Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: 3.80 Won't Load Winamp
CiXel

posted on 5-2-2004 at 09:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
3.80 Won't Load Winamp

Hey Y'all. I just upgraded to 3.80 and now no music, no sound, No album cover in the "now playing" though there was one in "next". :(

I thought Winamp had stalled or something so I shut down the comp and rebooted. Went to load EJ 3.8 up, still same thing.
I can manually start up Winamp and get it to take to EJ, but EJ will no longer autolaunch Winamp. Thoughts? Comments? Fixes? :D
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-2-2004 at 09:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm works fine here...try shutting down eJukebox...starting winamp then starting eJukebox. Close eJukebox again and see if will load up winamp when you start eJukebox again.

What version of Winamp are you using?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Sloan

posted on 5-2-2004 at 10:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
For the record, I too have been having this problem. It went away however recently, so I can't really tell what was causing it. (Running newest winamp, 5.03 i believe).
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Sloan's Aim
junk

posted on 5-3-2004 at 06:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've experienced eJukebox crashing recently, and at all of those occations, Winamp has had it's "Open file" window open. I do not know which files causes Winamp to behave this way, but it has led me to consider installing 2.9x again, since it seemed to run completely stabile, until a reason and a solution for this behaviour with 5.x comes along.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-3-2004 at 06:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The open dialog comes up when eJukebox trys to play a song that no longer exists. I don't think reverting to an old version of Winamp will help. We will see if we can make eJukebox check to make sure the song still exists on the hard drive before playing it for the next version.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Sloan

posted on 5-3-2004 at 06:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I had the same problem - try rebuilding your database and all should work nicely.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Sloan's Aim
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-3-2004 at 06:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Anyone still having a problem where Winamp does not start with eJukebox 3.80?

junk

posted on 5-3-2004 at 06:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft; Yes, i am aware that this sounds like when eJ is trying to play a missing file. I don't remember eJ freezing up and consuming 80-95% of the CPU, under winamp 2.9x, it more just stopped playing. But if you can implement a "skip to next file" when eJ encounters a missing file, it'd be excellent. Why not let eJ check this long before the file is to be played, so everything is well prepared for when the missing file arrives? ;)
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
CiXel

posted on 5-4-2004 at 06:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok, I'm using Winamp 2.91. And the problem seems to have corrected itself after a few times of booting Winamp first, then loading EJ. Of course this was coupled with a few reboots.

Now I can't get it to be 'broken' again, which is a good thing, but doesn't really help troubleshot this problem. But my EJ was working, I got the upgrade prompt, ran it and when I restarted it, that's when it had lost its connection with Winamp. I'd say it took about 3 reboots to correct the issue with loading Winamp first. But it's working now. Thanks for your input.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-12-2004 at 08:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We are now, once again, recommending Winamp v2.91 for use with all versions of eJukebox as we have noticed that it uses less CPU than Winamp v5.03.

Not sure if there is a bug with Winamp v5.03 or if it just normally CPU hungry....That version used 15% CPU, on one of our test systems, and Winamp v2.91 uses 0%-1% CPU. There is now a direct link to the Winamp v2.91 installer at the top of http://www.audiosoft.net/download.htm .

junk

posted on 5-13-2004 at 08:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just curious, have you tested this with winamp 5.x using the modern or the classic skin system? The 5.x series uses a new GUI which uses a lot more memory and CPU power, on my system, so i switched to "classic" in the 'skins' menu. With this setting, Winamp should be the same as the 2.9x series, at least in theory.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats