Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Tag Editing
dick

posted on 7-1-2004 at 07:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Tag Editing

As I mentioned before I have a ungodly amount of music procured from a variety of places over the years. My files range from tons of mp3, to some monkey audio, to my new favorite .ogg. The issue I seem to be dealing with now is I have TONS of id tags that are in different context. For instance some genius decided to put all the info into one line,a nd ejuke box reads it all, and decides it has no idea what it is. I currently manually edit this when I see a album coming up wrong, but this is just a temp fix because I will basically never be able manually edit every song. I have a tried a few ID tag editors, but they are typically too complicated, or make everything look fine, up until Ejukebox loads em and they are fubard.

Is there one specific mass tag editor anybody has had exceptional luck with in conjunction with EJ?
Sloan

posted on 7-1-2004 at 08:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I use Tag&rename which lets you right click an album, find that album in the allmusic.com database and will insert the info into each file (cover art, tags, album review, year etc). EJukebox seems perfectly happy with the tags that this program edits, including that of cover art.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Sloan's Aim
Fishy

posted on 7-1-2004 at 10:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm.. I wonder if there are some more amg enabled taggers out there, which is less buggy than tag&rename (that program got some irritating issues)?.. Sure would love to see a function in ej where the internal editor could look up an entire album at amg and grab all tags through one click or hotkey... It would be lovely, and I would kick tag&rename directly out of my harddrive...

If amg had accepted it of course. As I understood they demanded audiosoft to remove the amg links from the quicklinks menu, so this feature would possible maybe be too much to swallow for those [fill in a bad word of your personal choice] at amg... :mad: It's an exellent resource they are hosting though...

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
sidartha

posted on 7-3-2004 at 05:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have used over 10 tagging programs, trying to find the best one.

I have finally settled on MP3/Tag Studio.

It's free (but worth registering!)

You can download it here:

http://www.magnusbrading.com/mp3ts/
dick

posted on 7-3-2004 at 11:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ok, now to weave another thread into this one to further debug my issue....

Are you all are using mp3 files? I think its the .ogg files that are comming up wrong.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats