Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: eJukebox at optimum performance
ollielaroo

posted on 10-28-2007 at 10:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox at optimum performance

Hi guys,

eJukebox is an excellent Jukebox - I bought the lifetime licence straight after my trial expired. I work in IT Support myself and am delighted to know eJukebox exists!

I'm wondering what eJukebox would be like when it's given the chance to perform at it's best (no offence to any of the eJukebox development team).
What I mean is, should eJukebox run/perform better if I have a high spec PC?

Specs of my current PC:

AMD Athlon 1.3GHz
784MB RAM
Hercules 64MB Graphics
60GB HDD (13,000 mp3s stored on USB external drive)
Win XP

At present when I use eJukebox it can be a little sticky or it might take a few seconds when 'Caching album list'. I don't expect eJukebox to run like Windows Vista, graphics etc.

What would be the optimal hardware/software setup for a PC to allow eJukebox to perform at it's best?

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
Many thanks and keep up the good work!!

ollie
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-29-2007 at 08:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
CPU and RAM are very important but I would say the most influential item that effects performance is the speed of the main hard drive that windows and eJukebox is installed on. So optimum performance would entail the main drive either be a 10,000 rpm or faster disk or a Solid State or RAM drive.

There are of course different options in eJukebox that you can enable/disable to get better performance with your current hardware. I.E. Enabling 'Run in Ram' and Disabling the carousel and animations to make lists load faster. Also you may want to consider temporarily disabling antivirus software when your machine is offline since antivirus is known to slow hard drive i/o.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ollielaroo

posted on 11-3-2007 at 12:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Audiosoft,

I appreciate your reply.

I was looking at what some guy called Steve said here

"It is NOT the perfect Jukebox i dreamed it would be when i started building it. Dont get me wrong its not bad, its just not perfect.
My Database has around 10,000 songs on it, and the GUI of eJukebox is quite fiddly when using the touch screen. Its fine when selecting songs from the top 10 lists and stuff, but when scrolling the software is a nightmare to use. The standard List box type interface is not really ideal for a touch sensitive. Its too small, too fiddle, and sometimes i revert to mouse operations because it gets sooo frustration when trying to find an artist out of of the 3000 i have.
The software needs VERY careful consideration when aiming at a pure touch screen interface. Navigating and finding things needs to be redesigened with large touchable buttons, not list box scroll bars.
If the software has already been redesigned then GREAT. Hopefully I'll be able to download the "Touch Screen" version of eJukebox and my dream will be complete.
Hope this critisim is seen as construcive.
Steve"

I feel that if I ever try to setup my own e-jukebox touchscreen I may need the appropriate spec PC and maybe a 19" screen. This I imagine would offer good performance and ease of use, altogether a more pleasant experience.

Ollie
devilsmaster

posted on 11-20-2007 at 08:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The speed is also depends on the processor and the ram. I will suggest you to upgrade your processor to 2.4 Ghz as the database is having 10000 songs which make the computer slow. try to place your database on the other drives than C:.:cool:

Please visit my blog on
PSP Video Games
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats