Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Whole words pushed to the search field
junk

posted on 2-10-2004 at 07:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Whole words pushed to the search field

A friend of mine tried eJ for the first time yesterday, and when in the Album List list, he tried to write "Coltrane". As you might know, this will take some time as eJ will jump first to C, then to O, then L etc..

My suggestion would be to make eJ start its search as normal, but hold its jumping for one second, and if more is typed, then send the whole word to the Search Field in the top right corner. That way those who are looking for their artist will get it instead of having to wait around for minutes, getting deeply frustrated. ;)

I tried it a bit now, and it wouldn't feel too bad. If it looked up to the Artist matching the name and disregarded other artist's songs with the same name, it would be quite ok, i guess. If it also sorted the releases by date, starting with the oldest, it would be quite good, actually.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-10-2004 at 07:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Do you see this as a problem when the artistlist is open or just when it is closed?

Maybe we should just disable the buttons after you click one so you can not click one again till it completes the current - albumlist or songlist update. Would hate to have to put a 1 sec delay before the jump or listing update begins.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-10-2004 at 09:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
Would hate to have to put a 1 sec delay before the jump or listing update begins.

Why? 1 sec it's not many, if that could prevent to go in a long imprecise update. Look into Windows, it work like that and that's very handy... But maybe it's not so easy to control that in eJukebox... Do your best!
Fishy

posted on 2-10-2004 at 11:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The optimal sollution would be if one could do this in realtime like in explorer. Then without the help of the search field, which to me would function as a comprimise compared to having this happen in rt (Sorry junk)..

This is a performance issue though.. Is it possible to make ej's jumping fast enought to actually start the jump right away when I push "c" and, *at the same time*, listen to further keystrokes which in this example is "ure" and land at the correct postion which is "cure"? (one of GB best bands ever btw, heh)

It would depend on how much the albumlist cache can improve the speed of albumlist jumping, I guess.. :) But, I am no programmer..

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
junk

posted on 2-11-2004 at 07:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, the way i was thinking it's like this; there is a one second wait minimum anyway, as the process of jumping itself takes that amount of time. I did not intend for eJ to wait any longer, just to keep an eye open if the user presses any more keys, then shift the process of jumping to the search field instead. In my mind, it would not add a delay to the process; just take use of the waiting time until the album is located.

But Fishy is right, i also want eJ to behave that way, my suggestion is more of temporary solution. Audiosoft, your "disable keystroke input while searching" is also a good one, if the process of jumping in the album list has allready begun.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats