Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: LCD panels...
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-19-2004 at 01:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
LCD panels...

I would be curious to know how eJukebox looks on LCD panels?
I mean if the native resolution of the panel is superior to 1024x768, like most of the actual 17" panels supplied with new PCs...

I plan to eventualy buy a such screen, but do you think it's a good idea, or will i be disappointed?

I fear the album covers will look to small on a 1280x1024 screen?
And i know that would be a disaster for all the text parts in any other non-native resolution... So i don't know?

Unless i pivot the panel in portrait mode, so the resolution will be 1024x1280! :)
I think that could be interesting with eJukebox, as it is already possible to resize the window vertically, it should be possible to fill all the screen, no?

Is there someone who is experienced with a LCD panel or even a laptop screen? When he run eJukebox on it of course!!

Audiosoft,
Do you plan something new for LCD panel owners in future?

Thanks.
Fishy

posted on 7-19-2004 at 06:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk.. Got no experiences with ej on Lcd screens, but I run at a fairly high resolution: 1600x1200 on a crt monitor.

Screenshots can be found here and there in the forum :) A few in the skin section I guess.. Just imagine those at a much clearer and better display and you have your new LCD screen in action :D

I Think ej looks quite neat on higher resolutions, but of course a little smaller albumimages than on 1024x768 for instance.. The fonts and buttons also get smaller of course, but as you know this can in general be changed trough skinning ... As with everything something is gained and something is lost...

I also wouldn't be surprised if audiosoft got some nasty plan to give us larger images, fonts and better scaleability horizontally in a future version.. Which would also help on general viewability on higher resolutions.. :)

A great alternative could be to also get hold of a graphics adapter that can take more than one monitor (one crt and one lcd for instance, most newer adapters supports that). Then you can run ejukebox in fullscreen at 1024x768 on the lcd all the time and use the old screen as a working monitor for websurfing, skin making and forum action for instance :D.. Just thoughts.. I bet ej rocks on a lcd as well..

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-19-2004 at 07:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Fishy
I also wouldn't be surprised if audiosoft got some nasty plan to give us larger images, fonts and better scaleability horizontally in a future version.. Which would also help on general viewability on higher resolutions.. :)

Yes, already the fact they plan to move the image lookups at amazon is a good sign :D, since in future the 300x300 images will offer better possibilities concerning high resolutions... :)
Quote:

A great alternative could be to also get hold of a graphics adapter that can take more than one monitor (one crt and one lcd for instance, most newer adapters supports that). Then you can run ejukebox in fullscreen at 1024x768 on the lcd all the time and use the old screen as a working monitor for websurfing, skin making and forum action for instance :D.. Just thoughts.. I bet ej rocks on a lcd as well..

My first idea was to buy a 1024x768 LCD touch screen, but seeing the price of a such monitor :o, unless if i can get back one somewhere ;), i will be content with a non-tactile monitor...
You say two? :D It's a very good idea of course, expensive too... but certainly ideal! My actual monitor is only a old 15" crt monitor!! :D

That would help me a bit to decide if i would know what Audiosoft plan to do concerning the inescapable emergence of resolutions highter than 1024x768 on today and future PC configurations!...

Any thoughts Audiosoft? :cool:
steve_f

posted on 7-19-2004 at 11:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hey Pirk,

every screen I own is a LCD screen. I have a 19" LG (782LE) that is awesome. I have a 15" LG (L1515S) that is excelent for eJukebox and I have the ProGear frontpath 1050HX+ tablet PC.

the Progear is a 10 1/2" touchscreen LCD that is running XP Pro. I bought it on eBay for $330 US and it is the perfect interface for eJukebox. I run KaVoom! on it and my server that has eJukebox running all the time. KaVoom! is lke VNC on steroids. It is much faster than any VNC i have ever tried. (UltraVNC is REALLY good though).

I don't think the screen size or an increased resolution is going to enhance the eJukebox experience in any way. A 15" LCD touchscreen i think would be utopia. The 10 1/2" touchscreen on the ProGear looks awesome at 1024X768.

i'll try and get you some pics.

steve
steve_f

posted on 7-20-2004 at 01:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
images were created in a new thread for some reason. not sure what i did to cause that.

see ... http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=941
Sloan

posted on 7-21-2004 at 02:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Regarding the ProGear, I see that it runs at 400mhz and comes with 128MB Ram. Do you find that this is enough to run ejukebox smoothly? If so, how big is your collection in terms of albums?

Thanks for any response. This does look to be a really cool way to host ejukebox. :D
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Sloan's Aim
Krobar

posted on 7-25-2004 at 12:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I run a 15" touchscreen with EJ. Its about right as pictures are very clear and all buttons big enough to be easily used. Theres a pic here:
http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=684
steve_f

posted on 8-7-2004 at 02:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
sloan,
i have about 5500 songs in my collection.

using KaVoom! on my ProGear to run eJukebox using a USB network adapter is very much the same as using KaVoom! with my centrino notebook with wireless.

yes, it is plenty smooth enough and not at all uncomfortable to use. If i could disable scrolling titles i think it would be faster. considering a ProGear on ebay is about $300 - $350 US it is a very nice, user friendly and attractive remote for eJukebox (and other apps too).

check out this installation for more install ideas http://www.caseserve.com/cinemar/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=410
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats