Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Keywords feature
Fishy

posted on 10-27-2005 at 04:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ahm that sure looks like a multifunctional thing in a small box:)

I have been longing for an easy way to display different genres and such in the songlist in an fast and easy way. This as well as a more advanced autoplay modi, with possibilities to generate your own presets and save these to disk. This is the answer to those dreams, and I do really enjoy that answer!

One Idea: It would be really cool if this one could also save the results to a html file (maybe with cover images and everything?). It would be great if the user wants to show parts, or even the complete, albumcollection on a website.

I hope it will be totally non fuzzy and true to information in tags. Maybe a hybrid between audiosoft and Pirk terminology would do for this cutie? "Music selection generator" or simular? :D

This one may make the "year" and "genre" buttons at the very top of the program kindof redundant? Since this generator can do those things for the user, it might be an idea to remove those buttons for future versions? Just a thought..

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-27-2005 at 04:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Fishy
This one may make the "year" and "genre" buttons at the very top of the program kindof redundant? Since this generator can do those things for the user, it might be an idea to remove those buttons for future versions? Just a thought..

Maybe... maybe not... Who knows what v4.0 will reserve us?! :D

PS: I like to see how many songs I have for each genre in the current genrelist.

:cool: Pirk
Fishy

posted on 10-27-2005 at 05:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I would have used the genre and years button if they generated non-fuzzy results and I didn't have to reload my albumlist afterwards (which takes a long time due to caching at the end). If the generator is non fuzzy (or at the very least optional non-fuzzy) and can use the songlist to display results, I sure will be using that feature a lot ;)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-27-2005 at 06:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I totally agree! I also would like the Music selections be non fuzzy, of course... ;)
Otherwise where would be the interest we go to the trouble of carefully selectioning some songs if we get dilettanti results?

But don't get me wrong: Fuzzy songlists can be amazing too! :D Sometimes I like to search for songs with some particular words in their titles. That often provides eccentric and psychic lists. :P But for a Music SELECTION, we absolutely want the results be based on strict ID tags.

Fishy

posted on 10-27-2005 at 06:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Free search should of course be fuzzy. Maybe even fuzzier than it is in ej at the moment. It would for instance be great if one could do a free search on both album and artist at the same time i.e "Led Zeppelin Song Remains". As it is now you have to choose between "led zeppelin" or "song remains" to get useful results from free search. Nested artist - album search could be very practial.

But everywhere else I prefer things to be non-fuzzy. Even if this demands that the user should have the tags set alright. Bandnames and such doesn't give a good indication on i.e genre anyway. Don't come and tell me that Jon Spencer Blues Explosion is playing the blues. And the swedish band Soundtrack of our lives has yet to make a soundtrack :)

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-27-2005 at 06:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Don't come and tell me that Jon Spencer Blues Explosion is playing the blues. And the swedish band Soundtrack of our lives has yet to make a soundtrack :)

That is it! ;)

Do you understand us Audiosoft ?! :)

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-27-2005 at 06:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Free search should of course be fuzzy. Maybe even fuzzier than it is in ej at the moment. It would for instance be great if one could do a free search on both album and artist at the same time i.e "Led Zeppelin Song Remains". As it is now you have to choose between "led zeppelin" or "song remains" to get useful results from free search. Nested artist - album search could be very practial.

Absolutely... In this case (Led Zeppelin Song Remains) the fuzzy search completely fails, and provide nothing! :(
This would also need to be improved in order to provide useful results, and not to stay stucked because of the computer idiocrasies...

What a great challenge! :cool: But probably difficult too... There are so many different aspects to reconcile in eJukebox!

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-27-2005 at 07:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
I would have used the genre and years button if they generated non-fuzzy results and I didn't have to reload my albumlist afterwards (which takes a long time due to caching at the end). If the generator is non fuzzy (or at the very least optional non-fuzzy) and can use the songlist to display results, I sure will be using that feature a lot ;)

Fishy,

If you UNcheck "Enable Fuzzy Songlist Results" in the options, when you click on a genre in the genrelist you will get non-fuzzy songlists! ;)
But unfortunately, currently it doesn't works at all for years in the yearlist...

So yes, I hope Audiosoft is worried about strict search in the new "Music selector", but also getting more useful results in case of a free search.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-27-2005 at 11:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Don't worry...I built the new Custom List Generator to be totally non-fuzzy. :D

How about I call it the "AutoList Builder"? That way we can refer to an individual profile as an "AutoList" and I can add an "AutoLists" sub menu on the tools menu with all the profiles...once I have the saving and loading of profiles done.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-28-2005 at 08:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ahh.. good! Fishy will be relieved, and me too... :D

"AutoList Builder"? No objection, that will be perfect for me! ;)

Thanks.

Pirk
Posting Freak

eureka.gif posted on 11-6-2005 at 08:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Another name suggestion:

How about "SuperSearch" ? :o

eJukebox SuperSearch

Possible profiles:
- French Rock SuperSearch
- Electronic SuperSearch
- Party SuperSearch ...

:)

Pages:  1  2
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats