Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Multiple Artists to one song...
Mr Frodo

posted on 3-13-2004 at 02:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Multiple Artists to one song...

For example; the song Smooth by Rob Thomas and Santana...should be grouped to both artists...

I find that having Santana feat Rob Thomas throws the grouping of artists off.

A song may have an infinite amount of artists on a song, and EJ should cater for this, regardless of the features of the id3 tags.

Theoretically, a song featuring 2 artists can appear on each of the artists albums too.
jhlurie

posted on 3-14-2004 at 06:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
To do this, the individual artist names would have to be held in duplicative places independent from the joint artist name in the ID3 tag. Even if done by using additional fields invented/carved out by Audiosoft, it would have to be a manual process to enter that data--the "automatic" identification done against online music databases isn't going to handle this.
cbsoundman

posted on 3-16-2004 at 03:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, that would be a bear to code. For multiple artist, I would tag them as Santana & Rob Thomas in your case. I always put the first artist in to match the album it came from.
Demnos

posted on 3-17-2004 at 12:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

I find that having Santana feat Rob Thomas throws the grouping of artists off.

True, but only in the artist list. If however you click on Santana in the artist list, you will then be presented with ALL tracks by Santana including the one with Rob Thomas. Similarly, if you click on Rob Thomas in the artist list, you will also see his track with Santana. The latter of course only if you do have a Rob Thomas in your artist list due to tracks being billed to his name.

So I don't mind this at all. If the artist, record company, whatever chose to bill this particular recording as "Santana feat. Rob Thomas", then this is how it should show up in the artist list methinks. In that case, I only want to see a separate entry for Rob Thomas in my artist list, if I also have tracks (other than the Santana one) from him. Personal taste, probably...
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats