Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: suggestions
timmyotoole

posted on 6-11-2004 at 10:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
suggestions

i have a few requests

the friends that i've showed my ejukeox to think it is a great program. they are computer savvy people so they were able to use it after playing around with it for a little bit. a few things they mentioned gave me a few ideas.

1. The Play and next buttons are to small. since they cannot be made much bigger i thought it would be cool to have an option for fullscreen, touchscreen users that would give two large buttons at the bottom of the playlist that could act as the paly and next buttons. my friends noticed that when they went to push play they hit next or the time display. so maybe having these buttons at the buttom would enable touchscreen users to control it better.

2. a new play mode. have ejukebox have a mode where it plays the songs added in the last week only. or the last month or something like that, i find that sometimes i get a lot of cds at once and i some of them slip through the cracks. so having this mode would enable users to have a new releases play mode or something to that effect.

3. have the vis button work in fullscreen mode to turn on the fullscreen plugin at will so one doesn't have to wait the set time to enjoy the vis.

now for the bugs i found

some albums will not show up in albumlist if there are two cds with the same name. if a cd is by leann rimes named "blue" and third eye blind
"blue" the third eye blind cd will not show up.

well that's it for now
thanx

p.s. audisoft ejukebox is one of the best programs i ever bought

If Nothing We Do Matters...
Then All That Matters Is What We Do
Fishy

posted on 6-11-2004 at 03:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by timmyotoole

2. a new play mode. have ejukebox have a mode where it plays the songs added in the last week only. or the last month or something like that, i find that sometimes i get a lot of cds at once and i some of them slip through the cracks. so having this mode would enable users to have a new releases play mode or something to that effect.

Ah great idea! I am also getting new albums in my database all the time. So having a play mode which played only albums added the last hours, week and month would be perfect!

Quote:

(...) some albums will not show up in albumlist if there are two cds with the same name. if a cd is by leann rimes named "blue" and third eye blind
"blue" the third eye blind cd will not show up.

Yupp.. There are in general several problems with albums named alike. For instance Alice in Chains - Unplugged shares the songlistview with Neil Young - unplugged, when one click the alice in chains one. This can be quite annoying, knowing that those albums and artists are not related by any means. Except that they share the same common name "unplugged". I am sure Audiosoft is aware of this though, and hopefully will make it work so ej knows that these are made by two different artists. That is use the artistfield in the tag as indication that these two don't belong together.

This is not an issue with drag and drop where it works fine, so it shouldn't be too hard to use the same method for albumlist clicks as well? Hopefully a problem of the past soon..

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-12-2004 at 02:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I also support your Request 2. Timmyotoole!
I experience the same problem when i add a lot of new cds at once; they appear clearly nowhere!! it's a shame when you have a big collection... and the "Newest Songs" list is really too restrictive in this case!
Fishy

posted on 6-12-2004 at 02:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hmm.. Ej could even ask if one wants to go into this mode when one has added an X number of new songs or albums. Or would that be too much?

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats