Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: eJukebox2Web on Opera on P900
adamsp70

posted on 3-11-2004 at 09:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox2Web on Opera on P900

I have just got my new SonyEricsson P900 working with my PC over Bluetooth. I thought it would be great to get the eJukebox2Web interface running on Opera so i can control my tunes with the PC screen off.

However - the page that gets displayed is the HTML source, rather than the page itself!

I can only imagine that eJukebox2Web is sending malformed headers or something that ordinary browsers skip over but P900 Opera baulks at.

I've never seen Opera do that on any other sites - it's a great browser for such a tiny machine.
junk

posted on 3-12-2004 at 08:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I also have a p900 and i was expecting this function to work. Sure hope this gets fixed some time soon.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
junk

posted on 6-22-2004 at 07:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I just tried to use the eJukebox2web 2.5, running opera on my Sony Ericsson p900, but still no luck - the page is displayed as pure text. Any idea why?

Here is all of the page displayed in the browser:

<html>
<head>
<Title>eJukebox 2Web v2.5</
Title>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--
function stopError() {
return true;
}
window.onerror = stopError;
// -->
</SCRIPT>
<script>
var nowplayid
var baseurl=self.location.href; </script>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1">
</head> <frameset rows="1,30,*" cols="*"
framespacing="0"
frameborder="NO" border="0">
<frame src=""
name="controlFrame"
scrolling="NO" framespacing="0"
frameborder="NO" border="0"
noresize >
<frame src=""
name="headerFrame"
scrolling="NO" noresize >
<frame src="?refresh=true"
name="mainFrame"
scrolling="YES">
</frameset>
<noframes><body> </body></noframes>
</html>
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-23-2004 at 02:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmmm... we have made a few changes to the way in which 2Web works in, the soon to be released, eJukebox v3.85. So you may be able to get it to work on your P900 with that version of eJukebox if you goto:
http://2webIP:2webPort/pocketpc/

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
junk

posted on 6-23-2004 at 05:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Aha! :) Great news! Looking forward to trying it out, hope it will work!
junk

posted on 6-25-2004 at 06:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hm, after the new version of eJukebox2Web, Opera on both my PC and my P900 now displays "eJukebox 2Web is designed for use in Microsoft Internet Explorer or Pocket Internet Explorer for PocketPC.
Please open this location in Internet Explorer to access the eJukebox 2Web Interface."

It didn't work before on my mobile, but i remember that it used to work in Opera on PC before? Or am hallucinating?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-25-2004 at 09:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Did you try http://2webIP:2webPort/pocketpc/ on your P900?

If so, did the same thing happen as before?

Yes, 2Web used to sort of work on Opera...but now that we have added drag and drop capabilities...we made it so it tells Opera users to open the page in Internet Explorer since Opera can not do drag and drop.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
junk

posted on 6-26-2004 at 04:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hm, wouldn't it be a whole lot better to let eJukebox2web work on opera, without the drag n' drop? I'd sure prefer this.

Anyhow, you were right that i forgot to use the /pocketpc/ extention... after doing that, it displayed the source code, like it used to do.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-26-2004 at 04:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You can still use 2Web in Opera if you must by going to: http://2webIP:2webPort/allownonie/

junk

posted on 6-26-2004 at 04:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Aha. Then, how about on a link to this page on the "Sorry, please use IE for drag'n'drop" page? Or perhaps, even better, forwarding to it after a 5 second timeout or similar.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-26-2004 at 05:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good idea... for the next version we will probally add something like "To use 2Web in your current browser anyway Click Here" which would link to allownonie

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats