Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Ejukebox 4 wishlist
Fishy

posted on 3-12-2005 at 08:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
* Make the 'hide duplicates' in songlist optional.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
rllercstr7

posted on 3-13-2005 at 11:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I recently discovered the J. River Media center (http://www.jrmediacenter.com/) and saw quite a few features that would be nice in eJukebox. First of all the biggest thing is that the program supports the major TV tuner brands for viewing TV. It would be awsome if eJukebox could do this for those of us with tuner cards. It also has a mode you can enter made just for remotes and touch screens with huge buttons. It allows password protecting private content if you don't want it visible. Those are the two biggest things I would like to see in the future. Here is a picture of the theater interface with big buttons.

rllercstr7 has attached this image:
J River.jpg - 82.59kb
pathomas

posted on 4-5-2005 at 05:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I hope some time is put into the kiosk mode. I installed one for a hotel in the Los Angeles area and it made a hit. I have two more pending orders in california. You would be surprised how good the demand is for a jukebox with a basicly unlimited song capacity. and easy to use interface.

Thanks
Slimysam
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member pathomas's Aim pathomas's Yahoo
Fishy

posted on 4-18-2005 at 08:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just fooled a little around with the program mentioned above. It got a few features that I liked and quite a few issues I din't like. The features I liked was the ability to have *huge* images in the albumlist, as well being able to resize both the right and left panel.

Hopefully audiosoft will be able to do something about the albumlist resizeability and imagesizes when the work with the left panel and autolookup module is done :)
Maybe a larger edv would do the trick 1280x1024 or even 1600x1200. Go crazy :D

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
VWBUG

posted on 4-20-2005 at 09:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Space saving

Like most people I have duplicate tracks, due to compilations. It would be nice if you could store the track only once and link it to all albums that contain it, thus saving valuable HD space.
Demnos

posted on 4-21-2005 at 09:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I do this all the time. But then again, I have all my MP3s on a hard disk formatted with the Linux ext3 file system, where this linking is done directly by the file system.

But there is another problem: Even if the same track appears on several compilations, it will usually differ in some way (different mastering, different volume) so when you link tracks, then you may end up with sudden jumps in sound quality or volume.
Mr.Jones

posted on 8-28-2005 at 11:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I really would like to set the default Cover file... mine are called "folder.jpg", not "cover.jpg", and I don't intend to rename them all, because XP uses "folder.jpg" as well...

Speaking of the options dialogue: One central options dialogue would be nice, too. Everything is so cluttered.
It's the best looking, but also the hardest to work with I've seen.

Also, speed up the product, if possible, please.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-28-2005 at 01:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
> OK for "folder.jpg", if we keep "cover.jpg" too! :D
The best would be that the user can specify the name(s) he wants to use.

> Central options dialogue:
I think you are right. That would be more easy to add more options to eJukebox if the program would use the Windows standard boxes.
Maybe the core used by Audiosoft to program eJukebox is too old to display Windows XP style boxes? I don't know.
Unless that is intentional! :) I love the "Audiosoft style", but concerning the option menus maybe it's not essential? If that can speed up the program development...

Be that as it may, now there are many options, I think they would need more space to appear clearly, for the new users essentially!
Also now that the left pannel is resizable, when you enlarge it, the options pannel remain centred and appear as a bit cramped.

Maybe the version 4 would be the occasion to pass to standard options boxes?
That apply to:
- the program options (currently over the playlist)
- the albumlist options (?)
- the editor too?

Thank you for your participation Mr Jones. ;)

:cool: Pirk
Fishy

posted on 10-26-2005 at 09:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
up! :)

-----------
Fishy
Fishy

posted on 2-4-2006 at 07:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
* Get rid of the uneccassary (?) pause after shutting down ejukebox. As far as I can see this pause doesn't serve any purpose. My asn file doesn't grow to weird sizes, even though I have had to kill ejukebox from the taskmanager several times. Because it tends to hang and use all available cpu power on shutdown. The albumlist is cached while running the program anyhow, ratings are saved to tags. So my question is do we need this pause anymore? I've consistently killed ejukebox lately, and do not have any problems related to this. I hope it's not related to any psychopatalogy, just to the fact that this delay is not needed ;)

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-4-2006 at 10:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I must confess that I also kill eJukebox when I'm in a hurry...

rllercstr7

posted on 2-4-2006 at 11:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
me 3. It hangs my computer on shutdown a lot.
cbb77

posted on 2-17-2006 at 10:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not sure if this have been mentioned before but I'll mention it in any case. I would like to see another tab / listing of our saved playlists and songs within the playlist. I'm starting to create a few and it would be nice to see them listed (as in the album view tab). The file open dialog is old / windows like. Adding a separate tab that you can then browse the playlist songs would make the playlist function much cleaner looking and more integrated into the overall product. Just my two cents. ;)
Rollaboy

posted on 3-12-2006 at 10:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think when running in full screen mode it would be nice if it could show the clock.

I've made a preview of what it might could look like. Up in the right corner. It could be up in the middle center. What do you guys think?
http://www.home.no/nacho/other/scrnshot9.jpg

An by the way, what do you think of my "nocover.jpg"
image? I think it looks more stylish than the original headbanging animation. No offense. I think the eJ logo should appear some other place instead.
Fishy

posted on 3-12-2006 at 12:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I for one don't like thinking about time and the clock when trying to relax with music :) Seriously I don't like the thought of including items that are not relevant for ejukebox in the interface. It could clutter the interface and make it more confusing. However, I would not be against including some other relevant item in the suggested location (amount of albums in the list etc.).

I like your nocover.jpg image. Could you attach it in the forums? I might just as well include it in the arctic skin archive.

-----------
Fishy
Rollaboy

posted on 3-12-2006 at 02:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It would just be nice if there where a clock and when you moved your cursor over it, then the day,month,year should show..

i view at the clock very often. And i hate to wear wrist watch, and dont have a clock on my wall in the living room... soooo..

and when i'm going to use the jukebox, it is going to be in full screen and sometimes in kiosk mode.. and it would look stupid if i can se the windows taskbar where the clock shows down in the right corner..

But if some dont like it, you should be able to turn it off..

Btw, I will make a new topic in the skin area with the nocover.jpg ;)
Fishy

posted on 4-7-2006 at 07:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft:

Don't want to be stubborn, but I am getting more and more sure about that the database compression after ejukebox shutdown is not needed.

1. The database size is constant (even if I kill ejukebox consequently every time I shut it down).

2. All ratings/popularity stats are kept.

3. Several users have the same experiences.

Maybe you could add an option to remove it in the next version and see if anyone reports any problems? I am almost willing to give away a few fingers to see this behaviour disappear. It is really painful when you have a large database. Are there any good reasons to keep this process that I am not aware of?

-----------
Fishy
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-8-2006 at 12:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The database file size would get allot bigger if it no longer compressed the database. However, database compression is not the only thing done on shutdown. It also usually needs to update a few tags. If you kill eJukebox.exe it will just have allot more tags to update on the next shutdown. Believe me if it didn't have a purpose it wouldn't do it. When you shutdown windows with eJukebox open it skips the tag update and compression so that eJukebox.exe exits right away and windows shuts down. Tag updates that have not been done roll over until next eJukebox shutdown.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-8-2006 at 08:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
When you shutdown windows with eJukebox open it skips the tag update and compression so that eJukebox.exe exits right away and windows shuts down.

Not exactly Audiosoft: when you shutdown windows eJukebox closes rapidly, but windows doesn't shutdown, only eJukebox. You need to shutdown windows again, so twice!

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-8-2006 at 10:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

I don't think you need to click restart twice because of eJukebox since it exits right away. There was probally another program running on your system that didn't let windows shutdown the first time.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-8-2006 at 09:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, maybe you are right Audiosoft, but this problem ONLY occurs if eJukebox is still running when I shutdown my PC. Yes indeed, eJukebox (and the other possible programs) close down right away, but not my PC!

If I kill eJukebox - or if I take the time to close it normally, and that I wait until it has finished its odds and ends... - before to shutdown my PC then I don't have this problem. So every time that I'm in a hurry I kill eJ.. And I only need to kill eJ, not Winamp or any other program.

However I will try to check more.. though I'm sure since I suffer that almost every day! :(

Fishy

posted on 4-9-2006 at 01:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
But it if it is compacting the database? Why is the database size constant (unless I add albums)? Even if I let it compact or not? Once in a while I let ej finish normally and I can't see any functionality at that point.

Can you give me some details on which tags are updated?
You know every detail about this program, but I have not missed any tags related to: the internal editor, popularity, rating etc. due to this. So I can't see what tags I am missing due to killing ejukebox.

Sorry, but I am not convinced that ej would not function fine without the database compacting :) And it is really not enjoyable in a 3000 album database.

-----------
Fishy
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-9-2006 at 04:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fishy,

Are you sure the database stays the same size? Maybe it stays smaller due to getting compressed already. Also, the compression does not work on Win98.

The tags that sometime need to be updated at shutdown are popularity and automatic album cover lookups, especially after using the album list "Lookup Missing Covers" button. But as I said even if you kill ejukebox.exe it will pickup where it left off on next shutdown so your tags are up to date incase you need to rebuild.

If you just let ejukebox.exe finish up after shutdown it shouldn't take that long. If it finishes succesfully that means less of a wait the next time you shutdown eJukebox.

Spaca

posted on 4-12-2006 at 12:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My wish:
-Top album cover screensaver!
Screensaver which shows toplists with postion and album cover during you play music.
CiXel

posted on 4-12-2006 at 01:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, if we're going to go there, I'd rather had a screen saver that displays the album art of the current album along with the Name of the group, and the title of the currently playing song, not gliding across the screen, but staying put for a little bit and then moving slightly to a different position.
2n2r5

posted on 4-30-2006 at 03:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
linux port?

i bought eJukeBox several years ago and i am missing it now that i have renounced all microsoft applications. any chance that we might get a ported version for linux anytime soon?
rlailey

posted on 8-21-2006 at 09:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Turn-off cross-fade when playing whole album

Could it be possible to have control over the cross-fade function of Winamp 5 within eJukebox so that when an album is dragged and dropped into the playlist, this cross-fade is turned-off, hence playing like it would from a CD?
 Pages:  1  2
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats