Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Two of the most requested features/fixes, will they ever happen?
Krobar

posted on 5-2-2004 at 10:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Two of the most requested features/fixes, will they ever happen?

I was wonderinf if an option to disable "Fuzzy searching" and forcing precise tag reading will ever be implemented? Myself and othes first mentioned this problem over a year ago and I live in hope that a future version will finally fix this.

The other thing i the simple (As far as I know) feature of allowing users to specify usable file formats in the ini file.

Ive watched EJ turn into a much better piece of software over the years and was just hoping these two pet hates of mine could finally be destroyed in the next version.

I hope I dont sound like i'm whining and thanks for V3.8,

Rob
Demnos

posted on 5-2-2004 at 05:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, the "turn off fuzzy" is still on number 2 position of my wishlist, right after displaying the rating stars in the song list. (Or is this something that can be done by skinning now??!??!??!)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-2-2004 at 08:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just so you know...Fuzzy Search is turned off on the new Drag and Drop Artist/Album Features. We will see what we can do for the next version for regular searches and right click quick picks.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Krobar

posted on 5-3-2004 at 02:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Audiosoft,

The album drag does indeed work as expected. The one I think that really needs fixing is when selecting an album in the album list, if I choose any album with "best of" in its name I get 10s of albums displayed.
Fishy

posted on 5-3-2004 at 03:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft:

Yes, again thanks for the dragging feature. Although there seems to be a small bug in there: When trying to drag an album from an artist which got the character "&" (for instance: Simon & Garfunkle) it displays "1 song" and no songs are added to the playlist.

This seems to be consistent and not related to where the "&" character is situated at in the artistname.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Krobar

posted on 5-3-2004 at 04:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
EJ does seem to have trouble with certain characters and alot of my albums arent put in the album list because of this. Im really hoping that these age old bugs can be ironed out soon.
Fishy

posted on 6-30-2004 at 06:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just wondering if there are any concrete plans to make the search (clicking on albums in albumlist etc) work like drag and drop does at the moment. So albums made by different artists don't get mixed just because they have a simular names. It also seems to be quite many users who wants a tag only mode when sorting by genre and year..

As mentioned by Demnos above this is number 2 on his list :). Why not give him his second wish as well, since he has been waiting so long for number 1 :D

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-30-2004 at 08:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
LOL. You know there is a mandatory 9 month delay for anything Demnos wants. Just 7 more months to go. ;)

Just kidding...there will be a new option on the Other options tab in v3.88...."Enable Fuzzy Songlist Results" - which you can uncheck to restrict genre, year, artist and album song listings to exact matches. The only thing it will leave fuzzy is typing in the search box.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fishy

posted on 6-30-2004 at 08:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
LOL. You know there is a mandatory 9 month delay for anything Demnos wants. Just 7 more months to go. ;)

:D Sounds like faith is not without a sense of irony, after all..

Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Just kidding...there will be a new option on the Other options tab in v3.88...."Enable Fuzzy Songlist Results" - which you can uncheck to restrict genre, year, artist and album song listings to exact matches. The only thing it will leave fuzzy is typing in the search box.

Ah! This great news :D. The next version sure is going to bring some smiles on your users faces.. Starting to look forward to it like there was no tomorrow.. Thanks a lot! :)

If it will also use tags only when using the "genre" and "year" buttons as well, when this option is unticked, it would be terrific! Would sure be celebrated all the way from Berlin to Oslo :)

-----------
Fishy
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-30-2004 at 09:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: Will it also use tags only when using the "genre" and "year" buttons as well, when this option is unticked?

Yes..with Fuzzy Songlist Results disabled it will use exact matches on the genre and year fields only. No more looking for years in the album title. No more Rock genre bringing up Rock & Roll genre songs.

Also, we made a change to the way the songlist handles album songlists with fuzzy search enabled so that it now requires a fuzzy match on the album's artist (when it is not a compilation). That way fuzzy search works better in v3.88 as well.

Fishy

posted on 6-30-2004 at 09:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am stunned.. Personally I think this is going to be one of the most important features implemented in the 3.x tree, because this has irritated for some time and I have avoided the genre and year sorting because of this.. Really, really glad it will be a thing of the past soon :).

Can almost not wait for the next version :D

-----------
Fishy
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-30-2004 at 10:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We also finally fixed the "&" character causing problems and made genre listings always require an exact match regardless of the "Enable Fuzzy Songlist Results" setting.

Plus....the Genre menu will now display as many Genre's as will fit in the eJukebox height instead of only 20.

v3.88 will be out in about a week.

Fishy

posted on 6-30-2004 at 10:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wow!!! :). A lot to swallow at the same time. Nearly all the most frequently reported bugs fixed at the same time.. I had never expected all these to get fixed at once for the same version and not so early as 3.88.... Really great work :)

Something tells me that Pirk and Demnos will have some superlatives on these as well :D

-----------
Fishy
stsirois

posted on 7-1-2004 at 07:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sounds great, Audiosoft! Can't wait for v3.88. Keep up the great work!!

Steve
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-1-2004 at 07:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Indeed, that's all very good news!!

The end of the "fuzzy logic" dictatorship sounds great! :D

More than 20 genres will be possible? Too late!! I don't know if it remain more than 20 genres in my current database...
No, it's a very good thing too!

Thanks a lot, Audiosoft. :)
Krobar

posted on 7-4-2004 at 05:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Audiosoft,

Really good news to hear these bugs will finally be squashed. If you could just fix the problem with large numbers of images in Win98 I'd have nothing to grumble about. ;)
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats