Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: The First New Skin
timmyotoole

posted on 5-3-2004 at 01:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The First New Skin

this is a little something i made real quick based on pirk's htpc skin and i just changed the color of ejukebox to purple, hope u don't mind pirk but i used your songlist.dis and modified it. i know there are bugs to be worked out of this oe but i wanted to put something out there for everyone to play with and get ideas. so let me know wht you think. it's nothing great but it gives ej a sense of newness and i like it.

Audiosoft,

u guys out did yourselves here. thanx a lot for the update. it's fantastic.

Attachment: Ejukebox Purple.zip (435.42kb)
This file has been downloaded 1526 times

If Nothing We Do Matters...
Then All That Matters Is What We Do
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-3-2004 at 06:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not too bad for our first skin...keep at it! Thanks for getting a skin up so fast.

Here are some problems we noticed.... For one, the user must have the Song List set to Xtra Large to see the finished songlist. It is a good idea to just work on one of the songlist.DIS files then copy the contents from the finished one to the other 2...then if you want adjust the font sizes on the other two.

Also...among other things...you forgot to update the "leftborder.jpg" file and the [PlaylistMenu]
Background in colors.ini to make them purple. Plus, it would probally make the popup menu's easier to read if you made their text white.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
junk

posted on 5-3-2004 at 08:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
One smart thing would be for each user that uploaded a skin, to include a small screenshot (nothing big, just a small 640x480 snapshot to give a general impression), and by the way, if we post the .zip file to the forum, is it possible to update it later on? I'd rather not have to make looong threads with new versions as you scroll downwards, that'd be a bit messy. For now, i'd rather host the archive at my site, then just post the link, so i can update the archive when neccessary.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
timmyotoole

posted on 5-3-2004 at 10:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
thanx

thanx for the advice. i now there were things i needed to fix so i will get to it after work today.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-3-2004 at 11:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
timmyotoole, i want royalties! i want royalties!! :D
I joke... i'll try your skin after work, this evening. Thanks! :)
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-3-2004 at 04:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Waow, timmyotoole! :o my god! :D

Yes, this time it's fully... Purple! ;)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-3-2004 at 06:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
to include a small screenshot (nothing big, just a small 300x300 snapshot to give a general impression)
Yes...the Skin posting instructions mention posting a screenshot after attaching the skin file.

Quote:
For now, i'd rather host the archive at my site, then just post the link, so I can update the archive when necessary
Good point....however...if someone already downloaded your skin how will they know that an updated one is available? And if they attempt to install the updated skin - it will not overwrite the old skin because the same \images\Skin Name\ already exists. So for now you should append version numbers to the end of your skin name and repost....and we will delete the previous versions from the forums.

Our plan is to create a skin download section on the main website that allows you to update the skin file as well as enter a new version number so people know....and most importantly register the .ejs extension to eJukebox so that when people click the .ejs download link (like on winamp.com) it installs the skin without asking to save or open... over writes any old version of the skin... and immediately applies the skin to eJukebox.

So when we get that all set you would just rename yourskinname.zip to yourskinname.ejs and post it to your account on the skin downloads section on the main website. But it will be awhile before we have that all setup. We are currently trying to find a publicly available PHP/MySQL skin posting system for the website so that we do not have to create that part entirely from scratch.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-3-2004 at 07:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good projects Audiosoft... very good projects! Winamp should start to fear, seriously! :D
timmyotoole

wink.gif posted on 5-4-2004 at 12:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ok try # 2

here is my 2nd try. i can't seem to figure out how to make the artistlist right border the right color. but anyways, slight improvements and something new in the now playing.

thanx again pirk and audiosoft

Attachment: Ejukebox Purple 1.1.zip (757.15kb)
This file has been downloaded 1276 times

timmyotoole

posted on 5-4-2004 at 12:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
pic

here's a pic

timmyotoole has attached this image:
EJ Purple 1.1.jpg - 184.09kb

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats