Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Shop.AudioSoft.NET Beta now online
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-6-2004 at 12:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Shop.AudioSoft.NET Beta now online

Check out our beta CD/DVD store at:
http://shop.audiosoft.net

This site features the ability to search and buy products from Amazon.com...and unlike Amazon it shows Large Product Images on Product Pages. It also features Track # Listings, Reviews, etc....all at blazingly fast speed.

This store will eventually be used for the default Album and Artist Info Links in eJukebox and as a way to lookup Album images. Allot of work still needs to be done...let us know what you think and if you have any suggestions.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fishy

posted on 8-6-2004 at 01:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Looks great. A big potential to be unleashed over there. Very responsive and clean looking. Great to hear that you're planning to use this resource directly from ejukebox as well.. Keep it up :)
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-6-2004 at 12:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Very interesting your shop at amazon.com with large images... I just would like you include amazon.fr site too! :)
Do you consider to add the non-US amazon sites too?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-6-2004 at 08:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We will probably add a way to switch between the de, uk, us stores....Unfortunately those are the only 3 countries currently available through Amazon's web services...no fr possibility yet.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-6-2004 at 08:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah OK, what a shame! :( I hope that web services for France will be added very soon! (at the prompting of our kindly government... as they act for that at present!!)
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-6-2004 at 09:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
But, Audiosoft! :) I think they are already web services at amazon.fr, no? http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/subst/associates/join/associates.html/ref=mk_as2_h_3_1/402-3164568-7272168
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-6-2004 at 09:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, do you want i join amazon.fr for you? (We could share the commissions. :D)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-6-2004 at 09:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
:D Hmm...Do you know if there is a way to access the XSLT server for fr?

When I try to use "fr" instead of "us" for the locale= I get an error and it says locales can only be: de us or uk

http://xml-na.amznxslt.com/onca/xml3?t=audiosoftnetw-20&dev-t=D33U9QUBB1LUSJ&page=1&type=heavy&offer=All&locale= fr&sort=+salesrank&f=http://www.audiosoft.net/asin-to-html-109.xsl&BrowseNodeSearch=301668&mode=music

I know you can setup an associates account for fr but i am not sure if that is only for static links directly to amazon.fr or if there is really a way to access the fr XML content yet like you can for us, uk, and de

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-6-2004 at 10:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah, odd... It may be the "french touch" lol

I don't know why that don't work? :( They said it's possible to join even from foreign countries.

I think you should register from the french amazon site.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-6-2004 at 10:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Right now we are planning on joining amazon associates for each country and then add a way to choose the country on shop.audiosoft.net....

shop.audiosoft.net would always search the usa amazon database...then it would use the product's ASIN number to forward you to the correct amazon country site to order.

How do you feel about this? Are there allot of CDs on amazon.fr that are not on amazon.com?

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-6-2004 at 10:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, i really hope that you will manage to search in the french amazon site too, because YES, there are allot of CDs on amazon.fr that are not on amazon.com!

Unfortunately, they are very few of the French artists who are influential in the USA... So we have many local artists who are only on amazon.fr.

Maybe you could ask to the amazon.fr guys why the xml service don't work on their site? and urge them a bit... ;)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-6-2004 at 10:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: Well, i really hope that you will manage to search in the french amazon site too

I hope so too.

Just added a nice feature to shop.amazon.com

You can click the "Listen" link above an Album's track list to stream all the available tracks.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-6-2004 at 10:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Waow, great! The listen feature work very good! :D Especially as now i have a fast internet connection... :)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-8-2004 at 04:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Updated http://shop.audiosoft.net some more...you can now listen to the audio clips inside the page and it currently automatically starts playing all the samples when you enter a cd's details.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-8-2004 at 08:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah OK, :o very nice! :D

But currently the streaming is not very good: i have the hourglass on my screen, it freeze a bit and not many music to hear! While my connection capacity is not used...
junk

posted on 8-8-2004 at 10:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hm, i am impressed by the large coverimage and the preview tracks!

One thing that would be an interesting feature, could be eductational and might generate sales for you, would be if you actually could get a listing as in eJ. Alphabetically, and in one, long list. This way, users could easily compare their own eJ collection with what exists out there, and they would easily if there was an album they lacked.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-8-2004 at 10:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
+1, good idea! :)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-12-2004 at 10:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We have created and are considering using a large menu for accessing different product categories/music genres for the eJukebox album info/shopping site...the menu may be a little slow to load but once it is loaded it will stay loaded in a left hand frame while you use it to browse departments.

Check it out at: http://audiosoft.net/storebrowser/

We are interested to know if users like the product menu system or prefer the single page layout at: http://shop.audiosoft.net

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-13-2004 at 06:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I prefer the new layout (storebrowser). :)

It just miss the artist names (on the top of each cover image, or maybe only once in the header?) when albums are sorted by artist... :o
ochristmas

posted on 8-13-2004 at 11:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I hate to be a cynic - but I cant understand the point. Why use a reskinned Amazon when you can use the real thing? Amazon does what it does very well,: sells books and music etc; if they started marketting AmazonJukebox - I would laugh that off too... hmmmmm
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-13-2004 at 11:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

RE: It just miss the artist names (on the top of each cover image, or maybe only once in the header?) when albums are sorted by artist...

The problem with the artist names not showing when sorting the menu's results by artist name is that the albums at the start of the list - do not have an artist name (which is why they come up first)...there are also some other problems with the sort option....we are still working on trying to fix the issues but some may not be able to be resolved until Amazon Web Services v4.0 is released....so we may have to end up removing the option to Sort for now.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-13-2004 at 11:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ochristmas,

RE: Why use a reskinned Amazon when you can use the real thing?

Fair question...we are not working on the Amazon store in the belief that tons of people are going to use it to buy stuff....we are however expecting it will help eJukebox's sales because the default eJukebox quicklink for albums will be the album info on our store site with the LARGE album image and the audio preview....instead of a plain Google search...even if you prefer allmusic.com or something else for the quicklink - it will make it nicer for first time users who do not know how to edit the quicklinks to have our site with the album details instead of Google.

It would be nice if we got some sales from the shopping site to supplement eJukebox's development....but we are not expecting that...we do however want to make the site easier to browse and have larger images for products than Amazon....even if we can't get all the features that Amazon.com offers right now

junk

posted on 8-14-2004 at 09:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I enjoy the storebrowser allready. Pity it takes so long to load. I've never used Amazon.com to surf for music, i used to use Allmusic.com, but their new design is horrible, slow, and lacking information, compared to the old design. So far, i enjoy surfing through the genres. Only wish for the option of having the entries coming come up alphabetically, and in one list. :)
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats