Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Backgrounds
Cactusboy

posted on 1-4-2004 at 08:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Backgrounds

Am at present evaluating ejukebox and am generally quite impressed but for a few things.....or is it me??? I can't change the background colour in the album list (or apply image) and albums do not 'highlight' when I am browsing through them, making life very tricking when viewed from a distance on a tv. Can anyone help?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 1-5-2004 at 12:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
After modifying the album list background image and colors you must click the "Refresh Album List" button to see your changes.

In addition to the mouse your can use the <-- and ---> keyboard keys on the album list to select albums. The highlight should move with your mouse and when using those keys.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Cactusboy

posted on 1-5-2004 at 07:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
yes....but....

Thanks for your reply.
However..... I have tried both these things but am still having the same problems.
Any ideas?
junk

posted on 1-5-2004 at 12:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Strange... i cannot imagine what the problem is straight away. How about posting a screenshot of how your eJ looks with your album options window open, so we can see your colors etc...?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Cactusboy

posted on 1-6-2004 at 08:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
screenshot

Here is a screenshot of ejukebox running.
Does it provide any clues?
Any help much appreciated.

Cactusboy has attached this image:
jukepic.jpg - 151.29kb
junk

posted on 1-6-2004 at 10:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, it does help. From what i can see, you have either changed the background colours to a bright white, or something is wrong with your installation of eJukebox or perhaps you have a strange windows setup.

If the problem lies within eJukebox, try selecting "Default skin" under options in the album list. It should reset your colors, and give you a background image, if i remember correctly.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Cactusboy

posted on 1-8-2004 at 07:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
explorer

Thanks for pointers.
As Ejukebox is running on a dedicated machine I hadn't noticed problems in any other areas, however I fired up internet Explorer and directed myself to the Audiosoft website (normally a black background) to find the background bright white a la Album list.
Also some buttons are missing.
Is there a quick fix you can think of or should I re-install windows......raising another question.
As Ejukebox is running on a dedicated machine is there any preference as to which OS to run it on?(speed, stability etc.)
Again any help would be much appreciated.
Fishy

posted on 1-8-2004 at 06:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sounds like a reinstall of explorer would do the trick.. Ej uses explorer to display the information in the albumlist. And a reinstall might fix the problems. Get the latest version at microsoft.com.

Remember to use the funky dark blue plastic bag pattern of Junk if you get this to work :)

When it comes to OS.. It depends on your hardware. If you got 256< ram and a decent cpu then you might stick to Xp or win2k. They provide the best stability as well. But if you're hardware is outdated you might get a better outcome from running Win98... Hope this helps :)

When I think of it has someone tried to run ej from Wine in linux? Would be, just to pleasure my curiousity, nice to know how that would turn out :D

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
robbieg123

posted on 1-9-2004 at 03:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Fishy
Sounds like a reinstall of explorer would do the trick.. Ej uses explorer to display the information in the albumlist. And a reinstall might fix the problems. Get the latest version at microsoft.com.

if you haven't reinstalled already, this might do the trick... some programs (can't think of any off hand) may change settings for internet explorer, and this might be the case for you...

go to 'Tools' in the menu bar in Internet Explorer, click on Internet Options. On the General tab (this should be the one that appears on the screen), there are four buttons on the bottom of the screen [Colors, Fonts, Languages, Accessibility]. You'll want to click on Colors; make sure Use Windows colors is checked.

Close explorer and reopen it and go to the audiosoft website.. this should correct everything without the hassle of reinstalling/copying everything-again, if you haven't done so already.

(i've come across this problem before-not for ejukebox-and was told to do this, and it solved the problem)
Cactusboy

posted on 1-10-2004 at 05:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for your replies in my case 'using windows colours' didn't help,but hey it was worth a try!
I went for a full reinstall and now have a background in full plastic bag glory!!!
As ever though the re-install has unleashed a plethora of networking issues, still........................
Again thanks for your help guys.
Now how can i get black backgrounds in all the oyher boxes?
junk

posted on 1-10-2004 at 06:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
When you say "in the other boxes", you mean around the album covers etc? If this is the case, it's just a matter of selecting the right colors in the album options. But i get the feeling you are talking about the rest of eJukebox, and this is a different issue.

Currently, there's no easy way to change the rest of the colours, but it can be done by editing the text files which generates the song list defaults (Pirk has much experience with this), and you can also edit much of the graphics that make out eJukebox' interface.

Thanks for using the magic plastic bag, i will soon make a "taller" version for those who use a resolution higher than 1024x768, so you don't get the "looping" of the shades in the corner. (if you drag the bottom bar of eJukebox all the way down, that is).

Have fun!
stsirois

posted on 1-11-2004 at 07:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hey Cactusboy,

How did you increase your "Now Playing" font size? It looks bigger than the font size in my install of eJ. What resolution are you running?

Thanks,
Steve
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 1-11-2004 at 07:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Cactusboy must have been using a really old version of internet explorer when he took that screenshot.

Everyone should be using IE6 or later with eJukebox.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
junk

posted on 1-12-2004 at 12:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
By the way, i've updated the magic plastic background image for those who use resolutions larger than 1024x768, at:
http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=626
Cactusboy

posted on 1-16-2004 at 07:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Steve

Sorry Steve, been away.
Ejukebox is running at 800x600.
I dont remember how I changed the font size of the now playing area, or indeed if I did, I have done a fair bit of fiddling and my memory isnt what it used to be i'm afraid, sorry.
However I would warn against it anyhow as when a selection has a long title it pushes the album title behind the 'next up' list, which is a little annoying as it looks untidy and i can find no way to rectify it!
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats