Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: eJukebox v3.99 BETA 1 Download
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

shocked.gif posted on 10-20-2005 at 06:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox v3.99 BETA 1 Download

Attached is eJukebox v3.99 Beta 1 for anyone that wants to test it out.

The main goal of this release is to fix all the old resizing problems in eJukebox and to make it faster and easier for the user to get the best view possible without having to manually resize all the panels.

Check it out and let me know what you think. :D

List of the major changes so far over v3.98:

-New Maximize Button brings up a popup menu to select Maximize (Automatically resize eJukebox for best fit on current resolution), Full Screen (Go Full Screen without changing video mode/screen resolution), Full Screen Mode, or Kiosk Mode
-Moved min max and x buttons to the top right. Auto-shows those buttons in old position on left panel when mouse is over the old area. The buttons now get hidden in fullscreen and kiosk mode.
-New option on Full Screen Mode Options Panel to go full screen 'without changing current screen resolution' so that eJukebox can now handle ANY screen resolution 800x600 or higher.
-In order to fix sizing problems after outside screen resolution change; eJukebox now automatically Maximizes after resolution change when it is not minimized.
-Expand/Contract Panels button now toggles between player-playlist and full view (instead of player and full view)
-Increased size of NEXT text in up next display.
-Updated ScrollButton arrow and edvbutton to use windings3 font.
-Can now drop web or local cover image files onto now playing panel to change cover for currently playing album (automatically opens editor and saves image to all mp3 id3 tags for the album then closes editor)
-Fixed Draging a multi-disc album from the album list does not work
-Fixed Comma in the Editor's song file path causing double-click link to Windows Explorer to fail.
-Fixed right click on blank Now Playing Panel errors out - now right click will bring up correct now playing data.
-Removed hide albumcover cd animation option
-Moved 'touchscreen left/right mouse button selector' option from fullscreen options to display options so it can be used outside of fullscreen mode.
-Moved option for AutoScroll Buttons instead of scrollbars from Other tab to Display options
-Made animated note in default skin's nocover image smaller (file not in the beta)
-Added "Search" text to search box image in default skin (file not in the beta)
-Various tweaks

NOTE: Download has been removed. v3.99 Final is now available for download: HERE

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-20-2005 at 07:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Audiosoft.

The new min max and x buttons design look fines. Even if the "flip flop" between left and right is a bit unexpected: Certainly that I need to get used!
I like the new "High Def" ScrollButton arrows. Although the old ones was not so bads.
The new edvbutton is more explicit. Maybe it will be skinable now ?

The bugs you have fixed (dragging.. comma..) now work good! :)

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-20-2005 at 08:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

Even if the "flip flop" between left and right is a bit unexpected: Certainly that I need to get used!

I just thought having it on the right side like Windows does would make it easier on new users. BTW I made it so you can still use the buttons on the left like before...just put your mouse over there and they show up in the old spot.

It wasn't easy to code, because of all the different panels, but I think the new maximize and fullscreen features came out nice...especially since I can go fullscreen at 1280x720 now without a problem. :D

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-20-2005 at 08:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok.. I guessed that is intended to the new users who may consider eJukebox as inintuitive. Personnaly I appreciate the eJukebox specificities: its "non-windows" formatting!

1280x720 sound very good! And 1920x1080 is possible too?
I don't have a HD LCD TV yet, but I don't know if I will resist a long time... :D

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-20-2005 at 08:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
BTW I made it so you can still use the buttons on the left like before...just put your mouse over there and they show up in the old spot.

Ok, you are very considerate for all your users! ;)

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-20-2005 at 09:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
1920x1080 will work but the left side of eJukebox would be huge and all the text would get smaller. If you have a HDTV capable display you should use 720p for eJukebox because it will look better and give you the 60 frames a second for smoother scrolling instead of the interlaced 1080i.

I picked up a 720p native (1080i capable) DLP HDTV front projector and a 16:9 screen a couple months ago and never looked back...it's cheaper (still expensive for me) and much bigger than a plasma...and looks amazing with HD material and pretty good with standard def stuff. Though I haven't bought a DVD since...because there is always something on in HD. I am looking forward to when they come out with HD-DVDs.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-20-2005 at 09:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
In France the HD broadcasting is not begun yet, it's planned in the course of 2006...
I will probably buy my HD TV when emissions will start!
In Europe (or only in France??) it's planned we begin the HD using the latest compression standard: MPEG4! So that delay things a bit more...

I plan to buy a 37" LCD TV, maybe it will be in full HD? Unless I fall for a "HD Ready" 1366x768 LCD right now! :D

1366x768 would be good too with eJukebox ?

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-20-2005 at 09:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox would look great on 1366x768...
Just make sure that your video card supports the same resolution the TV allows for input.

MTownley

posted on 10-20-2005 at 10:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have sort of found out what causes my 100% CPU usage problem.

If I turn on scrolling text in the album view, eJukebox becomes unustable/unusable. It goes fine again if I turn it off (if I am quick enough before my machine dies)

I just tried with 3.99b1 and it is the same.

Any chance of finding out what causes this before 3.99 comes out?

Thanks
Mark.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-20-2005 at 10:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've already looked for a LCD TV with a PC input... but curiously most of them don't support 1:1 ratio native resolution on their PC input!? That would be a shame if eJukebox is damaged on it!
Also I would prefer a DVI digital input rather than analog VGA (my video card support both, my LCD monitor too!), but unfortunately DVI appears to be rare on HDTVs. They are all in HDMI which is not planned for PCs...

Dyno Don

posted on 10-20-2005 at 11:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
-Expand/Contract Panels button now toggles between player-playlist and full view (instead of player and full view)

This is great! Something I wouldn't think to ask for, but before I would click to player only, then options, then options again, and it would show player and next. Now one click!

-Increased size of NEXT text in up next display.

Nice!

So far so good. Thanks Audiosoft.

Don
Fishy

posted on 10-20-2005 at 11:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

* When resizing (using the new maximize function) at 1600x1200 the volumebutton is hidden (a little too much horizontal resizing) and I can see some of the bottom screen (A little more vertical resizing please) :)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
rllercstr7

posted on 10-21-2005 at 12:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the bug fixes Audiosoft. During the time eJukebox wasn't very active I discovered a spacing issue in the up next area and posted here http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=1278.
I just wanted to point that out in case you were unaware of that.

I also have a question for you about the resizing of the Now Playing area. I am using the resolution 1024 x 768. When I make the Now playing area bigger in order to increase the size of the album cover and then press the button in the top right corner with the two arrows in it to fill the rest of my screen it pushes the Now playing area back to its default size. Is there any way you can make that button fill the rest of the screen and preserve the Now Playing area size when its pressed? Right now its kind of worthless to use the bigger now playing area, because when I do eJukebox won't be able to fill the screen.

As always thanks for all your work to improve eJukebox! :D
blackcat

posted on 10-21-2005 at 10:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think I have a similar problem to rllercstr7.

I have lost the ability to display large album covers with this new beta release. Although I can increase the size of the sliders on the now playing panel to maximise the size of the album cover in windowed mode, as soon as I go into full screen mode the album cover reverts back to its small default. It seems like the extended data view is always on in full screen mode, even though I've unticked the opton in the video mode change view. I cannot change the size of the sliders on the now playing panel to maximise the size of the album cover in full screen mode.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I'm using a resolution of 1024x726.
rllercstr7

posted on 10-21-2005 at 11:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have had this problem since the resizing was added to eJukebox. Nothing new in this release has changed this.
Montana

posted on 10-21-2005 at 12:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That makes 3 of us that cant resize the vertical panel (now playing and up next section) when in full screen or maximise options.
The way that I would like to see it work is as follows.

I would say that most people wouldn't want resizing in windowed mode but in fullscreen.
So when you have EJ in fullscreen mode you can move the vertical panel left or right depending on what size you want it and the righthand panel increases or decreases in size according to how you have moved the left panel, thus keeping the whole screen in EJ.
In windowed mode when you move the vertical left panel slider to the right(to increase size) the far right hand side of the EJ moves the same distance(so filling the screen(eventually).If you use the double arrors(just to the right hand side of the search button) it fills the screen but no re-sizing is allowed.
Any help here would be great,perhaps even step by step instructions of what we should do , just in case all 3 of us(and maybe more) have done something completely wrong.

Andy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-21-2005 at 06:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hey guys, I think you are right!

Probably your screen resolution is 1024x768, and in order to keep a enlarged cover image in the Now Playing pannel you don't want that eJukebox uses the Extended Data View when in Fullscreen mode; so you have unchecked this option...

My screen res is 1280x1024, so I can get a large enough Now Playing pannel while using the EDV mode... :)
But to test I've tried to set my screen res in 1024x768:
Like you, even if I uncheck the EDV view in the fullscreen options, eJukebox still uses the EDV mode when in fullscreen!

So yes, it's a little bug... ;)

rlailey

thumbup.gif posted on 10-21-2005 at 07:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
1184x666 Widescreen

Hey this now works in Full Screen mode on my 10' Widescreen projector for the first time ever!

I've previously had to disable Full Screen mode and manually rearranged stuff for my widescreen layout but now I don't have to.

I can now run Kiosk mode Full Screen for the first time ever!

!!! What a result !!! Thanks Audiosoft !!!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-21-2005 at 08:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

as soon as I go into full screen mode the album cover reverts back to its small default. It seems like the extended data view is always on in full screen mode

Looks like I forgot to re-activate that extended data view checkbox option for fullscreen mode...I will get that fixed for the release version or the next beta...

Montana

posted on 10-21-2005 at 09:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Also a couple of things to add to this are:-

Are you going to add any support for 800x600 resolutions ?

I ask this because the re-sizing issue above is even worse in 800x600, because on my plasma in 800x600 mode(in otherwords if EJ wasn't running ,Windows takes up the whole screen perfectly) you can't have ANY re-sizing in windowed OR fullscreen, because EJ in 800x600 windowed takes up the fullscreen.
Unfortunately if I run my PC in 1024x768 it is way offset on my plasma, because I am running my PC through a scaler and it adjusts the signal going through it to what it thinks it is.If I adjusted the screen position to make it right, the position of a region 1 DVD would be out in exactly the oposite direction.
Any comments would be great.

Andy
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-21-2005 at 10:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Montana,

I really wish there was a way but there is just not enough room onscreen to make both the now playing panel wider and have the right side visible when the screen width is only 800 pixels.

rllercstr7

posted on 10-22-2005 at 01:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
In setup which tab is the extended data view option supposed to be under. I have never seen the option before. Also I have this resizing problem while eJukebox is in windowed mode and not fullscreen. I'll try to explain my problem with pictures. In the first picture I have the now playing area the size I want it. Everything's fine, except it doesn't fill the screen.

rllercstr7 has attached this image:
eJukebox1.jpg - 163.99kb
rllercstr7

posted on 10-22-2005 at 01:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Now when I press the extended data view arrow in the top right corner eJukbox does fill the screen, but at the same time pushes the now playing area back to the small default size. This is in windowed mode.

rllercstr7 has attached this image:
eJukebox2.jpg - 138.59kb
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-22-2005 at 05:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The right side of eJukebox can either be EDV size or non-EDV size....there can't be any in-between sizing of it like with the left side. So you can either make the left side larger to fill the extra space or switch your video resolution to 1280x1024 to get the best layout possible.

rllercstr7

posted on 10-22-2005 at 10:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,
Is there any way you could make the right edge of eJukebox dragable so you can extend it how ever far you want? Thanks!
Krobar

posted on 10-25-2005 at 04:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the Beta, display wise things seem to fit together better now.

I was wondering if one last feature I've wanted for a while could make it into Ejukebox 3, could EJ force album grouping by folder if the appropriate option is ticked.. eg All files in a folder called "Artist - Album" belong to the Album by Artist.

The reason is EJ makes me manually tick alot of my Compilation albums and since I have to rebuild my EJ DB every now and then this becomes very time consuming.
blackcat

posted on 10-28-2005 at 08:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've downloaded the new release (3.99) and still can't get full screen to work with large album covers. It seems like the extended data view is still always on in full screen mode, even though I've unticked the opton in the video mode change view. I cannot change the size of the sliders on the now playing panel to maximise the size of the album cover in full screen mode.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-28-2005 at 11:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
blackcat,

You are using 1024x768 right?

I just fixed the code for the next release so that under 1024 eJukebox will not change the current EDV view when maximized or fullscreen is clicked...it will just keep it whatever it was already and adjust the left panel width to fill the screen....that way it will work either way without needing the checkbox.

CiXel

posted on 10-29-2005 at 01:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That Deserves a WooHoo!
I was having similar issues now that my new touchscreen is 1024 x 768 ;)
blackcat

posted on 10-29-2005 at 07:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

Thanks - I use 1024x768 on my main PC but use 800x600 on my laptop. Is this fix to be limited to one screen resolution (1024)? Under 3.98 I can display large album covers at any screen resolution, by unchecking the EDV view.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats