Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: TV out Skins
Bytor

posted on 4-26-2004 at 06:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
TV out Skins

I have seen some mention in these forums before but not much detail. Are there any plans to make eJukebox more 'TV out' friendly? It looks better that other jukebox application on my Sony 36" TV but it could stand a little tweaking. If you have any recommendations for improving the look I would be interested.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-26-2004 at 06:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
v3.8 will be the first to allow eJukebox to be totally skinned. You will be able to create your own skin to modify the look/text sizes yourself if you wish...and I am sure others will create skins for usage with TV displays.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bytor

posted on 4-26-2004 at 07:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm sure you have been asked this before, what's the eta for 3.8?;)
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-26-2004 at 07:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
On a TV screen there is no secret: you must use large fonts! Also some color combinations give better results than others. The best is to test the result directly on the TV during the skin designing...
When eJ v3.8 will come out, i'll certainly try to extend my old HTPC songlist skin - http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=292 - to the other panels, for my personnal use... But if i obtain a good result, i will share it here!
If ever you make your own TV skin, i would be very interested too!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-26-2004 at 07:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
v3.8 will be released before the end of the week.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
junk

posted on 4-26-2004 at 11:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I hope that after some time, there will also come along a possibility to define the width and height of the different elements, such as the "now playing" pane, so we can make this larger; getting the full 300x300 enjoyment of our images, as well as more flexibility in general.

But as this is quite a large change in structure, i guess we won't see this until version 4.0 or later. But if or when this time arrives, we could truly make skins that made eJ look like anything. One could define which elements to show, and maybe even seperate them, so you could fill up one screen with the album list, and the player with the home view in another, if you have two monitors, for instance.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
stsirois

posted on 4-27-2004 at 12:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
v3.8 will be the first to allow eJukebox to be totally skinned. You will be able to create your own skin to modify the look/text sizes yourself if you wish...and I am sure others will create skins for usage with TV displays.

I never realized that all this talk about skinning was going to include text sizes, too! WOW!!! It seems like I've been waiting forever for truly perfect TV display for my music jukebox. EJ is one of the better ones for this, but it definitely needs some tweaking. Thank you, Audiosoft!!

Steve
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats