Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Where are the covers saved?
admi-ral

sad.gif posted on 7-16-2004 at 09:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Where are the covers saved?

Hi there,

im new with EJ and i'm wondering where all the downloaded covers are... is it the ejuke.asn-file or are they saved within the mp3 directories.

My problem is, that my mp3-machine isn't connected to the web, so i have to let ej download them on another pc with lan-connection to the mp3 archive.

i wish to copy them but don't know how...

thanx 4 help :/
steve_f

posted on 7-16-2004 at 12:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hi admi-ral,

within eJukebox itself, the album covers are saved right inside the ID tags. the same place the album title, song title, etc. are saved.

some of this may be obvious to you now that you know that, but here goes ...

if you want to download the album covers on another machine and transfer them into eJukebox later you can do this easily.

on the machine you are using for downloads, make a folder called something like "downloaded covers". when you find the cover on the internet you want to save, right-click on it and select "save picture as" ... then save the picture in the "downloaded covers" folder but name it something to reflect the actual album it is being saved for.

later, save them to a disk and transfer them to the eJukebox system ... and i would suggest putting each of them in the respective folder where the tunes for that cover reside.

in eJukebox, go into the song editor, and select "Use Image from ..." and browse to the image you saved for that album, then select "Set 4 all"
admi-ral

posted on 7-17-2004 at 06:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hi steve,

thx 4 your reply :) well, saved in the id tags...hmmm, that means inside the mp3s or inside the ej database and nowhere else!?
i refreshed my database and nearly all covers are gone.... have to redownload them...
is there an easier way of saving the covers which you can influence (saving place,...)
steve_f

posted on 7-17-2004 at 10:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
are you using any file types other than MP3's ?

like OGG or something else?
admi-ral

posted on 7-18-2004 at 09:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
no just mp3, maybe some mp2, but 98% are mp3 with id3v1 and id3v2 tags...

its still a mystery for me how the whole cover-thing works... the mp3s of the albums which had covers after downloading weren't changed (explorer) in contrast to the ones which i manualy assigned covers. and the database file in the EJ-Dir grew from 14 up to 70 MB. so logically the most of the covers are saved in the ejuke.asn aren't they?

do you know what reasons there are why some compilation-directories are recocnized bye ej and some not? is the status "compilation" saved in tags or in the ej-database`??

:confused:
admi-ral

posted on 7-24-2004 at 11:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Export Downloaded Covers

Hi

how can I export the covers downloaded by ej? Tag&Rename can't read em...
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-24-2004 at 08:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: is the status "compilation" saved in tags or in the ej-database`??

The compilation value is stored in a hidden field in the MP3 ID3 tag. Also, 'Compilation' is automatically assigned when the artist contains "various" and when album names contain "soundtrack".

RE: the mp3s of the albums which had covers after downloading weren't changed (explorer) in contrast to the ones which i manualy assigned covers. and the database file in the EJ-Dir grew from 14 up to 70 MB. so logically the most of the covers are saved in the ejuke.asn aren't they?

All cover images are stored in the eJukebox database. eJukebox lookedup images store a reference# in the mp3 tag so that they will remember where to download the image from after transfering your mp3 files or rebuilding the database. Images that you set outside of the automatic lookup (using the "Use from..." button on the editor) actually get encoded into the mp3 files tag. You can see these images in Tag&Rename...and eJukebox will read in the image from the tag and use those images when you setup your database.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
admi-ral

posted on 8-3-2004 at 08:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ok, i understood, but my question again: how to export the automatically downloaded covers which aren't saved inside the tags? (for viewing them in other programs like winamp,...)
admi-ral

posted on 8-26-2004 at 08:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
COVERS FOUND

Covers Found!! :)

After hours, days and weeks of searching i found out, that all covers (automatically and manually stored) are saved in the "temporary internet files" folder in the profile directory!

The only way to access that dir is by browsing it with another admin-profile. The one which is logged on will see nothing.

This is only important if you are willing to see the automatically saved covers by EJ with other programs like winamp or musicmatch ;)
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats