Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: eJukebox Password Method
rllercstr7

smile.gif posted on 8-23-2004 at 09:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox Password Method

Does Audiosoft have plans to change the way passwords to their program are handled. As far as I can understand, everytime you need to reformat you have to send them your new ID for a new password. Correct? I understand that this method cuts down on piracy, but once I buy it I like to feel like its mine forever, as it should be. I now have less than 10 days left of my trial and I wouldn't call this a perk to the program. What if years from now I need a new password and Audiosoft has moved on? Is there a plan for 4.0 or a version in the near future to remove this annoyance and give permanant reg codes or something to this effect? Thank You! Adam :)
steve_f

posted on 8-24-2004 at 04:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
it is a problem.

i tried for a new password for 17 days. then finally got one on Friday. Then, on Sunday i decided to upgrade my 80Gig HD to a 120Gig because i only had 10Gig left.

i thought it would be smarter to wait to enter the new code until AFTER i did the upgrade.

stupid stupid stupid me.

now the code they finally sent me does NOT work and the Application ID Number has changed ...

this system JUST DOES NOT WORK.
rllercstr7

posted on 8-26-2004 at 08:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft I would really appriciate a reply to this thread. Thanks
steve_f

posted on 8-28-2004 at 03:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
i now have 8 days left to register before the software i paid for dies. no reply yet to my most recent request for a new app. id.
ochristmas

posted on 8-28-2004 at 09:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Unfortunately I have to agree - I normally thought people that complain about the registration system just werent contacting Audiosoft in the correct way. However have reformatted my harddisk I have contacted Audiosoft via the web form including all details. After a week nothing - so I instant messaged them - still nothing. To have a product that you have purchased that is unusuable is verging on the illegal.

Please Audiosoft - help us out...
steve_f

posted on 8-29-2004 at 08:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
this is very whacky!
still no response!
rllercstr7

posted on 8-29-2004 at 10:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah it is. I even sent them a U2U message asking them to please respond to the thread. :(
stsirois

posted on 8-30-2004 at 12:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
:mad::mad::mad:

I've tried to request a new registration code over the past two weeks now without any luck. I had to reformat my HTPC a little over a month ago, so this weekend, I was without my eJukebox. :(

If Audiosoft is too busy to respond to their emails to provide registration codes, then the process needs to be made simpler/easier for the user. It is ridiculous that users have to be denied the use of their product that they have already PAID FOR!!@$#

I am not a not an eJ newbie nor is ochristmas, so this is not a problem with newbies or pirates trying to take advantage of the registration system.

Please help us Audiosoft! We really want to use eJukebox & spread the word of its brilliance!!

Thanks,
Steve
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-30-2004 at 05:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This is becoming a problem because we get tons of requests for new reg codes and we do not have the time to check them and respond every day...as we get allot of fake requests from people that never ordered eJukebox that we have to weed out...and we are busy working on eJukebox.

The current registration system works fine and always preserves your registration status when you download eJukebox updates.... as long as you do not format your hard drive. However, eJukebox users for some reason seem to love formatting discs and reinstalling windows all the time....

So from now on: Reg code requests will ALL be replied to On the 1st and 15th of each month...which gives you plenty of time to get a new code before your new 30 day trial expires on your newly formatted drive.

We are also thinking about setting up a way to give users a new code in real-time on our website, for those who need a code right away or who want to add another computer to their license...we would have to charge something via credit card or paypal to prevent people from abusing it. You would enter your previous Application ID#...your name and email and the registration code we last gave you...Then it would give you access to get a new pro code immediately for a $15 donation towards eJukebox's development. If anyone is interested in this let us know and we will set it up.

We are currently against creating a new - permanent code - registration system for v4.0 because, if we did, everyone would lose their current registration when they upgrade to v4.0... so it would require that everyone buy v4.0 at full price to get an account instead of getting a free upgrade....plus it would require that the copy of eJukebox be connected to the internet in order to be registered.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rllercstr7

posted on 8-30-2004 at 08:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, looking back at what I first wrote maybe I gave you the wrong impression of exactly what I was trying to say. Your password method is a great way to stop piracy as long as you are always there to back up your pruduct. If there came a time in the future that you were no longer avaliable to manually send us a new password, would you create a way for your customers to always have access to what they have bought? (For example an exe that always generates the same application ID). I hope that time will never come as eJukebox is really revolutionary and you should be commended for your superb work. I only ask this, because within the last year I bought a shareware program that seems to have died in terms of development and I can no longer contact the developer in any way. I just don't want to be left in the dark again.
Thanks, Adam
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-30-2004 at 09:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

If there came a time in the future that you were no longer avaliable to manually send us a new password, would you create a way for your customers to always have access to what they have bought?
Don't worry...we do not plan on stopping eJukebox development any time soon. If we ever do, we would first update eJukebox one last time to make it accept a single permanent code that would be the same for everyone, work forever and not require an application ID#....then we would email everyone that ordered eJukebox in the past this final reg code. That final code would probally end up spreading across the net to make eJukebox essentially free for those who look for the code online instead of ordering to get it on our website.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stsirois

posted on 8-31-2004 at 01:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
So from now on: Reg code requests will ALL be replied to On the 1st and 15th of each month...which gives you plenty of time to get a new code before your new 30 day trial expires on your newly formatted drive.

Audiosoft,

I know it's not the first of the month yet, but could you please send me a registration code? My trial has expired while waiting for a new code.

Thanks,
Steve
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-31-2004 at 09:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
stsirois,

We just sent out all the replies to reg code requests today...a day early....so check your email.

steve_f

posted on 8-31-2004 at 10:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
maybe i could do it for you. send me the history info and forward the email requests and i'll take care of it daily.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-1-2004 at 01:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the offer :D....but we can't give out private info on all our registered users.

stsirois

posted on 9-1-2004 at 09:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Audiosoft!! Received the reg code. Off to snuggle with my working eJukebox.:D

Steve
blackcat

posted on 10-18-2004 at 11:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

Audiosoft,

Did you send out new reg code requests this month? I requested one as the result of a reformat and haven't received anything after either the 1st or 15th of the month?

Many thanks
rllercstr7

posted on 10-18-2004 at 04:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, I was wondering the same thing as blackcat, because I also had a request in before the 15th for a new code after a reformat. Thanks!
blackcat

posted on 10-22-2004 at 12:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by blackcat
Quote:

Audiosoft,

Did you send out new reg code requests this month? I requested one as the result of a reformat and haven't received anything after either the 1st or 15th of the month?

Many thanks

Audiosoft,

Any chance of a new registration code? I've only a few days left before my 30 days are up. I've already requested a new code twice.

Many thanks
blackcat

posted on 10-24-2004 at 01:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Audiosoft,

Many thanks

Audiosoft,

Any chance of a new registration code? I've only a few days left before my 30 days are up. I've already requested a new code twice.

Many thanks

Audiosoft,

Could you please post a response.
rllercstr7

posted on 10-24-2004 at 01:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I second that, the forums say you have visited today. Can you please give us an answer. I can understand if there are lots of requests to fill, but it has now been 9 days since the 15th. It is not fair to deney people what they paid $50 for. Thanks
blackcat

posted on 10-26-2004 at 12:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by rllercstr7
I second that, the forums say you have visited today. Can you please give us an answer. I can understand if there are lots of requests to fill, but it has now been 9 days since the 15th. It is not fair to deney people what they paid $50 for. Thanks

Another day without a response. I must say that eJukebox is the only software that I have this issue with. Audiosoft - you seriously need to have a rethink about this!!!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-26-2004 at 04:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Reg codes for requests made via the Update Reg Request form on our order page are sent out on the 1st and 15th of the month as long as the info you put into the request form allows us to verify that you have ordered before.

Quote:

Yes, we sent out the new reg codes on the 1st and 15th of the month. So if you make a request between the 16th-31st you will receive a new code on the 1st....if you request a new code between the 2nd-15th you will get one on the 15th.

Quote:

i tried for a new password for 17 days. then finally got one on Friday. Then, on Sunday i decided to upgrade my 80Gig HD to a 120Gig because i only had 10Gig left.

This means you got a new 30 day trial...so you have full use of eJukebox for that long and will receive your new code way before the trial runs out.

New codes will be sent out in 6 days on November 1st.

rllercstr7

posted on 10-26-2004 at 06:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well,
Lately I have been having a pretty bad time with my computer and between the 1st and 14th I put in for 2 new codes due to two reformatts. I didn't get any response at all on the 15th. Can you tell me if you have recieved my request? Thanks (Do you need me to PM you the info to check?)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-26-2004 at 06:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, please u2u us your name, email address and the Application ID# you need a code for...so that we can check

blackcat

posted on 10-27-2004 at 12:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

I also didn't receive a response on the 15th. Can I also send you a U2U?

Many thanks
rllercstr7

smilegrin.gif posted on 10-27-2004 at 03:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Many Thanks Audiosoft! :D
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats