Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Severe Issues with Album Covers
Krobar

posted on 7-2-2004 at 11:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Severe Issues with Album Covers

I have around 540 albums of which 500ish have cover images named cover.jpg in their folder. Neither system I use EJ with works properly.

System 1: Show the first 150 or so fine. All subsequent covers are just a box with the IE red corss in it.

System 2: Most appear wrongly repeated (Ie multiple albums have the same cover), appear as a small coloured strip or EJ believes there isnt a cover when there is. About 5% appear correctly.

System 1 is running Windows 98 and 1 gig of ram. It has only about 500mb free hard disk space and virtual memory is disabled. Info about where EJ puts its temporary files and how to change thier location would be very useful with this system.

System 2 is running Windows 2000, has 2 gig ram and 20gig spare disk space.

Both systems are using EJ 3.86 and IE 6 SP1.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-3-2004 at 12:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
When is the last time you rebuilt the music database on these systems?

v3.86 fixes a bug (in v3.76 - v3.85) that was causing ID3 tag encoded cover images not to be saved to the eJukebox database during music database building, resulting in covers disappearing after the images in the temporary cache expired.

In order to correct this bug you need to rebuild once under v3.86 or later.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Krobar

posted on 7-3-2004 at 10:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK,

A rebuild fixed system 2.

System 1 however still has the problem of images not appearing and a red cross appearing in their place. I installed a second cache drive in the system, enabled virtual memory and move the swap file and temporary interne folder to that drive (Both with a max set of 1.2gb). The drive shows 350Mb used while EJ is running and 900mb spare. The system drive also has enogh spare space yet the problem persists. I tried rebuilding and that made no difference.

EJ definitely seems to have a bug when displaying large amounts of images under win98. All images start to go off including Icons and even MyComputer, they just go blank. It looks to me like a Win98 image limit or something similar has been reached. Im sure the limit can probably be increased in the regist or System.ini but not being a programmer I dont know exactly what limit is reached. Please Help.
Krobar

posted on 7-4-2004 at 07:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Could this be to do with the problem?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817177
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-4-2004 at 07:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: looks to me like a Win98 image limit or something similar has been reached. Im sure the limit can probably be increased in the regist or System.ini but not being a programmer I dont know exactly what limit is reached. Please Help.

Unfortunately, Win98 has a maximum of 16,364 concurrent hWnd handles....once the number of hWnd handles exceeds this you run out of GDI resources and get display problems. A hWnd is assigned by windows to every display element available to windows (i.e. checkboxes, buttons, listboxes, images, windows, etc). There really is no way to fix this problem other than closing every program on the system you can when using the album list or restricting the album list to display less albums.

Win2000 and WinXP do not have a hWnd limit...so the other solution would be to install 2K or XP.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Krobar

posted on 7-4-2004 at 08:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Could you make EJ segment the album list?

This would surely fix the problem as the handle limit would not be reached.
Krobar

posted on 7-6-2004 at 05:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I realised one thing. If I set in Internet Options for IE6 not to display Pictures then EJ works fine.

Surely the windowed boxes uses just as many handles if the box has an image in it or not?
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats