Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Alright, I'm back with a few ideas
Spazz

posted on 6-5-2004 at 03:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Alright, I'm back with a few ideas

Few things that would be pretty cool if it could be done.

First off, as an offshoot of link songlist to current album, why not make an option to refresh the homepage when a new song is played. This way it would keep the current song stats nice and up to date as it went along. I'm starting work on a Ejukebox only machine to set in my entertainment center.

Number 2, a way to create custom views, much like the winamp media library. Example being (the main reason I'd like it) Show all songs with more than 3 stars.

Number 3, now that I think of it, a modification to the 5 star mode to let you play say, all songs 3 stars and over and all unrated songs. I was thinking that would be nice since you could hear all the songs you like, plus when you rate a song down to under whatever amount it would automaticly jump out of the popularity rotation.

And while I'm in and posting again, I wanna thank our brand new skin machines, you guys rock. I had pretty much lost interest in ejukebox and the Artic skin got me thinking on it. Good work guys

-Spazz

http://area51.gerpok.com/song/spazz.png
Spazz

posted on 6-5-2004 at 09:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Oh, one more thing. Would it be possible two songs that have the same name not be hidden as duplicates? I have "Ace of Spades" by Motorhead and "Ace of Spades" by Drain STH and it hides the motorhead version because it's a "Duplicate"

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-5-2004 at 09:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: a modification to the 5 star mode to let you play say, all songs 3 stars and over and all unrated songs.

You can already do this...Turn on Popularity mode and hit the Pick Count tab....move the top slider all the way to the left and the bottom one all the way to the right. Hit the Hybrid button to turn it on... then hit the 5 Star tab and set it to 3 stars then 5 stars.

We are working on your #2....it the form of an advanced search/listing ability.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Spazz

posted on 6-5-2004 at 10:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
::snip:: You can already do this...Turn on Popularity mode and hit the Pick Count tab....move the top slider all the way to the left and the bottom one all the way to the right. Hit the Hybrid button to turn it on... then hit the 5 Star tab and set it to 3 stars then 5 stars.::snip::

Thanks, never thought of doing it that way, I thought that would play everything that matched both, but it worked like a charm.

::snip:: e are working on your #2....it the form of an advanced search/listing ability.::snip::

This'll be great, I can't wait to see it.

And any clue if forcing the main page to refresh on song change would be doable?

Thanks for the quick reply

-Spazz

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-5-2004 at 10:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
We are working on your #2....it the form of an advanced search/listing ability.

Happy to hear this old feature request is still planned: http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=683
Or there, already: http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=339
Fishy

posted on 6-5-2004 at 11:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sure hope that this search function takes care of the "albums named simular by different artists gets grouped together on albumlist click" problem too :)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Spazz

posted on 6-6-2004 at 09:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
'Nother thing just occured to me. Would/is it possible to make it so there is no upper limit to popularity mode with song pics? The way it is right now, as far as I can tell, is if the top picked song gets picked you have to go and manually bump the max song up or it won't get played in popularity mode.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-6-2004 at 09:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: as far as I can tell, is if the top picked song gets picked you have to go and manually bump the max song up or it won't get played in popularity mode.

Actually you don't have to worry about that....the popularity bars work on a percentage basis...the times picked numbers are generated based on the 0-100 position of the bar in relation to the number of times the highest song has been picked. So if you set the bottom bar all the way to the right it will include the highest picked song... even if the highest picked song changes after you set the bars.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats