Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: can we control splitting CDs??
csimmerling

posted on 1-6-2004 at 02:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
can we control splitting CDs??

hi all,
I love ejuke but a few things are making me want to remove it (even tho I paid).
most annoying is when I add new mp3s to the database. there seems to be no control over how this happens. I'd love a mode where I could click a directory and FORCE it to put the mp3s in a single "cd".

scenario 1: it finds the songs on various live albums or compilations and splits my CD apart and I have to rename the album on each mp3. ugh.

scenario 2: it IS a compilation and ejuke decides to use the original albums. this is related to 1 of course.

scenario 3: a compilation or soundtrack with multiple artists. I can't find any way to get the thing to show them as a single CD- it gives each one its own artist name and when I try to add the CD to the playlist it only takes the ones from that artist. UGH!

please change these things! maybe make an "advanced" import option where we have some control? many things are just easier in winamp since I can right-click a directory and play it. ejuke makes some things much harder.
Fishy

posted on 1-6-2004 at 06:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I agree with you on this. Sometimes it can be quite a job to make ej display the albums correctly. This is especially true when dealing with albums that got more than one cd.

I see this closely related witht the http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=612 thread and I think a more advanced import system, as you described above, would be a more powerful and smoother way to control how albums are bundled together. As opposed to manually renaming and tagging.

hmm.. but since this is controlled by tags the import system would have to alter the tags from the user input at import. Not sure if we want that? Or maybe we do? =)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
csimmerling

posted on 1-6-2004 at 01:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
is the problem ejukebox or my ripper?

is the problem in the tags? my ripper (musicmatch) certainly claims to find the right CD. would the problem go away if I bought the ripper portion of ejukebox?
junk

posted on 1-6-2004 at 04:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I recommend using EAC for CD ripping, for optimum results if the CD's might have a scratch or two. Other than that, i have used eJuke's own CD ripper with great pleasure, it's quite smooth. I have tried Musicmatch as well, but i remember it having a poor mp3 algorithm. EAC uses the latest Lame encoder preset, which is supposedly the optimum quality/size preset for mp3's. I do not know what eJukebox uses, would be interesting to know.

EAC is free, by the way. : http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats