Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Questions from a potential buyer
amame

posted on 4-19-2006 at 12:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Questions from a potential buyer

Hi,

I am thinking about buy this but I have a few questions first.

What is the difference between the lite, regular, and pro versions?

What is the deal with the 1 year license and lifetime license? Does this mean that if I buy the cheaper 1 year license that my program will stop working after 1 year?

Is there any support for displaying lyrics?

Thanks.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-19-2006 at 12:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Lite has all Features Except for Kiosk Mode, CD Ripper and 2Web Browser Interface.
Standard has all Features Except for 2Web Browser Interface.
Pro has all Features Enabled.

The 1 Year License gives you free upgrades to new versions for 1 year and will stop working when the 1 year is up. The Lifetime License works forever and gives you free upgrades for life.

If you right click on the Now Playing cover and select Lyrics under Info Links on the popup menu it will try to locate the lyrics online. You can edit the info links to change it to use a different lyrics web site. Also, the eJukebox song editor allows you to view and save lyrics in the mp3 tag.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rlailey

eureka.gif posted on 4-19-2006 at 06:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
lyricsdot.com NOT lyricsdot.ru

I found my Lyrics Info Link was set to http://lyricsdot.ru (presumably in an older version of eJukebox which stayed through the upgrades). This site doesn't appear to exist right now but I changed it to http://lyricsdot.com (all the following parameters the same) and it works tidy :cool:
amame

posted on 4-19-2006 at 08:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Lite has all Features Except for Kiosk Mode, CD Ripper and 2Web Browser Interface.
Standard has all Features Except for 2Web Browser Interface.
Pro has all Features Enabled.

Ok, just to confirm. The only feature I wont have with the standard version is internet related?
This is not an issue since my jukebox will not be connected to the net.

Quote:
The 1 Year License gives you free upgrades to new versions for 1 year and will stop working when the 1 year is up. The Lifetime License works forever and gives you free upgrades for life.

Hmmm...never PAID for software before that had an expiration date!!

Quote:
If you right click on the Now Playing cover and select Lyrics under Info Links on the popup menu it will try to locate the lyrics online. You can edit the info links to change it to use a different lyrics web site. Also, the eJukebox song editor allows you to view and save lyrics in the mp3 tag.

Well, like I mentioned above I am not planning on going online.
I do have lyrics for all of my songs as individual text files. Would there be a way to incorporate these files or would I have to copy them all to the ID3 tags?

Thanks for the help....looks like I will probably be going with the standard lifetime deal.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-20-2006 at 03:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

Ok, just to confirm. The only feature I wont have with the standard version is internet related?

That is correct. The 2WEB Feature is only in Pro. All the other features are enabled in the standard version.

Quote:

Hmmm...never PAID for software before that had an expiration date!!

Not many programs offer free upgrades forever like eJukebox either. They usually make you pay for the next major version #. Lifetime is a better deal but the 1 Year license option is available for those who want to save in the short term.

I am looking into improving the lyrics integration and making it possible to show the lyrics where the songlist/home view is.
How are your lyrics text files setup?
I.E. are they in the same folder as the mp3 with the same name and a .txt extension?
I can probally update eJukebox to pick them up from the text files when they are not in the tag.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-20-2006 at 08:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
I am looking into improving the lyrics integration and making it possible to show the lyrics where the songlist/home view is.
I.E. are they in the same folder as the mp3 with the same name and a .txt extension?
I can probally update eJukebox to pick them up from the text files when they are not in the tag.

Good news! if eJukebox displays the lyrics in the songlist area, finally! :)

Yes I think eJukebox could recognize the .txt files in the same folder as the mp3 - or non-mp3 as well! - with the same name than the song FILE name as lyrics.

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
amame

posted on 4-20-2006 at 11:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft

Yep, that is exactly how they are setup. I used a program called 'Virtual Music Jukebox' a few years back when jukebox programs were more uncommon and that is how it recognized them....so I already have about 1500-2000 already set up like this.

It would be great if you could update the program to recognize them like this.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-20-2006 at 07:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK. I have updated it so your lyrics files will be viewable in the eJukebox editor in v3.999 Beta 3.
You can download that HERE.
When I integrate the viewing of saved lyrics in the songlist I will make sure that it also works with the txt files.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-20-2006 at 07:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good plans Audiosoft! :)

The next step could be to synchronise the lyrics display with the music play, in the style of karaokes! :cool:

Thanks for this new beta.

:cool: Pirk
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats