Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: no compilation type albums will show up??
tyweed

posted on 9-20-2004 at 09:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
no compilation type albums will show up??

Hello, i did my best to hunt down the answer to this question before i went bugging you guys. I have a bunch of folders that are compilations of a particular groups songs. These are not showing up anywhere in the albums list?

I used tag&rename to make sure artist are set, and i also put compilation in the album tag. i'm not sure what else to do? I have a bunch of these i need to get up. Also once i do get them to show up.Is there a way to get them to show up with the particular group instead of the compilation section that is towards the top.
tyweed

posted on 9-20-2004 at 09:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
forgot

I forgot to mention that they are in the artist list but not in the albums section. How can i get that artists compilation made by m e into the ablums section
rllercstr7

posted on 9-20-2004 at 10:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am not totally sure about this, but try tinkering with the options at the top of the album page. Tell it to show all albums and set the number limitation to 1 for both containing and missing cover art. Also try clicking on the button that says lookup missing cover images in that same menu. Do you have album art for all of them and do they all have an album defined in their tags? If not go somewhere like buy.com find the album and set the covers manually and see what happens. When you select these artists from the artist menu and play their songs do the covers appear? I hope this helps :)
tyweed

posted on 9-21-2004 at 10:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
see problem is it is a compilation of different album for a particular group. it would take me forever to find out which song came from what album is this the problem you think?
rllercstr7

posted on 9-21-2004 at 11:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, if you don't know what album the songs came from then neither does eJukebox. Also a compilation is an album containing songs from more than one artist. eJukebox lists all compilations first in the album view. You need to edit your tags and figure out what song goes on what album. Also make sure the songs have the right name, because it is impossible for eJukebox to find the covers for songs that don't exist. The default setting for eJukebox is to look up covers is by song title and artist, so something must be wrong in the tag or it would find the cover even without the album name. Do you have automatic cover lookup enabled in the options menu? Please answer the questions I asked you in that last post, because it is hard to help you if you don't. Those were: "Do you have album art for all of them and do they all have an album defined in their tags? If not go somewhere like buy.com find the album and set the covers manually and see what happens. When you select these artists from the artist menu and play their songs do the covers appear?"
tyweed

posted on 9-22-2004 at 01:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok no i don't have album covers for those compilations because i made the mix's myself.they are not comercial compilations. ok lets say this if i had lets use green day for example, A mix of my favorite greenday songs and it was in a folder called greenday mix. and i don't have the time to tell it each songs specific album identification. Could i somehow get this folder to appear in albums list with no picture needed just saying greenday mix then i'll add custom image later. how would i add that folder to make it appear. i alreadywent in tagged them artist "green day" album "compilation" that did not do the trick
rllercstr7

posted on 9-22-2004 at 02:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Click on the albums tab at the top, there is a little box that says options. Click on it and then "show all albums". I beleive that should do what you want, but am not sure since mine all have covers.

Also do this and tell me what happens:
right click on a song -> edit song
you should see the eJukebox tag editor
click on "auto Album Image Lookup"
select by "artist, song"
it should find the cover without the album being listed. Did it work?

I did exactly this with two Green Day songs (When I Come Around & Good Riddance[Time Of Your Life]). Both times eJukebox found covers for them.
Demnos

posted on 9-27-2004 at 12:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
tyweed, I think you are doing everything correct, but I would recommend that you don't call the album "compilation". It seems that eJukebox thinks that anything with "compilation" in it must be a "various artists" type of collection. Try to call it something else, e.g. "tyweed-mix", that should do the trick...
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats