Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Help - now all my songs are gone.
pmilnes

posted on 6-2-2004 at 07:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Help - now all my songs are gone.

Installed eJuke with some problems - all were solved thanks to this forum - see previous posts for history if needed.

I let it run all night, was just fine in the morning. Then my wife calls me at work and says that it quit running. She ran it again, and all of our songs are gone. She said that it asks her to point to a directory - like it is looking for music - when she opens the program, and I have her point it to our networked mapped drive on our server. That did nothing.

When I got home I removed the database file (that I found on this forum) in the eJuke directory, and replaced with the one from this directory - hoping that it would try to rebuild my database when I restarted the program. It didn't.

I tried to add songs to the database from within the program, and I point to the mapped network drive and it does nothing.

Any ideas? Should I try to re-install the program?

Thanks!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-2-2004 at 09:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
First off, you can rebuild your database by clicking the UPDATE DATABASE button on the eJukebox options panel...you don't need to replace the ejuke.asn file and delete the db.m3u file unless eJukebox will not start at all.

Not sure how eJukebox could open up with all the songs missing in its interface unless you get a message that says "Database Corruption" occured.

Sounds to me like your mapped drive was unable to connect (maybe the remote computer was down). Make sure the mapped drive letter works in explorer so you can see the music files before rebuilding your database in eJukebox and selecting the mapped drive. Also make sure you have "Reconnect at Logon" checked when you setup the mapped drive in explorer.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pmilnes

posted on 6-3-2004 at 11:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That was it - 'Reconnect at Logon' was not checked.

Thank you!
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats