Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Having issues with larger Icons
clavin42

posted on 10-7-2004 at 01:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Having issues with larger Icons

First I would like to say this is a great product. I just wish there was more information available about how it works and known issues.

I am having a problem with the CD icons. They will work when they are small (3 and 4 per row) but not when set at the largest. The icon in the left pane also does not work along with the larger icons when they are used in playlists.

I can not figure out what is going wrong. I have included a screen shot of the problem. Sometimes the picture will work when larger, but not most times. Most times it looks like it does in the included pic...

Thanks

clavin42 has attached this image:
issues.jpg - 160.76kb
noision

posted on 10-7-2004 at 05:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This issue just showed up for me in the 3.96 upgrade from 3.88
clavin42

posted on 10-7-2004 at 07:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
is there a patch expected for this or can I is it possible for me to drop down to the previous version?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-7-2004 at 08:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Unfortunately, the album lookup site eJukebox has always used stopped making large cover images available about a week ago....downgrading to v3.88 will do nothing except show no large image at all (when the large image was not already downloaded to eJukebox)...as it will try to download an image that no longer exists online. Also, the lookup itself no longer works in versions before v3.95.

v3.96 attempts to fix this problem by getting the large images from amazon.com (instead of the old server which no longer has large images) and if the image is not available on amazon it will resize the medium image to large size (though it looks like this resize is not working correctly for some users)....we are looking into this.

The best way to fix these albums is to use eJukebox's editor and INFO button to find the cover online and drag it to the eJukebox editor: to permanently encode the image itself inside the mp3's ID3 tag. Then click the SetImage4All button to encode the image in all the songs from the album. Doing that or using Tag&Rename is the best way to permanently setup your album covers.

eJukebox users that primarily use eJukebox's automatic cover lookup (instead of ID3 tag encoded or cover.jpg cover images) should:
Backup their ejuke.asn file as it has all your previously downloaded cover images inside...then use that backup file in any new eJukebox installations so when you build your database it will always be able to get the previously downloaded images from the ejuke.asn file. Rebuilding your music database does not delete these images from the ejuke.asn file.

v4.0 will switch the auto-lookup to use amazon.com's XML service so that it will only find album covers that have large images, as well as perform the lookup much faster and avoid problems like this in the future.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dyno Don

posted on 10-18-2004 at 11:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Quote:
v4.0 will switch the auto-lookup to use amazon.com's XML service so that it will only find album covers that have large images, as well as perform the lookup much faster and avoid problems like this in the future.

Audiosoft. Any eta for 4? I just set up a friends e jukebox and it had no images so it is looking up all. It is badly messed up. Should I rebuild it over again when we got to 4? How will I get rid of all the bad images?

Thanks,
Don
rllercstr7

posted on 10-19-2004 at 03:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Buy.com has small and large pictures for albums and I really haven't come across an album yet that they don't have. Maybe you could have an option to choose where eJukebox looks up the covers from. :D
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats