Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Three Bugs
Krobar

posted on 1-2-2005 at 05:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Three Bugs

1) The album list uses only the Album Title to build the list when it should use the Album Title and Album Artist. For example if you have the album shown below:
A Artist - Best Of
B Artist - Best Of
C Artist - Album
D Artist - Best Of
Only the albums for A Artist and C Artist will be displayed in the album list.

2) For similarily named albums the album list often detects them as the same album when they are not. A real world example is "Dazed and Confused" and "Dazed and Confused (Even More)", the album list shows only the first album and places both albums in it.

3) Choose to play a song now, wait for that song to finish and the next one to start or skip to the next song, now try to play the same song again (It wont work).

If it makes any difference all my tracks are ID3V2 labelled only.

If you could fix these bugs it would be great and congrats on an otherwise excellent product.
Krobar

posted on 1-12-2005 at 07:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Anyone else seen these problems?
Krobar

posted on 2-19-2005 at 11:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

Do you think V4 could fix the above and the EJ stops playing issue?
Fishy

posted on 2-19-2005 at 01:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Krobar: You might get rid of a few of the symptomes mentioned above if you do options--->other--> and untick "Enable fuzzy songlist results".

From my point of view this should be unticked by default. I can't understand that one would want fuzzy results, except when one do a general search from a keyword. In every other situation one would have gained from being as precise as possible?.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Krobar

posted on 2-19-2005 at 02:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fishy,

I always disable that option anyway and I entirely agree that it should be disabled by default.

The probs I mention (The first two anyway) have been around for as long as I can remember and Im beginning to think they are part of a design flaw or something more complex than I first thought.
Fishy

posted on 2-19-2005 at 02:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hmm.. yeah. And since many albums, by different artists, have the same names eg. "greatest hits", "the very best of", "dj kicks" etc, one sure will encounter this sooner or later. I've "solved" this by putting a "." after the respective albumnames. Then ej will display them as they differ. I don't really think this would be so difficult to fix. I think it's meant to function as a filter feature, but for me it operates more like a source for irritation ;) personally I advocate that ej uses all information for albums, songs, genre, compilation or not etc. from tags exactly as represented. This information is the most reliable and possible to alter for the user.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Krobar

posted on 2-19-2005 at 02:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ive never understood why EJ does this either. I dont quite understand your "." fix, could you elaborate please?
Fishy

posted on 2-19-2005 at 02:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hehe this conversation is almost in realtime :)

Well it's not very advanced. I just rename simular named albums from the tag editor. I put a dot at the end of one of the albums that won't get showed and voila ej will show them after a albumlist refresh, because the albumnames differ as a result of the dot :) It's not a fix really, but more a workaround for a well known problem..

As a consequence of a problem which belongs to the same family as the one we're discussing now. The artist "soundtrack of our lives" has been renamed to S.track of our lives. This was done to avoid that this homogenious band was put under the 'compilations' marker. What is a little ironic is that this behaviour is wellmeant features from the developers, but for some albums it just don't work out so well. Being true to the information in tags in these cases would solve the problem right away.

-----------
Fishy
Krobar

posted on 2-19-2005 at 02:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If the first album is "Greatest Hits", the second is Greatest Hits." then does the third have to be "Greatest Hits.."?
Fishy

posted on 2-19-2005 at 02:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm.. I can remember something that it's always the alphabetical downmost album that run into problems.. For instance if Cure - greatest hits, David Bowie - Greatest hits and Skarv - Greatest hits, changing the one of skarv can be enought to make all three show. So it might be enought that one differs out of three in some cases. But as a rule of thumb I think your inference is correct :)

Namesniffing is so 2004, so I hope using taginfo as the only source of information becomes the trend in 2005 ;)

-----------
Fishy
Krobar

posted on 2-19-2005 at 02:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
:o My albums near the end of the list would look silly.

I think it should be fixed, users should not be expected to sabotage thier tags because of a bug.

Thanks for the advice Fishy and lets hope for a last bug fix for V3.X or that V4 turns out to be solid.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-19-2005 at 01:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We will do our best to fix these issues for v4.

'Fuzzy Search' is useful if you do not have perfect tags...which is the norm for new users.
For example, when you click on the artist name "Tom Petty" it will also show songs by the artist "Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers" when Fuzzy Search is enabled.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Krobar

posted on 3-19-2005 at 12:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I understand that fuzzy search is useful for some people. A fix for those bugs would be superb :)
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-6-2005 at 06:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
We will do our best to fix these issues for v4.

'Fuzzy Search' is useful if you do not have perfect tags...which is the norm for new users.
For example, when you click on the artist name "Tom Petty" it will also show songs by the artist "Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers" when Fuzzy Search is enabled.

Up! :)
Krobar

posted on 6-16-2005 at 09:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
:) Number 1 seems to be fixed in the 3.98 beta but 2 & 3 remain.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-16-2005 at 11:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
#3 has been Fixed for v3.98 Final...which will be out soon.

#2 and the albumlist fuzzy search problems is a trickier issue...but i will see what i can do.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats