Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: album covers
ACE

posted on 10-22-2004 at 12:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
album covers

My album covers show up fine in the 'Up Next' screen, but are distorted in the 'Now Playing', and main 'album' screen. Some work, but most dont!?
ACE

posted on 10-22-2004 at 12:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Let me be a little more specific........
The 'small pictures' of the albums show up, but only a small fraction of the 'big pictures' are showing up. The pics are there, but they appear as an overblown distorted image. Kinda like a cross-hatch pattern.
Dyno Don

posted on 10-22-2004 at 12:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Known Issue

Ace,

Unfortunatley this is a known issue.
http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=1040

My friends jukebox is being destroyed by this bug. According to Audiosoft they will fix it in Ver 4. But they won't say how long that will be. I wish they would release a 3.97 that stops this maddening occurance. Even if it just stopped looking up albums it would be better than what is happening. 24 thousand songs. It will be very hard to fix.

Audiosoft? Listening?

Thanks

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-22-2004 at 05:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We are listening and are working hard on this problem.

Bad news is it is looking like everyone will be required to rebuild the music database under the next version in order to fix this problem and all eJukebox looked-up images will need to be looked-up and downloaded again.

Good news is the new lookup will get higher quality 24bit true color images instead of the current 8 bit 256 color images... now from a permanent source so it will not be possible for this problem to happen again. Plus the new lookup will give us the ability to have eJukebox automatically download much larger versions of the cover images in the future. We are also hoping to improve the database building and image caching speed and efficiency for everyone...particularly people using ID3 tag encoded cover images.

We should have a fix up by the end of next week.

Since this version will require a rebuild of the database...We are trying to decide if we should call this version v4.0 even though it does not have the new features we wanted to be in v4.0 implemented yet...and just add the new features to v4.x's.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dyno Don

posted on 10-22-2004 at 07:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Audiosoft.

Wow! A complete rebuild? I guess I can see why, but I have a lot of time invested in my eJukebox. Lots of songs.

I also have another copy running as a video jukebox. Tons of videos there. A lot of looking up.

eJukebox is by far the best and I will have no problem rebuilding when the time comes, just not looking forward to it. Maybe if the new source does a better look up job I won't have to touch every file again.

And on the naming. I know this eJukebox is great. But if I stumbled by and saw you were at version 3.96, I would think the software was buggy and needed lots of patches, not the enhancements you have made. I vote you drop the last digit. Make it 4.0 next. Then 4.1. Don't go 4.01. Hope I am not too confusing.

Don
Fishy

posted on 10-22-2004 at 07:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Personally I would call this a typical 3.97 thing.. Rebuilding or not..I think there are expectations for the transition from 3.x to 4.x to be accompanied by several new major features as well.. :p

But, the name set aside, the most important issue is that this nasty little bug get's fixed.. Just saw this bug in action and I really didn't enjoy it.. Sure a fix is quite welcome and that the baby will grow into a good one whatever you name it.. :D

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-23-2004 at 06:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We have made some progress on a temporary fix for this problem and have decided to wait until v4.0 to implement the new 24 bit color images.

v3.97 will be released by Monday, at the latest, and will fix the corrupted large images by simply using the available smaller images in their place. These smaller images will be auto-stretched to large size on the now playing panel and in the album list so there will be a slight loss of image quality. This will have no effect on users who have ID3 tag encoded images or cover.jpg images in the album's folder. Also, there will be no need to rebuild the music database.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dyno Don

posted on 10-23-2004 at 10:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fantastic!

That's great news. Not only do I support my two Ejukeboxes, I set one up for a friend who is just starting PCs. Hard to explain why it worked great at my place yet his has all these corrupted images. Since I built them with the same Directory structure (so Bookmarks could be exchanged), I thought I could take my "good" asn file over to his place. Yes it fixed his images, but now he has my popularity ratings. Not good. My wife likes music that is not popular at my friends. This will be wonderful.

Thanks, Audiosoft!!!

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-23-2004 at 10:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
v3.97 beta testers needed: http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=1063&page=1#pid5409

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats