Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Ejukebox 4 wishlist
Corrosionx

thumbup.gif posted on 1-14-2005 at 01:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ejukebox 4 wishlist

This is my wishlist for a future "hopefully" version of Ejukebox.

Those who've been reading this forum have seen the ideas of other people to better Ejukebox.. I still hope that Ejukebox will continue being the best jukebox program on the market.

-Being able to automatically generate top lists or album lists for your website, possibly in RSS

-A more complete web interface with album lists with thumbnails , easy navigation, FIREFOX SUPPORT, the ability to modify the web interface with CSS files. . If I had that ability I practically wouldn't use the main interface anymore...

-Being able to edit your mp3 files from a browser could effectively facilitate managing your collection and mass editing of songs.

-Also please fix the large image file problem in 2web 1.0 . It always generates a broken image. At least I set it to medium now and it works.

-There must be a way to keep a cache of the album list to not having it rebuilding every time, or maybe find a way to add what's new.

-Remote control support. I got a ATI Remote wonder and I'm dying to use it with Ejukebox. I can manage right now but it doesn't work with Ejukebox off focus and I can't change the "Up next" song with a hotkey.

I think features like these would be higher the bar for the competitors.

I encourage other users to add their own suggestions to this thread.
Fishy

posted on 1-14-2005 at 07:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nice initiative :). These are the ones that pop into mind right now:

1. Pirks suggested extenstions to the autoplay modes.

2. Separate soundtrack heading in the albumlist (ala compilations)

3. Ability to use 300x300 images in now playing panel

4. Larger playcontrols. A previous button and the visualisation button situated at a place in the Ui where it's more difficult to execute by accident.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
cbsoundman

posted on 1-14-2005 at 02:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am in total agreement, here.

The largest problem I have been having with the program is the amount of time the album list takes to build. Even with my dual 3.2GHz processors and 1GB of RAM, it takes more than 30 minutes to build the list and sometimes it completely locks up. I have already tried rebuilding the database several times, so I don't think that is it. I have 9,000+ MP3s.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 1-14-2005 at 04:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : cbsoundman
Even with my dual 3.2GHz processors and 1GB of RAM, it takes more than 30 minutes to build the list and sometimes it completely locks up ... I have 9,000+ MP3s.

I have a similar configuration (3GHz processor, 1GB of RAM), but it "only" takes 2 minutes to build the albumlist. And I have 25,000+ MP3s (1,900+ albums).
So i think you have a problem with your PC, cbsoundman. :o
timmyotoole

posted on 1-14-2005 at 05:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
albumlist

i only have a 2.0ghz with 1gb of ram and it takes a minute 30 secs to load 16,000 mp3's.

i suggest a defrag, scandisk, some type of registry scanner.

i used to have the same problem cause it would take 30 mins to do the album list so i went through norton utilities and it went to a miute and a half.

If Nothing We Do Matters...
Then All That Matters Is What We Do
junk

posted on 1-14-2005 at 11:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The "do not play this mp3 in auto mode" function, for individual mp3s, albums and artists.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
rllercstr7

posted on 1-15-2005 at 02:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Corrosionx I also have an ATI Remote Wonder and am able to control eJukebox. In Winamp there is an option to allow hotkeys to work when it is not in focus. Then just program those keys into the remote. I haven't used the native ATI software in a long time, so I am not sure if it is capable of the key combos. I use a program called uICE instead and it does a fine job once you learn to use it. You can give it a try, here's the link: http://www.mediatexx.com/ :D
Corrosionx

posted on 1-17-2005 at 02:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the tips..

I used uIce back in the days with a serial IR remote receiver... did weird stuff with my TV remote control.. :)

Anyways I thought about a couple of other things.

-Being able to get the lyrics in the web interface (yes i copy the lyrics in my mp3s :)

-An extended custom mode for Autoplay. Where you can subscract more genres for autoplay then right now...

-Maybe even save the filters and change it on the fly... From the web interface too.

-Choosing playlists from the Web interface as well

-Direct download links for the web interface :)

-Some level of security and even a userbase for the web interface wouldn't be too much either, right?

-If somehow Ejukebox could get hotkeys from a command line interface, you could use it with a remote control software like uIce to control ejukebox even when its not in focus...

-Could rendering ejukebox in the overlay be possible? It would be nice to have ejukebox in my tv-out. Currently my Winamp Advanced Visualisation Studio renders in the overlay and it brings the nice trippy effects right on my tv...

-Mozilla support, PLEASE!!! Find some other way to do the Web interface than ActiveX. Make it anything else.. Then you could have EJukebox in a sidebar or in a tab! Much better than having a iexplore.exe running on my pc :)

Let's let it all out
ochristmas

posted on 1-17-2005 at 12:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have to say I think this year might be make or break for eJukebox. There is so much competition now and with Media Centre PCs really taking off there is a lot of temptation. I think the core development must be speed and stability. For me I think it is already pretty stable but I know other people have issues. Speed though is a slight issue - you do get the feeling that its slightly clunky. I would love to see it streamlined. Anyway just my though ts.

By the way - happy new year everyone!
stsirois

posted on 1-17-2005 at 08:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by ochristmas
I have to say I think this year might be make or break for eJukebox. There is so much competition now and with Media Centre PCs really taking off there is a lot of temptation. I think the core development must be speed and stability. For me I think it is already pretty stable but I know other people have issues. Speed though is a slight issue - you do get the feeling that its slightly clunky. I would love to see it streamlined. Anyway just my though ts.

By the way - happy new year everyone!

I agree with ochristmas. eJ was cool & innovative before the recent invasion of new media center software started coming out. I've been guilty of longingly looking towards another solution in the form of Meedio. Though it will take some work, Meedio has the ability to let the user design his own jukebox to his tastes. The wife & I have been getting irked by the strange album/artists relationships in eJ (I think much of it has to do with compilations), so I've had to venture out looking for a new jukebox system. Unfortunately for Audiosoft, most of the jukeboxes out there now are integrated tightly with other media center applications, so it can be controlled easily with a remote. I can integrate eJ with Meedio, but it's look is not consistent with the rest of Meedio & I can only navigate the controls with the mouse buttons on my remote.

On the bright side, no other application that I've seen provides the Top played albums/artists/songs feature. Also, the market is still very young for jukebox software, so eJ still has a chance to make it. Maybe a merger with a larger media company may help? I dunno...I do know that Audiosoft has many features to add if it wants to compete with the big boys in the next year or so.

Steve
jhlurie

posted on 1-22-2005 at 04:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm almost afraid to add to a version 4 wishlist, because there's been no news on a release date. It makes me a bit nervous that the more we weigh things down, the less likely we are to get ANY forward motion.

Can we call this a version 5 wishlist and just hope for 4 soon?
Fishy

posted on 1-25-2005 at 12:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Your concern is a shared one :(

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
MTownley

posted on 1-25-2005 at 12:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It probably doesn't help their business scheme that the music engine, Winamp, is basically a dying product

:(
MTownley

posted on 1-25-2005 at 12:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
After posting the last post, I thought I would check out the winamp site, and according to the forums AOL have employed some new coders, so maybe it isn't quite dead yet.

At least I hope not :o
Spazz

posted on 1-25-2005 at 08:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
All it needs is for winamp to play the mp3. Even if it dies it isn't a big setback. Just host an exe or install with Ejukebox.

http://area51.gerpok.com/song/spazz.png
jhlurie

posted on 1-26-2005 at 03:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by MTownley
It probably doesn't help their business scheme that the music engine, Winamp, is basically a dying product

How so? What are people using instead? Windows Media Player? What?
Fishy

posted on 1-26-2005 at 11:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
God forbid :)

-----------
Fishy
steve_f

posted on 1-27-2005 at 01:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
there is no other player out there with the simplicity and power of winamp (for the windows enviroment).

it is an excellent API for such a very small memory footprint, and therefore can support almost every audio format available, becuase of plugins and addons.

eJukebox is basically just a frontend to winamp. and an awesome one at that. there is not much that can be improved upon in the UI (imho).

there is only one place that could be developed that would make this application shine above all others ... and that is built-in multi-user capabilities. make eJukebox the frontend to a multi-user database of the music store (with album covers), each client running the frontend with real-time updates at every client.
Fishy

posted on 2-12-2005 at 07:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If there are any <b>interests of it from the developers hand</b> (as the requested features forums kindof grows out of hand). I would like to see a collective effort to make a "summary" of all requested features for 4.0 in this thread... A top 50 wishlist or something..

That is if the program is still under development, but I am sure that the developers are professional enough to let their loyal users know if the opposite was true.. (sorry for my concerns)

No matter what happens I will personally use this brilliant software for years to come. As it over several aspects is, and will continue to be, superiour to all other software of this kind.

-----------
Fishy
jhlurie

posted on 2-12-2005 at 03:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
That is if the program is still under development,

I think just seeing an acknowledgement that it IS will be enough to start.
Fishy

posted on 2-12-2005 at 08:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Where did you read that acknowledgement?

-----------
Fishy
jhlurie

posted on 2-14-2005 at 12:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
All I said is that SEEING one would be enough. It hasn't happened yet.
Fishy

posted on 2-14-2005 at 02:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah.. Sorry my fault.. Misunderstood the sentence a little ;) Agree 100 % by the way.

-----------
Fishy
noision

posted on 2-16-2005 at 07:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Time out custom messages requested

Thank you Audiosoft for implementing my request to have a time out for numbers of songs within numbers of seconds in kiosk mode.

My associated new request is that I be able to custom load the text that comes in the pop-up time out box.

i.e. "two songs max, please let someone else pick some songs"

or whatever . . .

THANKS!
Fishy

posted on 2-16-2005 at 09:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
* An easy way to export the albumlist and homeview to html..

* Possibility to switch through top albums in the homeview. So one can see number 6,7,8,9,10...n. Same goes for top songs. Maybe In the same way as the top artists works now.

* The 'artist field' in the songlist takes up a lot of room. Is it possible to reduce it a little? And use the gained space for songinformation, for instance durability and bitrates..

* An interesting discussion in this post
Both the design and having more than one 'up next song' seems appealing..

* Maybe a shuffle and random button in the play controls.

*Some of the functions from the playlist menu could be nice to have on rightclick in playlist. For instance 'clear playlist' 'randomize playlist' etc.

*Ability to disable the building of cache at the end of albumlist loading. Or even better, make the cache build without locking up the interface. This could increase speed of albumlist loading for huge album collections.

*Maybe a function which could clear all popularity stats from the mp3 tags. This could take a awful long time, but a warning could be included in the interface for this function.

*The suggested .ini file alike system for different sound formats. So editing and popularity stats for formats like ape, ogg and wma actually got saved.

-----------
Fishy
Dyno Don

posted on 2-17-2005 at 01:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That's a great list. Is Audiosoft not responding? I haven't been by in a while. I check the home page. Still 3.97. Does anyone have any info on a future ejuke? Or is it dead? That's too bad if true. The popularity list feature does not seem to be in any other player.

Thanks, Don
Fishy

posted on 2-17-2005 at 04:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If you read a little of the latest posts, you'll see that it is still under development. Seems like 4.0 will be around April :)

-----------
Fishy
Dyno Don

posted on 2-17-2005 at 10:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Fishy,

I guess the posts I read were the wrong ones!!
http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=1156&page=1#pid5813

You see he went 16 days with nothing. Understandable to worry don't you think?

Good news!!

Thanks for responding... Gooooo eJukebox! My Video Jukebox keeps expanding and without eJ I could not handle them all.

Don
Fishy

posted on 2-18-2005 at 04:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yepp :) If you read some of my latest posts I you'll see that I was kindof worried myself.. I think most of the active forum members where quite happy after reading audiosoft latest posts. Why not posts a summary of your video requests in the 4.0 wishlist? ;)

-----------
Fishy
T-MuG

posted on 2-21-2005 at 11:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
First of all, I agree with the streamlining suggestion. I have ejukebox on a P450 and with around 8000 songs and the artist list hangs quite often when scrolling. This brings me to my most desired feature: a way to reinstall immediately. I have 4 computers and would like to change to another at a whim. I understand the creators don't want their product stolen, but if it gets popular enough someone will make a key generator or crack anyway. Don't treat your paying customers like criminals. Maybe you could have a unique identifier for each customer's copy. Then, if it shows up on the net you could sue whoever shared their copy. Kind of like what they are doing with movies now. Sometimes piracy can be good advertisement also. Some who download it would pay. I'm guessing most of the people who bought it already would have paid for it even if it was pirated on the net. I know I would have.

T-MuG
 Pages:  1  2
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats