Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Problems with populairty (5star)
jojo

posted on 6-18-2004 at 05:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Problems with populairty (5star)

Has anybody else noticed problems with the pop mode? I've set to play 4 or 5 star files and am getting 3 stars and very few 5 or 4 start ?? and no hybrid isn't on either.

I've noticed this since the upgrade to 3.83, did I do something wrong with the upgrade this time?
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-18-2004 at 07:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, this is a known bug in v3.83 where 5 star popularity mode does not work correctly when hybrid is disabled. This has been fixed for the next version of eJukebox.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jojo

posted on 6-19-2004 at 06:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Yes, this is a known bug in v3.83 where 5 star popularity mode does not work correctly when hybrid is disabled. This has been fixed for the next version of eJukebox.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I didn't see a post on it, so I wasn't sure if it was just me or not.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
Spazz

posted on 6-23-2004 at 08:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I found another wierd thing with the 5 star rating, it gets locked onto a certain artist. Here's the gist of how this happened/what I've made of it.

- I edited alot of the files outside of ejukebox, adding album art and the like, then rebuilt the dbase.

-I couldn't get autoplay to play anything except Dream Theater songs, couldn't figure it out for the life of me, so I rebuilt again.

-Now it doesn't play the Dream Theater songs, but instead will only select Metallica.

-After a bit of fiddling I figure out it's only when Star ratings are thrown into the mix that it locks on artists, pick count mode works fine, unless hybrid is on. Though Custom mode works fine even with hybrid running.

Anyone got any ideas on a perma fix for this? I'm buggered.

http://area51.gerpok.com/song/spazz.png
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-23-2004 at 09:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox v3.85 will fix this.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jojo

posted on 6-23-2004 at 05:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
eJukebox v3.85 will fix this.

Do we have an ETA on this release ? 5 star is my primary play method.

I've also noticed some issues on halting playback or repeating the same song over and over with 3.83
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-23-2004 at 06:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
v3.85 should be out in a day or 2.

junk

posted on 6-23-2004 at 07:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Spazz, how many five star songs do you have? :) Just asking out of curiosity... makes me wonder how other people rate their music. I have less than twenty five star songs, which might lead me to think i am rating to strictly. The songs i like get 3 stars, and 2.5 for those i want to filter out. The ones i find excellent often get 4.5 stars, and on very special occasions, i give 5 stars to the songs i love. :P
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
jojo

posted on 6-23-2004 at 08:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by junk
Spazz, how many five star songs do you have? :) Just asking out of curiosity... makes me wonder how other people rate their music. I have less than twenty five star songs, which might lead me to think i am rating to strictly. The songs i like get 3 stars, and 2.5 for those i want to filter out. The ones i find excellent often get 4.5 stars, and on very special occasions, i give 5 stars to the songs i love. :P

I tend to rate songs I like to hear often, but not all the time a 4 or 4.5, then there's the songs I like to hear more of, and those get a 5. 3's are reserved for my more quiet music that is relaxing, more for sleep etc. a 2 I'll pick once in a while if I want a laugh, or seasonal music etc. 1's I don't like at all, but have them because every once in a while I'll actually play them. I've rated this way because most of my 5 stars are in my play lists for my mobile player in the car. Most of those are great for driving, but not getting any work done at my desk.
Spazz

posted on 6-23-2004 at 08:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
When I rate my music I use a scale that really isn't based on how good I think a song is.

1 star = Intro's and things that just lead into songs

2 star = Songs I don't like and almost always get skipped (I set it to only play unrated and 3+ stars

3 star = Average songs I skip sometimes but usually don't

4 star = Like em

5 star = Favorites

And I so far have 30 5 star songs out of my 4.5 thousand songs

http://area51.gerpok.com/song/spazz.png
Fishy

posted on 6-23-2004 at 09:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Interesting.. So many different rating strategies :)

I tend to follow this path:

1 star = I really dislike the song, don't want anything to do with it... 47 songs of 19528

2 stars= Still dislike it. Songs with disturbing elements or in a genre I dislike.
140 songs of 19528

3 stars= Avarage songs from any genre.
1020 songs of 19528

4 stars= Good songs which I like
1034 songs of 19528

5 stars= Classics in my collection. Songs I want to hear often and I find special in some way. 64 songs of 19528

If one drew a curve of these ratings I think the mean would be distributed around 3 - 4 stars. And the extreams 1 and 5 would get small frequencies in each tail :)

It's great that one can set "half stars" by the way. As you can see from my total number of songs, a lot of them fall inbetween these 5. Especially between 3 and 4, and 4 and 5, as I've become more more clever to remove songs which fills me with hate from the database and harddrive :)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats