Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: App terminates when in edit song mode
prfraker

posted on 1-21-2004 at 08:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
App terminates when in edit song mode

Hello.

I was just introduced to eJukebox and must say that it has a great interface to Winamp and some great possibilities.

I was about to purchase it when I discovered a problem that is bugging :o me.

After searching the forum for a possible solution, I see that user "jezbo" posted the same problem I'm having. It was posted on 8-16-2003 and he has received no replies -- not even from an Audiosoft tech person. Obviously the bug is still present in the latest full version that I just downloaded. This is not giving me a warm and fuzzy feeling about laying down $$$ for a software that has an annoying problem and it is not being investigated or getting any kind of response (like the user that questioned it 5 months ago).

To recap what "jezbo" indicated in his/her post, any attempt to "edit" a song displays the tag information just briefly and then eJukebox terminates abruptly (without any error indication).

I'm running eJukebox on a Dell Dimension desktop system with plenty of horsepower under Windows 2000. I'm also running the latest version of Winamp 5.

When the problem occurs, it's not just a screen disappearance issue, the task manager shows the app terminating almost instantly. There is nothing being logged in the event viewer as an error. I can recreate this problem every time on any song.

I have attempted several re-installs, including complete removal of the c:\\program files\\ejukebox directory. So the problem doesn't appear to be database related. Also, when installing, I receive no errors. Several complete cold reboots have not corrected the problem. And Winamp5 runs stable on my system.

Although I had high hopes for this app when I first reviewed it, I guess I will just count down the 30-day trial to see if tech support responds to this problem. Otherwise I guess I'll spend my money in another direction.

Regards,
Paul
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 1-22-2004 at 04:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm...the only reason the editor would cause eJukebox to terminate like that is if you don't have windows media player installed or have a corrupt or too old version of it. eJukebox needs windows media for the preview function in the editor.

Please go here and Download and Re-Install Windows media player: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player.aspx

Restart your computer and let us know if eJukebox's editor works. Thanks

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
prfraker

posted on 1-25-2004 at 04:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the response. I do have Windows Media Player installed and it appears to function properly, but I will attempt a re-load of WMP and let you know if this fixes the problem.

I installed eJukebox on my W2K laptop (with the same version of WMP) and it works fine there. So there is something strange. I will attempt to see if I can determine what is causing the problem and will post the outcome here.

--Paul
Dan

mad.gif posted on 2-24-2004 at 05:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have the same problem!!!

Same thing here: After I click on Edit Song, it shows the edit menu for a few seconds and then eJukebox says good bye and crashes.
I just installed the new MediaPlayer9 and still no change! I have one of the newest systems around running XP. I never had any trouble with the computer config.

What is the problem? I really need the Edit function!!
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats