Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: 2 questions -ini and songs tab
Willum

posted on 7-6-2004 at 04:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
2 questions -ini and songs tab

1. Could it be possible to have an startup parameter like -ini xxxxx.ini ? So it's possible to use for instance one time WinAmp 2.6 (need the cpu power myself) and the other time WinAmp 5.n (need the WinAmp 5 utilities) ?
2. A Song tab. So you can make easely compilations of one song performed by different artists.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-6-2004 at 05:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
1. eJukebox can be used with any version of winamp. To switch between different versions you can start the version of winamp you want to use then startup eJukebox...and thats the winamp version eJukebox will start up the next time.

2. You can utilize the right click Bookmark feature to create custom groups of songs then access the list from "View Bookmarks" on the Tools menu.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
junk

posted on 7-6-2004 at 07:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Though i haven't put this under heavy testing, i still mean that Winamp 5.x uses the same (small) amount of CPU power as Winamp 2.x if you run it in "classic skin" mode. I can't really see why people should be recommended to use Winamp 2.91 just becase the default "modern" skin of winamp 5.x uses more CPU power - when it has this option to switch between GUI modes.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Willum

posted on 7-6-2004 at 05:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Oorspronkelijk gepost door Audiosoft
1. eJukebox can be used with any version of winamp. To switch between different versions you can start the version of winamp you want to use then startup eJukebox...and thats the winamp version eJukebox will start up the next time.

Ok.. didn't knew that.. that solves one problem. Thnx.

Quote:
Oorspronkelijk gepost door Audiosoft
2. You can utilize the right click Bookmark feature to create custom groups of songs then access the list from "View Bookmarks" on the Tools menu.

I have 30.000 songs (1500 cd's) bookmark ?? :P. That's why i still use winamp 5.x (See answer to junk later on) the sorting and find works a bit better. But i have seen that in 3.88 you have put some modifications in de search utility.. i'll wait.
Willum

posted on 7-6-2004 at 05:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Oorspronkelijk gepost door junk
Though i haven't put this under heavy testing, i still mean that Winamp 5.x uses the same (small) amount of CPU power as Winamp 2.x if you run it in "classic skin" mode. I can't really see why people should be recommended to use Winamp 2.91 just becase the default "modern" skin of winamp 5.x uses more CPU power - when it has this option to switch between GUI modes.
Junk, if I use WinAmp 2.61 and eJukebox together it uses 10 to 20 % of the CPU so i can do in the mean while some other things. If i use WinAmp 5.03 (With or without modern skin) I use 80 to 100 % CPU so often i have to wait 10 - 20 sec before a recation come... I'm sure it's WinAmp that use the processor, not shure what it's doing. But the functions in WinAmp 5.x are ofcouse much better, so occasionaly i use it to sort/find songs and put them in a playlist. Still it should be nice to have it all in eJukebox.
Willum

posted on 7-6-2004 at 06:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
picture 1 = Winamp 5.x (Clasic skin) + ejukebox

http://www.xs4all.nl/~willum/Picture1.jpg

picture 2 = winamp 2.6 + ejukebox (the peeks you see is stopping EJ (and 5.x), starting 2.6 and EJ, the two lower peeks are starting the printscreen option.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~willum/Picture2.jpg

So.. in my humble opinion.. 5.6 use 50 % more cpu than 2.6.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-6-2004 at 06:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Junk,

Winamp 2.91 basically offers the same features as v5.0 except but without the 5.0 skin support. Using the classic skin in v5 still uses more cpu and memory than 2.91.

Willum,

You can use Winamp 2.91 instead 2.61 as it is the last v2.x, has more features, and still uses low cpu and memory like 2.61.

You can Download Winamp v2.91 Here

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Willum

posted on 7-6-2004 at 07:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, thnx.. i did knew that as of 3.0 winamp was a bit 'slorping' cpu.. So I skipped that version, but when the 5.0 was 'stable' I falled for the skin.. it was wonderfull. But who needs skins when they have EJ :D.
I previouse worked with 2.61 (as far as i knew the last stable 'cpu frendly' version) but the 2.91 i just have installed also works fine (20-30%, i can live with that :))
So.. thanks for the info..

Still wait for the 3.88 search facility :D
junk

posted on 7-6-2004 at 07:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I see. Well, it might be that i have a relative large processor, and didn't notice much difference in percentage in the CPU usage between the two. At home, Winamp 5 with the classic skin uses 7% CPU in general, and that's with the OctiMAX realtime compressor plugin running, standing for much of the usage. With that thing disabled, it bops between 00% and 02%, so that must be the reason i couldn't see any difference when running 2.x and 5.x.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
noision

posted on 7-9-2004 at 03:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Winamp 2.x will not play .m4a tracks unlike 5
steve_f

posted on 7-9-2004 at 10:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
i'm listening to m4a files and i'm using winamp 2.91
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-9-2004 at 10:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You may need to download the m4a input plugin from: http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=137828

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats