Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: First thought on 3.0
jacoblo33

posted on 4-5-2003 at 06:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
First thought on 3.0

Was quite happy when it was finally released and it looks great!

Got a quick look at it before heading to work and had some first thoughts...

When I play Popularity Mode, the song and artist only shows up in the little window below the controls? No way to get it back to the top? The last picked songs sticks there as it is now, even though it was 20 minutes since I played it.

I don't like the fact that I have to click Next in the Popularity Mode box before the next songs loads in Winamp. This prevents the easy navigation of going to the next song using my media keys on my keyboard.
Would be so great if I could just hit the Next button and it would automatically go to the next random song (i currently play all my songs when i don't have picked one). But this doesn't work as I have to click Next first in eJukebox.

The Kiosk mode options is still not included? Is it on the way or did it cause some problems?

Don't get me wrong that I am complaining, it looks great and you have done some great work!

-Jacob
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
jacoblo33

posted on 4-5-2003 at 07:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Going to add one little comment...

I like the new Next feature, but the moment a song is played, I would like it to be on the top window.

So, once its played, that it show up in the top window and then the next song is in the bottom. That next song is immediately added to the WinAmp playlist.

Then I like the feature to click next if the next song doesn't suit me.

Sort of hard to explain, but I will give it a better attempt this afternoon.

-Jacob
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-5-2003 at 07:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
jacoblo33,

What you said is exactly how we indended it to work and is how it works on our development machines. Maybe something is going wrong.

It is supposed to work like this:

The moment the popularity mode song shown in the small display starts playing it is moved to the top big display and a new popularity mode song is show below.

The moment you see a new song in the small popularity mode display it is loaded to the 2nd position in the Winamp playlist - so that you can use the Winamp, eJukebox, or multimedia keyboard >> button to play the next song.

When you don't want the song in the small popularity mode display to be played next you click "Next" to have it pick another random song.

As for the Kiosk mode options we plan on adding them very soon. Work is almost done on that so it should be in the next release. We would appreciate it if you listed all the desired options you would like to see so we can get them all in at once.

Also, you may need to make sure Winamp is not minimized in order to use your multimedia keyboard to control it.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacoblo33

posted on 4-5-2003 at 07:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sounds good.

I just tried it briefly and will give it a more complete test after work this afternoon.

I know however that my last picked song, kept on sticking at the top window. But I will try it again and get back to you.

The options is kiosk mode. Can give you a longer list later. But would certainly like the edits of the playlist, including delete and to alter the positions of the playlist
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-5-2003 at 10:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My first thoughts on v3.0

Thanks for this new release.
I like the nice-looking custom mode panel. It is very functional and WORKS very well for me. Nice idea!
Maybe for a better look, it miss something to display in the bottom of the songlist panel, there is room for a new default play mode feature!.
Also in this case, the ability of resizing the eJ panels more freely could be very useful.

I like too the compilations with several artists sorted by tracks numbers in the song list. It's better.

My only regret is that it is not yet possible to choose freely the folder/file name construction for ripped CDs. But I believe you are still working on it?

Pirk
Rich

posted on 4-5-2003 at 10:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'll throw in my thanks as well! I've noticed some subtle mouse-over effects / color and icon changes that really bring the look together even more than previous versions. Nice. I do have some follow-ups from previous formum posts though:

- Pirk's request for horizontal resizing. If it's there it doesn't work.
- I didn't notice any Kiosk mode changes. Are you sill considering some of the requests from the old forum? I still think an alternative to the message box is a better way to go.
Thanks again!
Rich
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-5-2003 at 10:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Glad you like the new Popularity/Custom Mode panel. We figured it was a much needed feature as it allows you to skip the next playmode song, before it is played, if it is not to your liking.

RE: There is room for a new default play mode feature
Any ideas on what this feature should be/do?

We are still working on the horizontal resizing...we are not sure there is much to gain by making the songlists wider as there will just be more spacing between the columns. Right now they are pretty well spaced so we are considering maybe making the Artist List show in-between the Left Side and the songlist side instead. So that when you increase the horizontal size it will automatically show the artist list and stretch it to fill the rest of the space. Any thoughts on this idea?

We will be adding the options for the CD ripped files names very soon.

As far as the Kiosk mode options go please explain what you think we should do regarding an alternative to the message box and post on what options you would like to see for the next release.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacoblo33

posted on 4-5-2003 at 03:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Came home and still had the same problem. I decided to restart and now it works perfect!

Beautiful! Works and looks great!!

Haven't tried it yet, but the web interface looks nicer now from the screenshoot as well.

Regarding the kiosk mode, the only two things I want is the possibility to clear playlist, move songs around in the playlist and and remove single songs from playlist. Nothing more advanced, just simple playlist management. But keep them out of my computer :)

Great work guys!
stsirois

posted on 4-5-2003 at 03:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Question about installation

I have v3.0 beta 1 installed right now on my HTPC. When I went to download the v3.0 Final upgrade, I noticed that the name of the setup executable was named ej2upgrade.exe. This raised a question in my mind - will this upgrade only work if I'm using a 2.x version of eJ or will it work for a beta version of 3.0? Also noticed that the full install is named ej20setup.exe which may cause a bit a confusion as it refers to an older version of eJukebox.

Thanks,
Steve
jacoblo33

posted on 4-5-2003 at 03:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Got the 3.0 beta myself and there were no problems with it.

Admit I was a bit confused about the filenames, but it works fine

A question for Audiosoft - Have you hidden WinAmp all together? Can't find it in the traybar anymore...
I don't mind it, but just curious since my computer have been a bit weird the past week.
stsirois

posted on 4-5-2003 at 06:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK. I installed the upgrade over 3.0 beta 1. I really like the additions, especially the "Up Next" improvement. What I don't like, however, is that the fonts in eJukebox all got smaller. I tried right-clicking in both the "Up Next" panel & in the main view to select "Large" fonts, but it made no difference. I noticed that this must be correlated to the font size for Internet Explorer since my font size for web browsing is usually set to "Largest", but when I opened up a browser after installing eJ 3.0 final upgrade, the fonts were set to "Normal" in IE.

I then tried to adjust the font sizes by going to the Display Properties|Advanced tab for my video card. But after rebooting & starting up eJ again, I get an error from eJ stating that I have to change my font settings to a normal size in order for eJ to run.

This is a real concern to me as I thought the font sizes were already too small in beta 1 (not unusable, just wish they could be a tad bigger).

jacoblo33, I was still able to see Winamp 2.81 in my taskbar along with eJ. You may have some gremlins in your system.:D

Thanks,
Steve
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-5-2003 at 10:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
At the moment the only idea I have to fill the bottom of the songlist in the autoplay mode is to use the rest of the space to display several other songs automaticaly queued (whitout any images).
But maybe someone will have a better idea?

I'll try to explain my wishes for resizing the eJ panels:
- Horizontal resizing:
I would like to stretch the songlist panel ONLY to get the same look than the full screen mode. Notice that I use a 800x600 screen resolution, so I need to stretch the window only for 3 millimeters! Moreover, I don't understand why you keep these 3 millimeters free?
Concerning your thoughts about the way to fill the rest of the screen:
I don't see how you could find enough room to expand the artist list. But maybe you plan that for a 1024x768 resolution?

- Vertical resizing:
As you know, the existing resizing feature don't work very well for me.
It's difficult to catch the border when I pass the mouse over it keeping the left buton pressed, it seems to be ineffective and I don't have the double arrow for resizing. Even if after many attempts suddenly that works temporarily (until I reduce/expand the panels).

Otherwise, thanks for making the options for CD ripped file names.

Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-5-2003 at 10:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The reason the download file is currently still called ej2setup.exe is because a couple of downloads sites like winamp.com and download.com are referenced to that file. So rather that having people get the download for 2.99r5 they all will get the newest v3.0 download available. Also, the ej2upgrade.exe file will upgrade you to v3.0 no matter what version of v2.0 or v3 beta you have. We will probally rename that file to ej3upgrade.exe soon.

stsirois,
To change the eJUKEBOX HOMEPAGE VIEW's FONT SIZE: Move your mouse over the homepage view...Hold down the CTRL key and use your mouse's scroll wheel to adjust the size up and down. As of right now you will have to do this once each time you startup eJukebox, if you want to change the Homepage from the default normal size.

SONGLIST VIEW FONT SIZE: There was a bug in the original v3.0 installer which caused the the LARGE Font size (selected from the right click menu) of the songlist view not to work. To fix this please download and install the Upgrade again from the eJukebox download page.

Pirk,

Yes, the horizontal resizing/artist list idea was regarding 1024x768 and higher. We will see what we can do regarding the 3 millimeters. We should be able to make the default width 800 instead of 796 or whatever it currently is.

Also we will look in to making the vertical resizing easier to do.

stsirois

thumbup.gif posted on 4-6-2003 at 01:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thank you!!!

Thank you very much, Audiosoft, for the tip about adjusting the font size of the home page! It works very well. I tried the Songlist trick, too, though it doesn't increase the size as much as I'd like it to. It's not a horrible pain, but it would make reading those panels easier if the fonts were able to be increased by 2-4 font sizes. Maybe this option could be implemented in a future release? I think people using eJ on a standard TV would really appreciate it.:)

On the same note, maybe all the options that you squeeze into the "Up Next" panel could be transferred to the main panel under a new "Options" tab. This would make future additional options easier to fit onto the screen.

Thanks!
Steve
jacoblo33

posted on 5-10-2003 at 09:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What's happening with the kiosk mode features?
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats