Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: I think Ejukebox is about to get more popular..
Kimper

posted on 8-10-2004 at 11:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think Ejukebox is about to get more popular..

With the news that 4.0 will allow us HDTV HTPC users a full screen mode I am starting to spread the Ejukebox gospel.

I posted this over on the Meedio (myHTPC replacement) site.

Quote:

I have a great solution for those needing a Winamp plugin for Meedio.
You also get my favorite (so far) HTPC music menu in the process (and I have tried them all).

Checkout EJukebox at www.audiosoft.net.

It is a very slick winamp frontend with very readable across the room menus (enable giant text). It automatically downloads coverart, easily allows full screen visualizations (milkdrop, etc). You get everything winamp has including ASIO support plus an interface that I think is superior to Meedio's for seeing your collection and playlist control. It even has some nice random modes that play songs based on popularity and such.

The only caveat is lack of a full-screen mode that doesnt mess with your nice tweaked powerstrip settings. However, this feature is coming in the next release 4.0 I am told.

I simply made a program module to launch the app from Meedio. The interface pops up on top of Meedio and in the current itteration of the program it fills about 3/4 of the central screen viewing area. I have milkdrop set to launch in "fake full screen mode" and have had great success with this so far.

I still need to make a firefly profile to control Ejukebox, but I really love this format to use Winamp inside meedio. The only bummer is you have to buy Ejukebox after the 30 day trial... But wth, looks like you have to buy everything these days (jab intended) :)

Leeme know what you guys think of Ejukebox. I haven't bought it yet, but I certainly am planning on doing so.

Maybe I can hit Audiosoft up for a discount if this generates the interest that I think it will :)

Regards

--- Kimper
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats