 10:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft I recreated the player controls in flash so they are nice and smooth. I attached the HTML and SWF. Hopefully you can use it and they will look nice.

Attachment: Controls.rar (12.33kb)
This file has been downloaded 844 times

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-2-2006 at 12:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
For those with the 'freeze' problem. Maybe you CPUs are just overheating. I would try editing ejukebox.ini and setting Priority=2 to Priority=1. Also are you using a touchscreen or a mouse? See if it still freezes when using the SilverTuneZ skin.

I tested v4.0 on XP and Win2K both with Intel CPUs and had no problems using a mouse. Win2K does end up using more of the CPU because it does not support hyperthreading which I could see ending up overheating a cpu with the home view carousel running...but I had no problem. I am still looking into this issue...any extra info on what you or eJukebox is doing when it freezes and your OS and CPU would help. I would really like to get this fixed asap.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-2-2006 at 12:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rllercstr7,

Nice job on the flash controls! I see you really want that extra highlight around the play/pause...i should be able to allow a seperate mask for the mouse over so that flash is not needed for it. I would hate to have the skinnability locked up in a swf because of no external button images. However, I do think your flash would come in handy for the 2Web browser interface. Each of the buttons would just need to be modified to trigger a javascript function...plus the play/pause state would need to be able to be set via a javascript call to the swf.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats