Author: Subject: eJukebox is dead...
ochristmas

posted on 3-17-2005 at 09:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox is dead...

...you know it - and I know it. :(
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-17-2005 at 11:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox is not dead...just a temporary coma while we work to get the new cover lookup module integrated correctly and we tinker with a couple of ideas.

At this point it is looking like we are going to just release v4.0 with some bug fixes, a few new features, and the new large cover lookup/image handling system...so that we can get it out sooner rather than later....instead trying to pack everything we ever wanted into v4. That way we can just integrate the other new features we are working on via 4.x updates and get v4.0 out on time. We are still shooting for an April release.

Also, v4.0 will have a new default skin. 3.0 skins will still work in 4.0 as new abilities will simply get added on to the current skinning system. So keep those skins coming...we need some inspiration for the v4.0 skin...right now it looks like we are going with an in-house variant of the Bitsumo Red skin...but that may change.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Spazz

posted on 3-18-2005 at 10:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wouldn't spose any thought has been put towards something like This Eventually has there? For me that's pretty much all that's missing before Ejuke is perfect. That and syncing to portables but this has always been a player and not a util. I got Mediamonkey for tagging and organizing.

http://area51.gerpok.com/song/spazz.png
Blitzfaktor

posted on 3-18-2005 at 12:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hope you really release in april... at this time we run the music system with winamp and some plugins. not really comfortable :)
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-18-2005 at 01:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
...and the new large cover lookup/image handling system...for an April release.

Mmm... :P large covers! :o
I'm longing to be in April... :)

Long live eJukebox!! :cool:
Krobar

posted on 3-19-2005 at 01:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Please could it squash the last of the ancient bugs ;)
http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=1128
jhlurie

posted on 3-19-2005 at 03:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hey, large cover lookup will be great. But only assuming that the cover lookup logic is fixed from its current state, where it often overrides album names already present. I don't want a cover if the cost of that is getting some stupid Greatest Hits collection or K-Tel music collection as the album half the time.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-19-2005 at 10:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I hope too jhlurie...
But personally, if i'm also interested by the new lookup feature, above all I'm longing to see larger covers in the Now Playing panel!!

Audiosoft,
I assume the display in v4 will go hand in hand with the new large cover lookup/image handling system?
The best would be that when users stretch the Now Playing panel, then the album cover be enlarged progressively and proproportionally to the Now Playing panel resizing...

Have you planned something like that already in v4.0, or only later?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-19-2005 at 05:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

The best would be that when users stretch the Now Playing panel, then the album cover be enlarged progressively and proproportionally to the Now Playing panel resizing.

That is exactly how it is planned to work. Right now we are working on allowing vertical resizing of the now playing panel.

Quote:

I don't want a cover if the cost of that is getting some stupid Greatest Hits collection or K-Tel music collection as the album half the time.

This won't be a problem anymore... as long as the song has an artist and album name in the ID3 tag it will be able to get a large cover for the same album name very quickly 95% of the time. If it can't find the same album during those 5% of lookups it will just fail and will not display a cover.

If the Album name is not in the ID3 tag then it will first use the artist and song title to try to find the oldest matching album name which takes longer because of the extra step.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-19-2005 at 05:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
Quote:

The best would be that when users stretch the Now Playing panel, then the album cover be enlarged progressively and proproportionally to the Now Playing panel resizing.

That is exactly how it is planned to work. Right now we are working on allowing vertical resizing of the now playing panel.

Ah... good! that will be perfect! :)
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-6-2005 at 06:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Up! :)
stsirois

posted on 5-6-2005 at 07:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sorry, Pirk. We're both old-timers here, but I have given up on eJukebox & the Audiosoft team. See my post here:

http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=1199#pid6028

I needed something that worked NOW & could not afford to wait any longer for fixes that may not ever come. I truly hope that they can get their act together as competition is always good for the consumer.

Thanks,
Steve
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-6-2005 at 07:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hello stsirois! I can understand your choice, of course Medio is specially conceived for TV screens... It looks great on it! But I don't know if it has the same "soul" than eJukebox...

Have fun with Medio ;)
stsirois

posted on 5-6-2005 at 07:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Pirk
Hello stsirois! I can understand your choice, of course Medio is specially conceived for TV screens... It looks great on it! But I don't know if it has the same "soul" than eJukebox...

Have fun with Medio ;)

Hi Pirk,

myHTPC's main focus was HTPC usage, but Meedio is being used on things like CarPuters, Kiosks, Home Automation systems, MAME cabinets, jukeboxes, etc. It is very versatile & should not be pigeon-holed to only HTPC systems.

You may be right about the "soul" aspect. That's one of things that kept me hanging on so long to eJukebox.

Thanks,
Steve
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats