Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Kiosk request.
T-MuG

posted on 5-28-2004 at 09:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Kiosk request.

Here's an addition to Kiosk mode that shouldn't require much extra processing power. I call it 'guest accounts'. Here's how it would work:
Once checked, an options section would open. Looking like...
Name_____Password_____Credits__Time
Jack_______tiger__________5______2
Jen_______globe__________5______2
etc.

Whoever runs the JB would either ask the guests for a PW or write them down and hand them out. Once Jack (or Jen) chose a song, the PW would have to be entered. Then Jack would have 2 minutes to chose the remaning 4. Each name would be a different color on the home page and grey out once credits were used. The songs in the que would be of the color of whoever chose them. Credits would be reset once all guests used them, or at the 2nd to last song if only 1 guest has chosen, or once the last guest's songs begin. This is so guests can participate or opt out at any time and not affect the flow of music. A 'kaching' sound could signal a reset.
I think this would be a fun way to make sure everyone's music is heard and no one hogs the JB. Anyone else like the sound of this?

T-MuG
ochristmas

posted on 5-28-2004 at 10:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sounds great to me! That is my big problem with eJukebox at parties - one person can easily (and often will) fill the entire playlist with enough music for a whole weekend... this would be one way of sorting this out.....
Fishy

posted on 5-28-2004 at 11:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ochristmas: Sounds like party-participants in Norway and the UK behave quite simular then. Maybe traces of some old Viking tradition, in a modern context? :D

I have the same experiences and I agree that this would limit the possibilities for one person to override others, and fill the playlist due to their own personal preferences.

Also this might be useful for people that run ejukebox in a more commercial context and wants to have economical profit from the jukebox activity. For instance if customers at a cofeeshop are limited to play 4 tunes for 3$ each.

I do think ejukebox, through the kioskmode, might have potential in those areas as well. As digital jukeboxes become more usual.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
blackcat

posted on 5-28-2004 at 01:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
How about an option to limit the number of songs that can be added in kiosk mode within a user defined timescale. For example, after 10 songs are added to the playlist, kiosk mode disables the ability to add songs to the playlist for 10 minutes. After this period, users can add a maximum of 10 songs again. etc. The number of songs and the time limit could be altered within the options screen.

Maybe this would help alleviate the hogging of the playlist by heavy users.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats