Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: now playing list
timmyotoole

posted on 7-13-2004 at 06:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
now playing list

i know this feature is asking a lot and audiosoft has made the perfect program but for us touchsreen users there are still a couple things that are lacking. i had an idea to have ejukebox have another "page" like a songlist only it shows the current playlist or the up next song as well as the currently playing song so it i nice and big. along with this page i was thinking to have buttons at the bottom that will act as play stop next previous and so on so that the controls are useable on touchscreens. even at 800x600 the buttons are to small. so as you can see in my horrible mock up the buttons are touchscreen friendly. i know this seems a littl emuch and kinda redundant since the now playing panel is right next to it but this would afford touchscreens with better usability.

also is it possible to have the link songlist to now playing option work for the current playlist feature so that if one is viewing the current playlist the current playing song will be highlighted?

and thirdly.....is it possible to make the right click mouse appear when out of fullscreen mode?

timmyotoole has attached this image:
mock up.jpg - 134.9kb

If Nothing We Do Matters...
Then All That Matters Is What We Do
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-13-2004 at 07:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think possibly a good solution for touch screen users would be if there was a kind of pop up window which appear when you hit any input zone, i.e: when you hit the play buttons area, it would appear a window with bigger buttons... (like one your drawing).

I say that because it's the solution used in industrial environment with the touch screen PCs...
Now there are touch screen PCs everywhere on the new machines!! (Besides, i think i'll "get" one of these nice screens for my personal use... They would be absolutly perfect for eJukebox!)

It's just a idea... :)
Willum

posted on 7-14-2004 at 04:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok, Timmyotoole, how did you get that screen above ? (the now playing with the album in it) Have you made it with PSP or is this an option i missed ??
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-14-2004 at 10:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I wonder too?... hidden option? :D

Audiosoft, could you refine a bit your drawing... please!! ;)
timmyotoole

posted on 7-14-2004 at 10:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
it is just a mock up of a feature i would like to see. i used photoshop. it is a horrible mock up but i didn't have much time.

If Nothing We Do Matters...
Then All That Matters Is What We Do
Willum

posted on 7-14-2004 at 12:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This is more or less the thing i was asking a few times for... only one adjustment... on the place where now is the text ' Now Playing' a (scroling ?) text with adjustable font/color with Author-Album-Song (Maby someting like this ?http://www.uno.it/utenti/tetractys/askapplets/ledDisplay2.htm )
matthewlking.com

posted on 11-1-2004 at 11:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I agree. Its a [Censored] to try to press "play" or "options" via touch screen. Many MANY a time I have clicked the damned VIS button instead and had to deal with turning that back off. IT only seems to happen when I am demo ing it for people too. Go fig.

Please, give us some big buttons or even a mode that is configged just for touchscreen users. IT seems obvious if you want your new eJukeboxe appliances to sell well, that they had a good touch screen interface, not squinty picky buttons.

timmyotoole
If you have a Elo touch screen there is an option to add a right clikc toggle to your screen in the software somewhere. I sue it quite frequently. If not I think it would be an easy download to find.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats