Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Remote control you eJ
Blaze

posted on 6-17-2004 at 12:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Remote control you eJ

I just bought an ATI Remote Wonder so I can control my eJ from another room.
It works great and is pretty cheap. But noone developed a plug-in for eJ yet, so I use the winamp 5 plugin and works ok, but of course it's missing some functions.
So does anyone have this remote and by coincidence made a plug-in for eJ.
There are some develop tools available, but I can't figure out to make one :)

This is what the remote looks like:
http://remotew.free.fr/images/remote.jpg
jojo

mad.gif posted on 6-18-2004 at 05:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Remote support

Has anybody had any luck with Girder?? I've tried to make heads or tales out of it, and it responds to my remots, but does nothing. Perhaps I was tired or just stupid, but it doesn't make any sense to me. I have two X10 remotes (USB) and a streamzapper remote (Usb) I'd love to be able to use them with Ejukebox but can't even get them to control winamp anymore
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-18-2004 at 07:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
For programming a remote: a full list of eJukebox keyboard commands is at: C:\Program Files\eJukebox\Keyboard Shortcuts.txt

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jojo

posted on 6-18-2004 at 08:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Programing remotes and such

Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
For programming a remote: a full list of eJukebox keyboard commands is at: C:Program FileseJukeboxKeyboard Shortcuts.txt

Hmm, interesting, and I'll play with it a bit. Isn't there any Girder exports to run ejukebox? I'm just now figuring out the whole girder thing, and it's starting to make a bit of sense but I've no clue how to issue keyboard commands to any program, just yet... perhaps as I play with it all will become clear.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-18-2004 at 08:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If anyone has created an eJukebox plugin for a remote control please post it to the forums to make it available to other eJukebox users.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jojo

wink.gif posted on 6-18-2004 at 11:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
If anyone has created an eJukebox plugin for a remote control please post it to the forums to make it available to other eJukebox users.

I'd actually be really happy if anyody could export their Ejukebox group and post it. I spent a bit of time playing with Girder today, and it's starting to make some sense.... still a long way to go tho LOL
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-21-2004 at 11:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well... yes, i use a remote control with eJukebox, but it's not one you can buy in stores! It's a remote control i've reused from a old compact disc player... And i don't use Girder neither, but a similar (but not free!) prog instead: PC Remote Control.
So unfortunately, i think my personal settings will don't help more other eJukebox users, even if i think it's the same philosophy...

Good luck with your own remote control guys! Be persevering, and i'm sure you will succeed. ;)
Bytor

posted on 6-21-2004 at 01:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am using Girder and eJukebox with limited success. I have a Phillips Pronto remote control and a Streamzap USB IR receiver. I have most of the basic functionality working like playlist and albumlist navigation but still have to work on the more advanced stuff. eJukebox is mostly a ‘mouse’ driven application which make is hard to fully automate with a remote. More hot keys would be a big plus in future releases. If you are interested, I would be glad to send you my Girder config file.
jojo

posted on 6-21-2004 at 04:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Bytor
I am using Girder and eJukebox with limited success. I have a Phillips Pronto remote control and a Streamzap USB IR receiver. I have most of the basic functionality working like playlist and albumlist navigation but still have to work on the more advanced stuff. eJukebox is mostly a ‘mouse’ driven application which make is hard to fully automate with a remote. More hot keys would be a big plus in future releases. If you are interested, I would be glad to send you my Girder config file.

I would greatly appreciate it, perhaps it would help me figure out how to get girder setup to work better for me. I have managed to get some of the basics, play, pause, main volume up/down, mute etc. So it's starting to make more sense. Girder isn't for the faint of heart, I'm finding LOL ....
Thanks for the offer, and assistance.
Bytor

posted on 6-22-2004 at 02:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I will post the Girder config file to the forum soon.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-27-2004 at 05:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
See http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=863 for Bytor's Girder config file.

rllercstr7

posted on 9-2-2004 at 08:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
There is a program called uICE that supports a wide range of remotes and is pretty easy to use. There is a list of every remote it supports on the site. This software already has a configuration file that you can use for eJukebox, but really works well with any program you throw at it. If there is not already a configuration file for a program they a really easy to make with no programing knoledge whatsoever. The beauty of this program is the amount of customization it allows through macros that anyone can figure out. For example by pressing a remote button you can have the mouse move to a position on the screen and left click on a button. Basically if it is possible to do with a keyboard and mosue uICE can simulate it. I use the ATI Remote wonder with it to control eJukebox and everything works great. I just wanted to let everyone here know about it especially those who can't figure girder out, because uICE is so easy. You can find it at http://www.mediatexx.com/ Hope you guys fing this helpful :D
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats