Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Tags
timmyotoole

posted on 7-2-2004 at 01:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Tags

is it possible to add to the tag editor a reload tag info for say a whole album or artist?

when i change the files outside of ejukebox i have to go through each individual file and reload the tag. tag&rename is so much quicker and i prefer to use this to edit my tags in mass but i don't want to rebuld my database everytime i chage an album or artist because it takes about 30 mins to rebuild.

Also, would it be possible to have a way to rescan directories for cover art after they are in the database. i don't like adding it to the files because it is time consuming. having a button that could rescan the album directory for cover.jpg would be great.

and ...
is there a way to have ejukebox relocate an album or tracks when they have been moved? let's say ejukebox encounters a file that is missing it could prompt the user to locate the file, ignore it, or remove the entry from ejukebox database. this could be an option to turn on and off and wouldn't be available in kiosk mode.

and one more thing...
on a side note is there anyway to edit the rmouse and lmouse to make it blend with the skin. it doesn't look good and some skins and is kinda an eye sore on the new beautiful silver skin.

these are all just suggestions so thanx for listening

tim

If Nothing We Do Matters...
Then All That Matters Is What We Do
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-2-2004 at 01:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
There will be a Rebuild Folder option in v4.0 or sooner. Which will reload all the files in a selected folder and leave the rest of the database untouched.

We are working on the rest as well.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
timmyotoole

posted on 7-2-2004 at 01:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
tags

thanx you guys rock

If Nothing We Do Matters...
Then All That Matters Is What We Do
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-2-2004 at 08:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good news....:D

v3.88 adds "Re-Build Folder" and "Remove Missing Files" functions to the Update Database Manager. There is a new "Clean/Refresh" button on the manager that allows you to access these features.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fishy

posted on 7-2-2004 at 08:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah! Can you also make it so it skips missing songs automatically? So it just doesn't stop when a missing file is encountered in a given playmode, but autoskips these songs, allowing real continious playback no matter what.. :)

I think you easily could have called Ejukebox 3.88, 3.90 or something :) With all these important bugfixes and additional features. I am amazed and thrilled of all the features you've packed into the (in theory) small transformation from 3.86 to 3.88 :) Keep it up!

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-2-2004 at 09:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The new "Remove Missing Files" function is really fast - only takes about 5 seconds to scan through and remove missing files from a database of 6,000 songs. So you just need to remember to go into eJukebox and click "Remove Missing Files" after moving or renaming songs. It even displays a listbox that shows the songs that were missing.

Fishy

posted on 7-2-2004 at 09:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sounds great! Thanks a lot!

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-2-2004 at 09:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: Ah! Can you also make it so it skips missing songs automatically?

The only way we can get that to work is if we made it replace the missing file with another mp3. Maybe a 2 second blank mp3. If someone can create and post a 2 second blank mp3...we will add this functionality right away. That way it keeps playing after encountering a missing file.

Fishy

posted on 7-2-2004 at 09:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here is a blank one. It's something like: 1.38 secs long, hope that it will work..

Also hope it's possible to implement it so this file will not become added (at least not visuable) to the database when played..

Attachment: blank.mp3 (62.42kb)
This file has been downloaded 958 times

-----------
Fishy
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-3-2004 at 12:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks...turns out we could get it to work much better without using a blank.mp3.

Under v3.88, when missing files are attempted to be played, added to the playlist, or auto-played they will be deleted from the database and the next song will play instead. So eJukebox will no longer suffer from playback stoppage or Winamp Open File Dialogs when encountering a missing file.

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats